Show your SE!

Some wonderful guitars over here, guys!
When I asked something about the SEs, I promised to post some pics of my new guitar once it has arrived. Well, I have it since last year, but here we go:

PRS%20SE%20Mark%20Tremonti%20Custom%20CSB%201.JPG

PRS%20SE%20Mark%20Tremonti%20Custom%20CSB%202.JPG

PRS%20SE%20Mark%20Tremonti%20Custom%20CSB%203.JPG

PRS%20SE%20Mark%20Tremonti%20Custom%20CSB%204.JPG

PRS%20SE%20Mark%20Tremonti%20Custom%20CSB%206.JPG

It's a Tremonti SE Custom in Cherry Sunburst but I guess you already know this after seeing the images :D

Regards
Frank

I'll play! These are still currently in the stable...

Fang & Fate--

prs%2520se%2520pa2.jpg

prs%2520se%2520pa.jpg

The Akesson is so hard to get a good shot of...

prs%2520se%2520akesson%252011.jpg

1037.jpg

Rock n Roll!!

7493.jpg

7481.jpg

There have been a few others that came and went.... All great guitars!

Just got this Spalted Maple SE custom 24 ... it sustains for hours ...
These are special runs. I missed this special run that Sweetwater had (20 of these Spalted Maple Santana Yellow) - but found one on ebay, 2 weeks back. Happy Boy.

IMG_20140615_131449.jpg

Just got this Spalted Maple SE custom 24 ... it sustains for hours ...
These are special runs. I missed this special run that Sweetwater had (20 of these Spalted Maple Santana Yellow) - but found one on ebay, 2 weeks back. Happy Boy.

IMG_20140615_131449.jpg

That looks superb! Nice choice!

I've had a ton of SE's, but these are the three currently residing with me:

PRS Clint Lowery SE - Currently has the EMG Het Set in there, tuned to drop B with the stock 11-56 gauge strings, sounds brutal but since Seymour Duncan just announced they would start building the Pegasus bridge and Sentient neck pickups in 6-string form, I pre-ordered one of the first sets out of the shop and they will be arriving this weekend so I'm thinking this baby is getting that sweet passive goodness soon! ;)

PRS SE 245 - Pretty much stock other than the tuners being swapped out for USA PRS Phase II Locking Tuners with PRS Faux Ivory mini buttons and the knobs are the USA clear/black lampshade knobs. Tried swapping out the pickups and honestly the stock SE 245 pickups just sound really nice in this guitar so I put them back in! Who knows, maybe I'll drop something else in there later but I'm not in a rush to do it I guess! :D

PRS_Collection_June_15_2014_5_zpsc0d7853d.jpg

PRS Mike Mushok SE - Currently has an EMG 81/60 set, also tuned to drop-B but with much thicker strings so the thing sounds like an angry piano! :rock::top: I put a set of the Ibanez chrome collet knobs on the Mushok, they have rubber grips on the side that make rolling on and off much easier and they also fit the look of the guitar VERY nicely! Thinking when I yank the Het Set from the Lowery I'll drop those into the Mushok as I really dig how those sound closer to a mix of EMG's active tone and a nice set of hot passives. Pretty sure the Het Set would sound great in the Mushok! :D Or I may go whole hog and see if I can get some more of the new Duncans as the dealer might have also be getting some Nazgul 6'ers in stock so I'm waiting to hear back, could go all passives again! :flute:

PRS_Collection_June_15_2014_9_zpsfa9eaa86.jpg

Hi there, I`m new to the forum and the is my SE, a whale blue Custom 24 with Dimarzio CrunchLab/Liquifire

photo2_zps14659e03.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo1_zps2eb39b09.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
I just picked up a Tremonti SE Custom with a quilted top in the Tobacco Burst flavor. Really enjoying it so far even if it does weigh in at 9 lbs!

https://twitter.com/ResidentRenzo/status/276521188946223104/photo/1

Here's my PRS SE Custom Semi hollow. Got some mods in there: SD pickups (JB and Jazz) Schaller locking tuners, and graphite nut. Standard strap buttons work fine so didn't put locking ones.

Didn't change volume/tone pots and input jack yet... which ones would you recommend?

Peace,
-ResidentRenzo.

Last edited:

Mushok....Duncan Custom in the bridge, locking Schallers. Strung 10-52 in open C and it crushes.

Back