Show your SE!

Yeah those are some nice legs :D

Question about scale length. Two SE models I'm looking at, either the 245 (or Marsden, pretty similar spec wise) or the SE Catanese, have different scale lengths, 24.5" and 25" respectively. Do you really notice a big difference between the two? I play a LP, SG but also a Tele and JM, and really don't have much issue with changing from one to another. Curious if you think there's much of a difference going on with this half inch. Pickups are different too, since the Catanese has EMG's in it, and an ebony fretboard. Thanks.

My new PRS SE Singlecut Trem :beer:

IMG_2983.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

Nice man, looks good! I don't like Les Pauls with tremolos, but the way PRS designs this bridge, I do like it. I bet it stays in tune pretty well too. Cheers!

Yeah JMO, but I would rather have this than ANY Gibson, and yeah contrary to some things I have heard about the bad tuners, and nut, it does stay in tune really well.

Wow a lot of amazing looking guitars in here. Makes my guitar look rather ugly with its wide grain and skunk stripe in the middle of the top. Didn't realize sweetwater let you see the guitar before you bought it. Will definetly be looking now. I just with I got a custom 24 when they came priced at $536 didn't realize they were going to jump up to $709.

Wow a lot of amazing looking guitars in here. Makes my guitar look rather ugly with its wide grain and skunk stripe in the middle of the top. Didn't realize sweetwater let you see the guitar before you bought it. Will definetly be looking now. I just with I got a custom 24 when they came priced at $536 didn't realize they were going to jump up to $709.
That was the older Custom 24 with a flat non carved top and toggle switch.
It has been totally revamped for 2012/13.
Now has a carved top, coil tapping, and three way blade switch.

Last edited:
Hey all,.....Here's a few shots of my SE SCTrem. There are a few upgrades that match some of the ones already noted...like Locking Tuners, Tusq nut,....I also made a comestic change on the pup bezels. The next mod will be installing a set of Duncan P-Rails so that may require an additional knob.......

Speaking of which, I DO wanna change those as well plus I can't find a stainless steel metal toggle switch.... ......I'll see how that goes....Cheers!!

newPRSmod2.jpg

newPRSmod45.jpg

newPRSmod3.jpg

Last edited:
Hey all,.....Here's a few sots of my SE SCTrem. There are a few upgrades that match som e of the ones already noted...like Locking Tuners, Tusq nut,....I also made a comestic change on the pup bezels. the next mod will be installing a set of Duncan P-Rails so that may require an additional knob.......

Speaking of which, I DO wanna change those as well plus I can't find a stainless steel of metal toggle switch.... ......I'll see how that goes....Cheers!!
What brand are the locking tuners, and were they a direct fit, or did you have to do some drilling?

No drilling prsguitarman101,......Schaller locking tuners are a drop-in replacement. I DID opt for the smaller button tuners however,......I just think they match the over-all size of the headstock better....

Tuners1.jpg

However, the actual height of the tuning post is rather short due to where it comes in contact with the base on the back-side of the headstock. This results in a much shorter post on the tuning side. It's still very workable, ..just throws you of a bit when they are side by side....

Tuners2.jpg

Tunerinstall1.jpg

But as you can see, the body of the Schaller's are almost a mirror image to the PRS tuners....

Tunerinstall2.jpg

When they're all in place, I like the smaller button look......

Tunersinstall3.jpg

Ok here is my first try. I don't seem to be able to get pics to work. I will try and get decent pic in the afternoon with better light. She doesn't look anywhere near as good as some esspecially that quilted maple looking se 24 posted earlier but she is all I got.

IMG_20130111_035606.jpg

Ok got it to work just wish my guitar loked half as nice as michael b or cantankerouscarl's insanely beautifull guitars

Last edited:
No drilling prsguitarman101,......Schaller locking tuners are a drop-in replacement. I DID opt for the smaller button tuners however,......I just think they match the over-all size of the headstock better....

Wow, just the tuners I've been looking for. Thanks for the post! I just ordered them for mine.

Ok here is my first try. I don't seem to be able to get pics to work. I will try and get decent pic in the afternoon with better light. She doesn't look anywhere near as good as some esspecially that quilted maple looking se 24 posted earlier but she is all I got.

IMG_20130111_035606.jpg

Ok got it to work just wish my guitar loked half as nice as michael b or cantankerouscarl's insanely beautifull guitars

Looks pretty nice to me! Trying to decide myself, between the SE 245, Marsden or the Nick Catanese model.

Are they staggered or are my eyes just playing tricks on me? :dontknow:

Yeah, it looks like a visual trick.......

No, there are not staggered posts. What happened was that I chose to swap out the top tuners 1st,....to see how they look & work with the shorter post,....then proceed to removed the PRS tuners (the one that's missing the nut & post-ring) a pr at a time....

Ok here is another shot. This is a frustrating guitar to get a goid picture of. The lok of it changes depending on the direction you are looking at it from. That and its a crappy camera phone pic but here is a bit better shot.

IMG_20130111_143936.jpg

I'll be a club member soon too. Getting an SE 245 in Tobacco burst on Saturday for my birthday.

It's been hell, the guitar has been sitting in it's box in my spare room since before Christmas!

Back