Show your SE!

Here's my SE with it's brother:

2agr9jp.jpg

Funny (now) story is that the day I got this guitar (SE) I was in Seattle on vacation. I actually had got off a cruise ship there headed home on a flight but wanted to go to Guitar Center and look around. I never had owned or had any experience with PRS guitars prior, but the SE was drawing my attention, I played it and loved it right away. I bought the guitar, headed back to the hotel when I noticed I was coughing up blood. I quickly started feeling really, really bad. So I ended up in the ER on IVs with pneumonia. I still flew home the next day, with the guitar in the captain's closet in a gig bag. There was bad turbulence on the flight and along with feeling miserable I was worried sick about the guitar. Turns out it was fine and I got better!

I have modded it quite a bit, some I had to do. For one, the nut had some "sticking" issues where a string would catch and go out of tune. I ended up having a new nut put on along with locking tuners. I also decked the trem and blocked it. The pickups were just something I wanted to try. I found the stock pickups a bit muddy so I installed Seymour Duncan Jazz and JB set as well as new electronics.

It's a great guitar and really awesome workhorse. I also am not as precious about it as I am my 10 Top CU24.

It's a Custom 22 in Grey Black.

This thread is giving me a lot of gas for a new SE. I've had a couple in the past but sold them. Right now, really interested in the Catanese model (in red) but possibly the Marsden or 245 models too. The Catanese would be more of a shredder/heavier type guitar that I don't have in my arsenal right now. I love the plain ebony board on it too. I don't like overly flashy guitars for the most part. I also don't have anything with EMG pickups in it, wonder if I'll like them.

734138_10151613608294488_1933747380_n.jpg

I just love my dead simple SE Korina One.........it's proof that the sum is greater than it's parts. Truly a WTF guitar.

Here's my first year Tremonti SE.
I installed a PRS Deep Dish II pickup in the bridge position but it looked really beat up, so I found a set of EMG style covers to help clean up the look.
I also refinished the headstock with a PRS signature logo.
This guitar has the best action and the best sound of all of my guitars, with the exception of my '86 Custom 24. ;)

I also have a SE 245 in route that I just purchased and I'm looking at the new Tremonti Custom as well.
I LOVE these guitars!

PRSTremontiSE1-1.jpg

Last edited:
^^That looks sweet. I'm debating between the SE 245 and a SE Catanese model. Likely with the 245 I would change pickups to maybe the SD JB/Jazz combo. Whereas with the Catanese I would leave stock. I like that Tonepros bridge on the Catanese too. There's a good deal on the 245 I might take soon if it's still around, around $400 basically new. The Catanese is a bit more. Are these two models the same thickness? I prefer thicker, like an LP. Sort of a must for me.

How did you do the headstock on this Tremonti model? Looks very slick.

^^That looks sweet. I'm debating between the SE 245 and a SE Catanese model. Likely with the 245 I would change pickups to maybe the SD JB/Jazz combo. Whereas with the Catanese I would leave stock. I like that Tonepros bridge on the Catanese too. There's a good deal on the 245 I might take soon if it's still around, around $400 basically new. The Catanese is a bit more. Are these two models the same thickness? I prefer thicker, like an LP. Sort of a must for me.

Thanks for the compliment.
I just received shipment of my SE 245 today and I really love it!
I had never played one before so I was a little skeptical of the 24-1/2" scale and the "wide fat" neck, but once I picked it up and started playing it, it was VERY hard to put down! It was like playing a guitar I've had for years ... very comfortable. I changed the strings to 10-46 gauge and adjusted the action just a hair and it's perfect. Intonation is spot on. I was also looking at the new Tremonti Custom because of the "wide thin" neck (like my first year Tremonti), but now I'm really thinking about buying another SE 245.

From what I can tell, the SE Catanese also has the thicker body, the same "wide fat" neck carve, EMG pickups, Tonepros bridge, and it's 25" scale.
It looks like a great guitar too but I'm not a big EMG fan and I really like the bird inlays.

How did you do the headstock on this Tremonti model? Looks very slick.

I found a company that made the signature logos many years ago. They no longer make them for obvious reasons.
Looking back, I wish I would have bought a bunch of them. They were really nice quality gold metallic vinyl. VERY nice.
Anyway, I just sanded off the Tremonti logo, repainted it black, applied the logo, clear coated (acrylic urethane), wet sanded and buffed it out.
Initially, the logo was too long so I had to cut and paste each name separately. I'm happy with how it turned out though. :)

The SE 245 will have some different colors for 2013, correct? I see Sam Ash is "closing out" their tobacco and white models, although no price decrease, ugh. Musicians Friends mentions a dark cherry burst, which I might have to see, that could be nice, as long as it isn't a clown burst color, which it sounds like it won't be. They also list Orange, but nothing else to describe it. They list both colors in stock, but there are no pics of it. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/prs-se-245-electric-guitar

I liked the Tortoise Shell color, but that seems to be discontinued now. Black and tobacco burst seem to be carried over. Anyone have pics of the two new colors?

Well I found this dark cherry burst from Google, a shop in the UK. Not really the look I like, a bit ornate:

prs_se245_darkcherrysburst.jpg

Atually the plain black looks pretty bitchin'. But I have an Epi LP in black, sort of want a different color. And I like my Epi a lot, but maybe I could sell, and buy a different color in that.

DV016_Jpg_Large_H74457.001_black_body_closeup.jpg

Because there aren't enough completely embarrassing photos with your SE in here, here's mine with me in my snazziest outfit to date. :eek:

halloween-band1.jpg

My apologies to Angus Young. The whites socks seemed like a good idea at the time.

Because there aren't enough completely embarrassing photos with your SE in here, here's mine with me in my snazziest outfit to date. :eek:

halloween-band1.jpg

My apologies to Angus Young. The whites socks seemed like a good idea at the time.

Someone set up a poll to determine who has the best legs, Markie or Boogie!

Back