Show your SE!

PRSSEBM_M19821-front-l.jpg

That's exactly the way it looks under dim light, I'll have to wait for the right sunshine to get the photo I like.

-
PRSSEBM_M19821-detail1-l.jpg

Look just below the curve on the left, you might see what looks like hair or lint. I first saw the photo on Sweetwater's site and thought, "I wonder if they'll buff out that scratch?" Answer: Nope, it's not only there it was the first thing that caught my eye when I pull the axe out of the gig bag.

Hey guys,

This is the first Santana SE I owned back in 2005 or there abouts. I sold it and regretted it ever since!
thirdeyepromo.jpg
I agree, it's a pretty great guitar. But luckily they're still under the radar and you can get them used for $275-350.

I broke a string during the 1st song at band practice on my Custom 22 last weekend and played my Santana (that looks just like your old one here) the rest of practice. I really dig the fact that I can put down my expensive USA model and pick up the Korean one and just keep on going. It's not quite as good, but I'm not struggling the whole time either.

PRSSEBM_M19821-front-l.jpg

That's exactly the way it looks under dim light, I'll have to wait for the right sunshine to get the photo I like.

-
PRSSEBM_M19821-detail1-l.jpg

Look just below the curve on the left, you might see what looks like hair or lint. I first saw the photo on Sweetwater's site and thought, "I wonder if they'll buff out that scratch?" Answer: Nope, it's not only there it was the first thing that caught my eye when I pull the axe out of the gig bag.

Congrats on the Bernie and welcome to the club!

You should be able to buff out that scratch. I had something similar on mine (Caused by me) and it came out easy with some carefully applied T-Cut and a polish.

Nice top on that!

Congrats on the Bernie and welcome to the club!

You should be able to buff out that scratch. I had something similar on mine (Caused by me) and it came out easy with some carefully applied T-Cut and a polish.

Nice top on that!
In this dusty environment it won't be worth the elbow grease. Everyone deployed here leaves with a medical document about the air quality here. Meanwhile, for comparison's sake, here are my own photos shot with a Nikon D7000 at iso 3200 next to a GLPCC:
PL3_3289.jpg

-
With flash;
PL3_3274.jpg

I agree, it's a pretty great guitar. But luckily they're still under the radar and you can get them used for $275-350.

I broke a string during the 1st song at band practice on my Custom 22 last weekend and played my Santana (that looks just like your old one here) the rest of practice. I really dig the fact that I can put down my expensive USA model and pick up the Korean one and just keep on going. It's not quite as good, but I'm not struggling the whole time either.

Oh really? I'll have to keep an eye out for one then as I really did regret selling it and it would great to get another one!

Just MAJORLY upgraded my SE Akesson - I always thought this guitar would look sharp with covered pickups, so I put a set in, and it does! Oh... they also happen to be 57/08's!!! :0 FINALLY. I've been wanting and waiting for a set of these since they came out (in fact you may have heard me whine about it on here). These particular pickups are an early, non-engraved set. I got them from a very nice guy over on TGP, apparently he bought them from a friend who is a tester for Paul and these were sent to him as a prototype when production had just started (or something to that effect). Anyways, KILLER sound from these things. I already loved the tone of the guitar itself, something about it is a bit better than the stock 245's to my ear, but these pickups put it over the top. They're not high output, yet still powerful somehow - LOTS of punch, very balanced, not too bright in the highs. I'm especially surprised by the pickups in combination, they're matched really well and sometimes I don't find both pickups useable at the same time, but these things nail it. Here she is with the new coils:

8238782299_e68f1cba51_z.jpg

8238780983_dce84b6c9b_z.jpg

Nice. I played one of these yesterday and it was pretty sweet. I was really impressed.

They are very good guitars, even in standard form, as you;ve seen mine is quite heavily modified and i love it, its gets gigged every weekend and is a joy to play every time!

I picked up a used Tremonti this weekend, it's on its way from Guitar Center in Englewood Colorado. I have a friend in the Denver area who checked it out for me. He said it was nearly flawless. As you can see, the price was right, too!

108359995_lg.jpg

I will probably pick up a Tonepros adjustable bridge for it, string it with 13s and tune it B to B like my baritone. I have a couple sets of really great pickups kicking around that I'm going to try in it, and am curious what's installed in there now.

I have a couple sets of really great pickups kicking around that I'm going to try in it, and am curious what's installed in there now.

Looks like it could possibly have USA Tremonti pups. That would make that an incredible deal.

Nice guitar, congrats!

Back