Show your SE!

Yes all the guitars have bareknuckle pickups, the Schecter has an Aftermath bridge + Painkiller neck

So what is your synopsis of the that combo? I have a C-1 XXX that I wanted to do a pup swap on and I was torn between the JB/59 combo or trying out that BKP combo.

013.jpg

So what is your synopsis of the that combo? I have a C-1 XXX that I wanted to do a pup swap on and I was torn between the JB/59 combo or trying out that BKP combo.

I think the combo works very well, i would like to try it on a neck through or set-in neck guitar as i think it would sound even more awesome. Your guitar is heavy mahogany so it has a darkish tone so the aftermath wuold stit well in it. Also depends though what kinda sound you are after and what style you want to play.

First post here from a new member. I myself have a tobacco burst SE Singlecut with trem that I adore. I actually sold off my US Gibson when I got the SE.

I CAN'T TAKE ALL THESE GORGEOUS GUITARS!!!

My horrible pics...
80f7fe2f.jpg

474dea14.jpg

03e5192d.jpg

dff9a003.jpg

I need so many more!

I really want to make upgrades to my Singlecut but it is a very new platform for me. I would like to go with locking tuners, new nut, and to lockout the bridge. Not sure if I can handle any of those tasks myself.

I think the combo works very well, i would like to try it on a neck through or set-in neck guitar as i think it would sound even more awesome. Your guitar is heavy mahogany so it has a darkish tone so the aftermath wuold stit well in it. Also depends though what kinda sound you are after and what style you want to play.

I mostly play hard rock/metal....

Maybe something like the Nailbomb would be better suited (in the bridge), not that the Aftermath cant handle that but its a very dry, midhumped pickup and also very tight. Though a lot of metal is tight some styles require a more organic sound-hence the nailbomb suggestion. The painkiller in the neck would be great but if you want a more buttery pickup in there then the Coldsweat would be good :) hope that helps?

Btw modestglok26-nice gtr!

Maybe something like the Nailbomb would be better suited (in the bridge), not that the Aftermath cant handle that but its a very dry, midhumped pickup and also very tight. Though a lot of metal is tight some styles require a more organic sound-hence the nailbomb suggestion. The painkiller in the neck would be great but if you want a more buttery pickup in there then the Coldsweat would be good :) hope that helps?

Btw modestglok26-nice gtr!

Sounds like a great combo, I'll have to try it out. Thanks for the info!

Figured I'd start my first post here with a pic.

PRSshoot015.jpg

I regrettably sold the Tremonti a few months ago, but still have the 25th Cu24. I will be getting a 245 on Monday though :)

Oh, if anyone has the amber quilt 25th Cu24 and wants to trade for my blue one, let me know ;)

This is my first post here but I was pretty active on BAM and I'm on the other PRS forums.
I don't have any of these SE's anymore and I regret having to part with them (particularly the SE EG and the Floyded Singlecut)

All of them (except the SE EG) were modded with CTS 500k pots, Orange Drop caps, & Switchcraft toggles

1. PRS SE Singlecut, black cherry. Modded with gold hardware and Wilkinson bridge.
SC4.jpg

2. PRS SE EG, white. Modded with EMG SA's with mid boost control, Planet Waves locking tuners, scratch built pickguard (so I could add the mid boost pot and move the volume pot away from the bridge pup)
PRS_SE_EG2.jpg

PRS_SE_EG3.jpg

3. PRS Santana SE, trans black. Modded with HFS & VB pups, push/pull tone pot for coil split, Phase II tuners, refinished headstock with PRS decal.
DSCN2465.jpg

DSCN2470.jpg

4. PRS SE Singlecut, sunburst. Modded with Floyd Rose tremolo, added 2nd volume pot, push/pull pots for coil splits, nickel pup covers, and refinished headstock with PRS decal.
FR35.jpg

FR36.jpg

SE is on the left, CE24 is on the right
FR34.jpg

During the routing process:
FR11.jpg

FR18.jpg

Right now my two main guitars are an '03 Singlecut goldtop with RP's and a '95 CE24 with a piezo. I'm really liking the ne Tremoti SE Custom that was just released in the UK. Maybe I can snag one soon.

Last edited:
This is my first post here but I was pretty active on BAM and I'm on the other PRS forums.
I don't have any of these SE's anymore and I regret having to part with them (particularly the SE EG and the Floyded Singlecut)

All of them (except the SE EG) were modded with CTS 500k pots, Orange Drop caps, & Switchcraft toggles

1. PRS SE Singlecut, black cherry. Modded with gold hardware and Wilkinson bridge.
SC4.jpg

2. PRS SE EG, white. Modded with EMG SA's with mid boost control, Planet Waves locking tuners, scratch built pickguard (so I could add the mid boost pot and move the volume pot away from the bridge pup)
PRS_SE_EG2.jpg

PRS_SE_EG3.jpg

3. PRS Santana SE, trans black. Modded with HFS & VB pups, push/pull tone pot for coil split, Phase II tuners, refinished headstock with PRS decal.
DSCN2465.jpg

DSCN2470.jpg

4. PRS SE Singlecut, sunburst. Modded with Floyd Rose tremolo, added 2nd volume pot, push/pull pots for coil splits, nickel pup covers, and refinished headstock with PRS decal.
FR35.jpg

FR36.jpg

SE is on the left, CE24 is on the right
FR34.jpg

During the routing process:
FR11.jpg

FR18.jpg

Right now my two main guitars are an '03 Singlecut goldtop with RP's and a '95 CE24 with a piezo. I'm really liking the ne Tremoti SE Custom that was just released in the UK. Maybe I can snag one soon.

Your Singlecut tobacco burst is stunning!

I have a Singlecut with trem that I'm wanting to mod but I'm not sure where to start. I think I really want to try the tremel-no out and new pups as well as some locking tuners but I'm still in the learning process as far as mods go. This site is a great place for some amazing ideas.

I swapped out the pups on my Semi-Hollow body SE for a set of ToneRider AC2 Classics. Andrew Cunningham did a nice job with those. They sound great. They have the Alnico 2 magnets in them, so the sustain is a lot longer than the stronger Alnico's. I haven't split the coils yet. Thinking about that. I tried a test with them using alligator clips/wire to ground them together and see how that sounded. Pretty darn good. But, if I really want that Strat sound, I'll just pick up my Strat and play that for now.

Last edited:
A little Sunday SE action... picked up the matching cab to the 30 head last weekend to round out the rig!

8081064416_e54ebe6dc6_m.jpg

Last edited:
Your Singlecut tobacco burst is stunning!

I have a Singlecut with trem that I'm wanting to mod but I'm not sure where to start. I think I really want to try the tremel-no out and new pups as well as some locking tuners but I'm still in the learning process as far as mods go. This site is a great place for some amazing ideas.

Thanks, I wish I still had it.

I had a Tremol-No on that white SE EG. It worked very well.

I'm a big fan of the Planet Waves locking tuners but you do have to drill a new, small hole for the attachment screw.

I have had the Planet Waves put on 5 guitars now, and soon another one when it comes in.
The Autotrim tuners rock, only downside is the redrilling.

Back