Show your SC-J Thinline!

I don't think I would, no. I would get a cast-aluminum handle for it, though, to lose less wiggle in the flexing of the butterknife. And I'd probably put a Tru-Arc bridge on it.

Any idea how many PRS guitars are out there with Bigsbys on them?

I don't think I would, no. I would get a cast-aluminum handle for it, though, to lose less wiggle in the flexing of the butterknife. And I'd probably put a Tru-Arc bridge on it.

Some S2 Starlas. I had a frost blue one I traded to Howard Leese.

Last edited:

Dunno, but I have a few

2009 Winter NAMM Show.

i-8SjrGkH-X4.jpg

Are they available in 10" radius or just 9.5 and 12?
We can do 10.
Wow, never seen that before. It looks WAAAAY cool! You've actually used one, Proteus?
I"ve been a fan of everything Gamechanger does - always a seemingly daft and laughingly camp-concept idea, then brilliant engineering and exquisite implementation. I pre-ordered the day it was announced, and yep, I have one.

In its just-emulate-a-Bigsby mode, it's dead-on in behavior and very hard to distinguish from the real thing; if you're listening for it, in a solo guitar setting, you can sometimes hear the transition from standard pitch to the pedal's pitch-bent sample. But only sometimes, and after the brief (ms-length) transition, the tone is all your own. The only difference is that your guitar always stays in tune. And in a band context, you'd never hear that slight slur of transition.

Then there's all the other stuff it does: pitch bends up to an octave, up or down, a cyclical vibrato courtesy of a built-in LFO, and the ability to blend the pitch-bent signal with clean signal for subtle dissonances (or, with the vibrato going, a chorus variable by pedal).

You go through a period of adjustment where you cautiously check your guitar's tuning after any move you know would throw it out with a regular Bigsby - then you remember the pedal never touches the string and start whammificabigsbating with abandon. And you never have to think "wish that guitar had a Bigsby" again. Bigsby your 12-string Ric, Bigsby your bass, Bigsby your eeeelectric mandolin, Bigsby everything.

I"ve been a fan of everything Gamechanger does - always a seemingly daft and laughingly camp-concept idea, then brilliant engineering and exquisite implementation.

Went to their website; their sustain pedal seems really cool as well. The idea of incorporating a 'physical' feeling/looking pedal into a....pedal (?) as they have with these two pedals seems brilliant in that there's a fmiliarity and a feedback that I would think will tend to make the pedals feel more like part of the instrument and the playing experience.

Yessir. The first GCA pedal I got was the Plus Pedal; it's an integral part of my big rig now - with its own parallel signal chain w/effects (mostly to get stereo dimension from its drones).

Hi! New here so I guess I can’t post links to pics? Anyway, I own one and it looks just like the first pic love it. I’m also small so having such a large guitar is a hoot. But man does it play. Far more guitar than I deserve, for sure. What does sc-j stand for?

thanks all.
Oz

Hi! New here so I guess I can’t post links to pics? Anyway, I own one and it looks just like the first pic love it. I’m also small so having such a large guitar is a hoot. But man does it play. Far more guitar than I deserve, for sure. What does sc-j stand for?

thanks all.
Oz

If I had to guess it means “Singlecut-jumbo” but that’s just a guess based on their naming syntax.

If I had to guess it means “Singlecut-jumbo” but that’s just a guess based on their naming syntax.
In the words of the great Homer Simpson - “D’OH!”

Thanks. It’s truly a lovely instrument. I’m a life long bassist. YEs, played a little guitar as well, but the guitar has been taking over of late.

Back