Show your PS!

10471261685_0ae097dda1_o.jpg

10471282216_c1bb6eb158_b.jpg
10565831415_eb22f7788b_b.jpg

10565909374_0bec3b877c_b.jpg

Last edited:
Dang, where you been hiding? I love everything about that one- Killer rev chevron quilt top, cool color, Honduran neck, and outline birds. Winner!

Dang, where you been hiding? I love everything about that one- Killer rev chevron quilt top, cool color, Honduran neck, and outline birds. Winner!

love that neck! What is it?

Thanks guys. Actually, I just acquired the guitar a few months ago, and I thought I had posted it here, but it was in the other PRS forum, I guess.

The neck is actually solid one piece Madagascar rosewood, and it imparts that lovely scooped, woody, sort of jazzy-to-my-ears tone, especially with the 53/10 pickups. I was hooked by the color and texture of the quilt, in contrast to the relatively understated, but gorgeous, neck and head stock inlays. The 12th fret neck side dot is actually a tiny circle with a crescent moon, very cool and subtle. I really have not seen such attention to detail in any other guitar produced by a large manufacturer. Even many small custom builders don't get to this level.

I just love browsing this thread looking at all the beautiful instruments posted here. PRS is pretty unique in it's approach to producing a really consistently quality product with beautiful (and to me it really is beauty and art, not just bling) craftsmanship, even with such high production numbers. In fact, the non-PS guitars, of which I have a couple, are really superb, but the PS program puts out such interesting, cool and fun versions. Mine was a retail ordered piece, but was the only Cu24 profile with McCarty thickness body and rosewood neck I had ever come across, and I just love the combination, especially with these pickups.

[I just realized I answered a question directed at another guitar - awkward! I'll leave the post up anyway, since someone might think it's interesting.]

The color was listed as "cerise". Apparantly it was much darker "pink" when new, but faded over a couple of years. I like it better faded, it has more gold overtones and whatnot.

Here is the ad pic for the guitar:

17_11177707_a_lg.jpg

17_11177707_b_lg.jpg

Doesn't look anything like that now!

Last edited:
Back