Show your pedalboard!

I re-assembled my pedalboard with the new wiring underneath, plus swapped the distortion and octave pedal because that just works better. It's pretty spiffy now. Our drummer and I are going to build something new for sure, but this will work for now.

I want to know why Line 6 chooses to use a straight power plug with their power supply instead of an angled plug. The straight one sticks out a good 1/4" more than the angled 1/4" patch cables and if I leave that plugged in, the weight of the board could rest in the case on that one spot and cause a lot of stress. It's just one little thing that would be easy to forget. Although, maybe there's an adapter plug or something I can use. I'll have to look.

2013-04-26221515.jpg

Is anyone using a BBE Supa-Charger with a Pedaltrain board? There are people who claim that the Supa-Charger is a drop-in replacement for the Pedal Power 2 (PP2). However, my Supa-Charger is too big to fit in the mounting space below the board. The IEC 320 C14 power cord inlet is mounted on the outside of the case on the Supa-Charger; therefore, it adds to the depth of the power supply. BBE states that the Supa-Charger is 3.5" deep, but it's deep actually 3.6" deep (the PP2 is 3.4" deep). The mounting space under the board is slightly less than 3.5". I am currently looking for an IEC 320 C14 inlet that has 28.5mm x 20.5mm rear mounting dimensions, so that I can reduce the depth of the power supply without enlarging the IEC inlet opening.

Check my post on page 1 of the thread, the pedalboard on the left is powered by a Supa Charger--it works just fine with the Pedaltrain. I'm waiting to upgrade until I can find a single power supply that handles all my power needs (My Strymons require higher miliamps than standard).

Here is my two
P1020528.jpg

P1020522.jpg

Added an OCD and removed wampler analog echo and replaced it with the new wampler faux echo with tap tempo

In theory, I'd much rather use an all-in-one than individual pedals. I think pedal boards are kind of a PITA.

On that basis, I've tried out several of the all in one deals, and...digital emulations of anything other than delay and some chorus effects just don't work for me. As good as even the Strymon stuff is, it has a "DSP sound" to my ear. I had a TC Nova System and liked the chorus and delay settings, but others, not nearly as much as my analog pedals.

To be fair, there are lots of analog pedals that I don't like the sound of very much, so there's a possibility that I just have tone preferences that have nothing to do with analog vs digital, but I also find that with the gain up in front of an amp, digital hiss becomes a real problem. I'm old school, I don't use effect loops.

Anyway, I still use an old-fashioned pedal board for now. But I'm always looking.... ;)

I do think the TC Nova System is an incredible deal; does more, and is a heck of a lot less pricy at under $400 than the Timeline and Mobius cost together ($900). Whether one likes the TC sound vs the Strymon sound is of course another matter; to me they're pretty comparable. The TC is a tad hissier.

Last edited:
I just did some pedalboard updates over the last couple of days, and thought I'd share. I wanted to add more modulation to the board, most especially chorus, but also a few other things. I've owned both very good analog choruses, and livable digital ones, as well as multi-effects by most of the better builders. What worked best for me after a LOT of listening, experimenting and testing, is the Eventide Mod Factor. It not only has incredible effects and programmability, it's the most analog-sounding.

I am really impressed with it. When I still used a big analog console, I had an H3000 D/SE, and this pedal sounds a lot like it. Which is to say, it's very, very classy sounding.

Finally, to power it and to get rid of my last remaining wall-wart, I added a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power Digital.

I just did some pedalboard updates over the last couple of days, and thought I'd share. I wanted to add more modulation to the board, most especially chorus, but also a few other things. I've owned both very good analog choruses, and livable digital ones, as well as multi-effects by most of the better builders. What worked best for me after a LOT of listening, experimenting and testing, is the Eventide Mod Factor. It not only has incredible effects and programmability, it's the most analog-sounding.

I am really impressed with it. When I still used a big analog console, I had an H3000 D/SE, and this pedal sounds a lot like it. Which is to say, it's very, very classy sounding.

Finally, to power it and to get rid of my last remaining wall-wart, I added a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power Digital.

Really nice board. I would like to try a Plimsoul. The Eventide Factor pedals are great as well.

This thread was too much for me and I just started a board. I purchased a Strymon TimeLine and Mobius yesterday as well as a TC Electronic PolyTune Mini. I have a few other pedals I would like to add but haven't made my purchases and I am still researching what dirt boxes I want. After I get them all in front of me I can figure out what I want to do for a board.

Nice board Les. very clean layout!

Thanks, Mike! It's kind of an evolving home-brew thing. I had a really nice two-tier custom board with all the trimmings, but sold it during my last "all-in'one" effects box go-round.
At some point I'll have another one like that, but for now this works.

Really nice board. I would like to try a Plimsoul. The Eventide Factor pedals are great as well.

This thread was too much for me and I just started a board. I purchased a Strymon TimeLine and Mobius yesterday as well as a TC Electronic PolyTune Mini. I have a few other pedals I would like to add but haven't made my purchases and I am still researching what dirt boxes I want. After I get them all in front of me I can figure out what I want to do for a board.

I really like the Strymon gear, too. I had a tough time deciding what to get. It wasn't a matter of "better," really, I just found stuff that blended well with my needs, some of which are pretty specific to what I do with the guitar. Which is as it should be...

I love the Plimsoul. I have a hard time turning it off. As you can see from the picture, I have it set pretty low, with a decent amount of hi-cut. I use its softer, gooier setting, just a touch of Stage 2. It seems to blend well with the HX/DA, and is quite responsive to the volume control on the guitar, which is how I play. This gives me a sweet "Robin Trower" type of sound with either the Deja Vibe or the Mod Factor, but it also sounds good with moderate gain settings on the amp without the mod pedals.

I like the Fulltone Trower pedal a lot, too. I kind of go back and forth. I'm also an OCD kind of guy, but with the HX/DA it's not as good a match as it was with the Two-Rocks. Then again, there's hardly a Fulltone pedal I don't like, since I'm big on the FDII and Spark. So there's that.

Last edited:
Okay, I found an IEC 320 C14 power cord inlet from Schurter that will rear mount (mounting flange on the inside of the enclosure) into the exising BBE Supa-Charger power inlet hole with minimal modification. The Schurter part number is 6100.3200. The Mouser part number is 693-6100.3200 (http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...=/ha2pyFaduj2usZT9DY/DjxHcuK1QBo53QtDKh1xnn4=). I ordered one of these outlets earlier in the week along with a few other things that I needed. The inlet is a perfect fit width-wise; however, one must remove around 1mm of material total from the top and bottom edges of the power inlet hole in order to be able to rear mount the 6100.3200. I used a small single-cut mill file to remove most of the material and a small half-round needle file to clean up the rounded corners. The BBE Supa-Charger is small enough front-to-back to fit into the power supply space beneath a Pedaltrain pedal board with the new inlet in place. I had to order new black pan head 4-40 screws to mount the new inlet because the screws on the old front-mounting inlet are flat heads. I will post photos of the modified Supa-Charger after I received the screws.

Here's what an umodified Supa-Charger looks like:

The front-mounted (mounting flange on the outside of the enclosure) IEC 320 C14 power inlet makes the Supa-Charger too deep front-to-back to fit in the power supply mounting space below a Pedaltrain pedal board. The Supa-Charger does have one advantage over the Pedal Power 2+; namely, it can be used with 240 VAC in addition 120 VAC.

I don't have a board yet...but I broke down and got some pedals.

I really like to keep it simple. I wanted as few switches and knobs as possible and had a desire for analog. Funny that I ended up with what I did. After pricing delays I felt did the trick the Strymon TimeLine was a no brainer. After carting a bunch of modulation based effects I ended up with a Mobius due to the desire to save space and cash. I also replaced my larger PolyTune with a PolyTune Mini.

I am running the Strymon stuff in the effects loop which is parallel. I am still working on tweaking it for the best sound. I still feel I am getting some tone suck happening on the high end and overall punch.

I would like to add a good reverb, compressor, drive and fuzz to my board in progress. I am hoping I can keep it all on a Pedaltrain Jr. size board.

photo-4.JPG

Been looking at the Timeline and the Mobius recently! Let me know how you like em!

I don't have a board yet...but I broke down and got some pedals.

I really like to keep it simple. I wanted as few switches and knobs as possible and had a desire for analog. Funny that I ended up with what I did. After pricing delays I felt did the trick the Strymon TimeLine was a no brainer. After carting a bunch of modulation based effects I ended up with a Mobius due to the desire to save space and cash. I also replaced my larger PolyTune with a PolyTune Mini.

I am running the Strymon stuff in the effects loop which is parallel. I am still working on tweaking it for the best sound. I still feel I am getting some tone suck happening on the high end and overall punch.

I would like to add a good reverb, compressor, drive and fuzz to my board in progress. I am hoping I can keep it all on a Pedaltrain Jr. size board.

photo-4.JPG

Timeline and Mobius are all you need (aside from some drive pedals)!! Great additions Jesse!

Been looking at the Timeline and the Mobius recently! Let me know how you like em!

Both pedals are quite nice. I really like the layout and build of the Strymon stuff. I really don't think you could go wrong with either. The Mobius doesn't have a Kill Dry feature like the TimeLine does. I imagine it's coming in a future firmware update. The TimeLine looper is 30 seconds which is plenty for my needs but you can't access a number of the features of it unless you have an external controller. That's not really a complaint so much as it is a note to potential buyers. I knew it going in and was fine with it. Other than the Kill Dry on the Mobius I can't really think of anything I'd like to see added. I will sit down in the near future and look into controlling patch changes on both from one pedal. I reckon it can be done. I am a pedal novice so I am learning.

Timeline and Mobius are all you need (aside from some drive pedals)!! Great additions Jesse!

TY sir. I have really been into players like Pete Thorn, Tim Pierce and Brent Mason lately. Between this thread and watching videos of these guys I decided to build a board.

Any drive pedal recommendations? There's just so much variety out there. Pedal option paralysis.

Last edited:
I watched and listened to all the Mobius samples on the Strymon website, and man that thing sounds good. That Line 6 M5 I bought is okay, it packs a lot of punch for $130, but the Mobius might be what I'm really looking for (at 3x the price, sadly).

Last edited:
I watched and listened to all the Mobius samples on the Strymon website, and man that thing sounds good. That Line 6 M5 I bought is okay, it packs a lot of punch for $130, but the Mobius might be what I'm really looking for.

I've been doing lots of research...video watching...on pedals and what people are using. Those Line6 M Series units are everywhere. And I am talking big name guys. Great units from everything I have read.

This is my current configuration:
pedalboard413.jpg

On the board (discreet):
Wireless receiver, EP Boost, Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive, Wilson Haze, Korg Pitch Black Tuner.
In the Looper: Delay 1 (Electro-Harmonix #1 Digital Delay), Delays 2 & 3 (Analog Junk that I like - slapback & short), Boss CE-2 Chorus, MXR EQ
Under the board: 2 Voodoo Labs Pedal Powers
Off the board: Budda Wah, Budda Channel switcher, Bad Cat channel switcher, Fender '63 Reverb Unit & footswitch

Been watching some demos of Malekko stuff. I am digging a few of these pedals.

Any drive pedal recommendations? There's just so much variety out there. Pedal option paralysis.

This is going to sound fanboy-like, but so be it.

I really find that the Plimsoul is addictive. It's very, very musical, not just as a pedal to impress in a shop, but as something you want to use daily and don't grow tired of. It works in a lot of kinds of tracks, and you can do a whole lot of variations with it. The more I use it, the more I like it. The knobs are tweakable, and it sounds great in lots of settings.

Interestingly, I bought my son one (he's been recording 30 seconds to Mars' new album) but he's also a killer player, and he called me to say it's his favorite recording pedal, too. In fact, he uses it not only in front of an amp, but also at a low setting to warm up digital tracks, and it really works in that context. So there's that. The cool thing is that it can sound "soft" like a tube screamer type pedal, or "hard" like an OCD. It's very cool in that way, because some ODs don't mesh well with certain amps, and this one seems to go with most.

I also like the OCD and the Robin Trower ODs a lot, and the Fulldrive II is still a very cool pedal, but so far, I've had nothing that is as versatile as this Plimsoul.

The Mesa pedals are also very interesting and good sounding, at least to my ear. It's hard for me to find OD pedals I like as well as the basic amp OD sound, so that's saying something.

With the HX/DA, I tend to use overdrives more to shape the signal than to add gain per se.

Back