Show your pedalboard!

I guess mine would be close to a half acre :rolleyes:, but I don't gig anymore so I have added a few more pedals recently just to tinker at home with now.

49860495231_a3948ec3f7_h.jpg

It varies from gig to gig, depending on the amp I’m using. Currently, it’s sorta like this:

Snark Tuner pedal
Nocturne El Pescadoro or Ubangi Stomp or Fuzz Ray
Nocturne Mystery Brain
EB volume pedal
Mr Black Deluxe Plus (not used if I’m using a Fender BF/SF Reverb amp)

full

Might have been a while since I posted here, but this is my latest build, an almost all Boss pedalboard. This is my jam-at-home board. I have another smaller board for regular rock'n'roll and mixed Celtic gigs, and a tiny board for the Irish Pub gig we hope to return to, which has zero stage space and I need far fewer "effects" anyway.

I started with Boss back in the early-80s, and frankly they get me the basic tones I want right across the board, with a few specific exceptions, as you can see. I have a few Boss pedals scattered across my other boards, too.

The RT-20 takes up a bit more "vertical" space than a regular Boss pedal, which allowed me to slot in the Echorec and 30ms.

The MXR EVH Phase 90 is there so I can get a nice Gilmour-like phase 90 sound for SOYCD, for example (using the script mode), and other Floydian univibe/phaser sounds. But I can also go to Block (EVH) mode for a more in-your-face phaser. The Boss Phaser is nothing like the MXR (from what I can tell vis YouTube vids), and therefore sounds nothing like what I want for Floydian stuff. My Phase 100 is just not the right tool for those tones either, but it sounds good with bass, so my wife has it on a pedalboard I assembled for her.

cbN9g7U.jpg

Might have been a while since I posted here, but this is my latest build, an almost all Boss pedalboard. This is my jam-at-home board. I have another smaller board for regular rock'n'roll and mixed Celtic gigs, and a tiny board for the Irish Pub gig we hope to return to, which has zero stage space and I need far fewer "effects" anyway.

I started with Boss back in the early-80s, and frankly they get me the basic tones I want right across the board, with a few specific exceptions, as you can see. I have a few Boss pedals scattered across my other boards, too.

The RT-20 takes up a bit more "vertical" space than a regular Boss pedal, which allowed me to slot in the Echorec and 30ms.

The MXR EVH Phase 90 is there so I can get a nice Gilmour-like phase 90 sound for SOYCD, for example (using the script mode), and other Floydian univibe/phaser sounds. But I can also go to Block (EVH) mode for a more in-your-face phaser. The Boss Phaser is nothing like the MXR (from what I can tell vis YouTube vids), and therefore sounds nothing like what I want for Floydian stuff. My Phase 100 is just not the right tool for those tones either, but it sounds good with bass, so my wife has it on a pedalboard I assembled for her.

cbN9g7U.jpg

Wow. That's quite a few Boss FX. How are all of these powered? (I see some types of power sources both up and down...)

Wow. That's quite a few Boss FX. How are all of these powered? (I see some types of power sources both up and down...)
I know the pedal power purists are about to cringe, but I use a single One Spot to power that entire board (there is also a wireless receiver hidden underneath), daisy chained.

All of my boards are powered that way, except my tiny board which has a Pedal-board-specific Li Ion battery (PedalTrain "Volto") underneath, lasts 4 hours or so on a charge.

I know the pedal power purists are about to cringe, but I use a single One Spot to power that entire board (there is also a wireless receiver hidden underneath), daisy chained.

All of my boards are powered that way, except my tiny board which has a Pedal-board-specific Li Ion battery (PedalTrain "Volto") underneath, lasts 4 hours or so on a charge.

Yikes. Any clue on how much amperage draw that is, together? That would be one reason I'd not choose a One-Spot, but to each his own...

Yikes. Any clue on how much amperage draw that is, together? That would be one reason I'd not choose a One-Spot, but to each his own...
Well, I guess the pedals don't draw all that much current, because they are all working just fine. The One Spot supplies 1700 mA. Adding up all the current draw (assuming it is the same whether on or off) of all the Boss pedals, I get just under 500 mA. Other pedals add about 140 mA to that. So even with the wireless receiver (supposedly around 135 mA), I'm under 1000 mA draw. So I feel OK with that. If I had a Strymon or two I might change my mind.

The current draw was calculated using the data from this website:

http://stinkfoot.se/power-list

Added the Flint this past week (and my looper is currently on the floor to the left, as it is awkward to stomp on while on the boar for some reason, it when starting/stopping recording).

Thinking of replacing the chorus with a delay of some sort. I love the pedal, just don't really use it much (and finding that I can get close enough to a chorus sound I like with the Flint's harmonic tremolo at very low speeds/moderate-to-low intensity settings).

iZZZe96.jpg

Well, I guess the pedals don't draw all that much current, because they are all working just fine. The One Spot supplies 1700 mA. Adding up all the current draw (assuming it is the same whether on or off) of all the Boss pedals, I get just under 500 mA. Other pedals add about 140 mA to that. So even with the wireless receiver (supposedly around 135 mA), I'm under 1000 mA draw. So I feel OK with that. If I had a Strymon or two I might change my mind.

The current draw was calculated using the data from this website:

http://stinkfoot.se/power-list

Thanks for that link. With some obscure pedals in recent months, it wasn't always easy trying to locate the correct amperage draw of said effect without going right to the horse's mouth (the builder's instruction manual, or contacting the builder himself).

Since my effects are now sold and are a slowly fading memory, I daresay the website link will be useful if and when any additional effects are added as a part of my HeadRush Gigboard.

In the interim, am waiting for social gathering restrictions to be lifted so our usual open-mic venues can occur again. It may prove difficult to keep distancing in effect until local authorities have given the say-so for groups of more than 50 in public.

Last edited:
@ppacheco1284 , your image isn't showing up - it looks like a "Google User Content" link, so you might have the image set to "private" - it will be visible to you and no-one else.

I made a couple of changes. I swapped the TC Rusty Fuzz for the Carl Martin Purple Moon because I wanted a vibe and a fuzz and I only have 8 loops available. And I swapped the TC Echobrain for the Flashback2X4
VTWa0G5.jpg

Nice! What brand of cables are those? I’m getting a Purple Moon but I could barely fit my cables in the one I tested out.

Nice! What brand of cables are those? I’m getting a Purple Moon but I could barely fit my cables in the one I tested out.
These where the only patchcables I could find for the time being that have a angled Jackplug and a normal Jackplug. I'm going to replace them eventually for some custom made quality cables. For now they will do. It's a cheap brand sold in europe only as far as I know https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/pro-audi...-patch-cable-jack-patch-cables-60-cm-set-of-6

Tell me what you think of the TC Electronics Flashback.

I have the Nova and I'm not loving it as much as I need to.
I don't have that Flashback anymore. now I have a Strymon Time Line in one board and an TC Electronic Alter Ego (the single pedal, it's like a Flash back with vintage delay presets). Can't explain why, but I just love the TC's delays. The Time Line has much more options and it suits me perfect, but there's something in this Flashback/Alter Ego that I found a Tone Print and it's my got to delay sound.

Back