Show your pedalboard!

Thanks again for your insights. Could you describe how one might work with the 4-cable method so as to use an amp with the HR Gigboard?

(IOW, what connections where, and types of cables are used...?)

(IIRC, setting up the global parameter allows for amp or line out use, for best results.)
I couldn't help you in this query because this is not how I use my Gigboard as I prefer using an FRFR for less trouble. However, there are a bunch of information on YouTube. Doc McFarland is one of the authorities on Headrush. He is accessible and I'm sure he will attend to your questions.

w8rmf1j.jpg

My updated pedal collection: (if you can call it that)

L - R B - F

Digitech BP355 for the Bass sent to an Ampeg BA-108
Boss RC-1 Loop Station direct into the effects loop of the Boss Katana 100
Donner Alpha Force (delay, chorus, HiGain Disortion)
Donner Alpha Cruncher (delay, chorus, Distorion)
Donner Alpha Acoustic (reverb, chorus, pre-amp)
Boss EVS-30 Dual Expression Pedal
Boss Katana GA-FC Foot controller

It's cheap but works well for home use. I don't know that I would gig with the donner pedals, but then again, I don't think I will be ever be gigging. The Donners are in series and run direct into the input of the Katana. I don't notice any signal loss or excess noise this way.

I couldn't help you in this query because this is not how I use my Gigboard as I prefer using an FRFR for less trouble. However, there are a bunch of information on YouTube. Doc McFarland is one of the authorities on Headrush. He is accessible and I'm sure he will attend to your questions.

Just what I need, some guy in a white coat...:)

So if I understand the 4-cable method, the guitar instrument cable > HR input, the HR FX send > Amp Instrument input, and the Amp FX send > HR FX return, and the HR Output > Amp FX return.

The instruction seems complicated. Allocating the output of the HR to your headphones instead of the combo speaker might prove beneficial for dealing with late evening practice...

I found this one helpful...

Last edited:
You old sandbagger. Nice board! How do you like the Ego comp? And, how about the Body Rez?

Thanks! The Ego is always on and is a basis for my clean tone. The Golden Horse adds a little color, and the Blue Note, more saturation and overdrive.

The BodyRez has been virtually unused as it sits on the board. I've not tried my A60E with it yet, and have not plugged the FX board straight into my audio interface to hear how it sounds. Guess I've been waiting for a good time to try it.

I think my schedule has prevented me from spending time with practice recently. More like trying to type up documents for printing that has been occupying my time....

My latest board to assemble (which I even bought a new off-brand pedalboard frame for, to get the size I preferred) has been almost all Boss. Finally picked up a TU-3 to complete it:

caITquZ.jpg

Using it as such (specific guitar is "random" - I think the JA-15 was the last played):

RFREAdc.jpg

I use that board/amp combo for rock'n'roll type stuff at home and band practice, and I hope to use it if we start going to a local open mic again (too dang busy with festivals for the next few months, though - the price to pay of being an actual pseudo-professional...)

My latest board to assemble (which I even bought a new off-brand pedalboard frame for, to get the size I preferred) has been almost all Boss.

Love it! I've been very tempted a few times recently to sell my pedals and just go for a classic all Boss setup. Seriously looking at their new 200 series, the delay and modulation specifically. Just wish they'd add reverb to the lineup.

Here’s my latest board, upgraded from my smaller Classic Jr PT to the slightly larger 2 version. The 3 pedals on the right go straight in the front, and the rest go through the loop using the Road Rage pedal switcher. The pedal power 2 hidden underneath powers everything from the power consuming Digitec Luxe, to the 14V high headroom Orange Two Stroke eq/boost. This setup sounds awesome through the Rocker Terror 15!!
Q3YaQN3.jpg

For about the last year:

vdchmICl.jpg

wD1wBXRl.jpg

Tn5lXOzl.jpg

Boss TU-3 >>>
Xotic SP Compressor >>>
NurkDrive (custom mini-EH LPB-1, TS, Rat) >>>
Front of amp >>>
Effects Send >>>
NurkDrive Chorus (custom mini-Boss CE-2) >>>
Eventide Timefactor >>>
EB Vp Jr. >>>
Effects return

Last edited:
Glad this one’s still going, I love stopping in to see what everyone else is doing with pedals and effects :)

Am I allowed to call "dibs" on a pedal??? I love my Wampler stuff, and have been looking for an Underdog...but they're always $5-600... is it really worth that much???

The right side of the Wampler Paisley Drive Deluxe is the Underdog.
They run about $250.00 and you get a second really nice OD on the left side.
The pedal can be set up with either drive first and they stack together very nicely.

...and yes, I speak from experience. It sounds good.

3YUbjFu.jpg

Last edited:
Back