Show your pedalboard!

I've sported a BB Preamp for quite a while, now. It carries over the Marshall tone stack to meld perfectly with my Marshall power stage, when it's called for. Xotic is a fantastic company, too...nice guys at their NAMM booth this year. Highly recommended.

I just ordered a JHS AT and a Wampler Catapulp. Sweetwater is blowing out the Catapulp for only $120 so I had to grab one.

Anybody got any recommendations on a small digital delay pedal? Main requirements for me are tap tempo and a subdivision selector. Stereo in and out are a plus but not necessary.

The TC Electronic Flashback is a great box. Not exactly tap tempo, but you can change the time by holding down the foot switch and tapping your strings.

I just ordered a JHS AT and a Wampler Catapulp. Sweetwater is blowing out the Catapulp for only $120 so I had to grab one.

Anybody got any recommendations on a small digital delay pedal? Main requirements for me are tap tempo and a subdivision selector. Stereo in and out are a plus but not necessary.
Tap tempo usually means two foot-switches, which usually means "not small". How small is small enough for you?

And I'm sure you know this, but TGP will have tons of great info on a vast array of tap-tempo Dig Delays with subdivisions. There is a Wampler Faux Tape Echo, Stryon DIG (Stereo!), Keeley Delay Workstation (which is smaller than it looks)...

Tap tempo usually means two foot-switches, which usually means "not small". How small is small enough for you?

And I'm sure you know this, but TGP will have tons of great info on a vast array of tap-tempo Dig Delays with subdivisions. There is a Wampler Faux Tape Echo, Stryon DIG (Stereo!), Keeley Delay Workstation (which is smaller than it looks)...
I guess small is a bit misleading. I don't mind something a little bigger than a normal stomp box. The big thing for me is simplicity. I had a Timeline and got rid of it because I don't have time to just sit and program different patches. I just want something that is fairly simple to use, where I can just take a minute or so to dial it in and just go to town.

I guess small is a bit misleading. I don't mind something a little bigger than a normal stomp box. The big thing for me is simplicity. I had a Timeline and got rid of it because I don't have time to just sit and program different patches. I just want something that is fairly simple to use, where I can just take a minute or so to dial it in and just go to town.
OK, then the three I mentioned would be ones I would start to look at. I might end up somewhere else, but like you, I don't want to be too involved in "programming". My main delay pedal is a Boss DD-2...

I have no board...but I'm close to needing one.

Right now, I have a Polytune 2, and three MXR pedals (Super Badass Distortion, Carbon Copy Bright, and Analog Chorus) sitting on the floor in front of my amp cabinet.

I need 2 things.

1. One more pedal (and I'm open to suggestions, here).

2. A good board for a set of 5 boxes (again, taking suggestions).

Once I get it built, I'll play show-and-tell.

9la8as9.jpg
Finished mine and now im bored with it, and the amp. I think its time to go digital.

I got on Fulltone's Spam list and picked up one of their blemished Plimsoul pedals. I've hardly played it but so far, it's a big upgrade over the Blues Driver I had on my board that was mostly just filling space and collecting dust.

Also, I am toying with the idea of building a pedal snake from bulk cable. I have 5 cables in four lengths running between my pedal board and amp rig, loosely tied together with velcro straps every few feet. I'm tired of the mess and want to make something really clean and classy.

I ended up grabbing a DD7 from Sweetwater. It looks like it should cover pretty much all the bases I need without killing me on the price. Sound is surprisingly good from the demos I watched.

Also, I am toying with the idea of building a pedal snake from bulk cable. I have 5 cables in four lengths running between my pedal board and amp rig, loosely tied together with velcro straps every few feet.

I've used Techflex braided nylon cable wraps in the past, and probably will again once I finalize the lengths needed in my setup. They make all kinds of braided, flexible cable wraps, for single cables to multiple cables, and even make a center-split split format I'm linking here that's very quick and easy to insert a bundle of cables into.

They're used by lots of studio and touring pros, and I think Lava cable uses the stuff when they make cable snakes. It's available in lots of colors, if you want to color-code your snakes, or just like color. I usually buy gray or black.

https://www.techflex.com/prod_f6n.asp

I got on Fulltone's Spam list and picked up one of their blemished Plimsoul pedals. I've hardly played it but so far, it's a big upgrade over the Blues Driver I had on my board that was mostly just filling space and collecting dust.

Also, I am toying with the idea of building a pedal snake from bulk cable. I have 5 cables in four lengths running between my pedal board and amp rig, loosely tied together with velcro straps every few feet. I'm tired of the mess and want to make something really clean and classy.

I've used Techflex braided nylon cable wraps in the past, and probably will again once I finalize the lengths needed in my setup. They make all kinds of braided, flexible cable wraps, for single cables to multiple cables, and even make a center-split split format I'm linking here that's very quick and easy to insert a bundle of cables into.

They're used by lots of studio and touring pros, and I think Lava cable uses the stuff when they make cable snakes. It's available in lots of colors, if you want to color-code your snakes, or just like color. I usually buy gray or black.

https://www.techflex.com/prod_f6n.asp

Techflex FTW! Love the stuff. I tape up my pedalboard end with electrical tape and leave the rig end loose. Easy to wind up that way. Neat and clean.

So my new pedals arrived over the weekend. The JHS AT is just a fantastic Marshall-y drive pedal that has a huge range of sounds. If you dial it in with a bit of low gain and EQ it just right, you can a really nice Zen Drive/Dumble tone, or you can crank the gain and really get into some high gain.

The Catapulp is nice as well. I've been running an Orange TH30C as my main amp for a while and I must confess, the Catapulp sounds better to my ears than the dirty channel on my orange amp. You can dial the gain pretty low to get older Zeppelin type tones or you can give medium gain a Mastodon/stoner rock vibe, or crank it for a super saturated, almost fuzz-like tone. It's a shame they're discontinuing them.

The DD7 is actually better than I was expecting. I've only owned one Boss pedal early on (a DF-2) that left a bit to be desired. However, this thing sounds great, is really easy to use, and takes up very little space on my board. I will probably end up getting an external footswitch to control the tap tempo just to make it even easier to use.

I've got to rearrange my board, but I'll post up some pictures if I remember.

Back