Show your pedalboard!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John Beef, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan DGT Player

[​IMG]

Basic and full of tone.

2. Bill SAS 513

Bill SAS 513 Just another old guy in a T-shirt

AAhh, Mike...I have almost pulled the trigger many times for the Jetter Grissom...
    I have a couple other Jetters and they absolutely rock...L.E. gold 124 (Dumble) and Split Gold Gain Stage (I think that's what its called??).

#382 Bill SAS 513, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    Mike Duncan likes this.
  3. Tone-y

Tone-y New Member

I've had two RYRA Klones. First one was from eBay, sounded great but wasn't functioning properly, couldn't turn it off! I sent it back and got a new one but it never sounded as good. Then I saw a centura klone at a good price on eBay. Bought it, sold the new RYRA straight away. I use then to boost an overdriven amp. You're missing out of you only ever use them as a clean boost.

I've just got a KSR Ceres today but the eBay gremlins are out to get me again. Just can't get any sound out of it. Lights come on, no output. Seller is being most helpful and Kyle Rhodes is answering his emails offering suggestions but I think it's going to be a no go and return for refund. I just want to play with my new toy!

iLookLikeElvis likes this.
  4. iLookLikeElvis

iLookLikeElvis New Member

I'm still learning to use it, but I am liking it with gain around noon or less, treble around 9am and the output relatively low. It sounds good all clean as well, but I tend to keep my 594's volumes dialed down - and keep my amp's volume a bit higher - so I can get a clean boost just from the volume knobs.

I like its OD sound - smooth and subtle (at the lower settings) and it responds well to pick attack and changes in the guitar's volume. It is just what I was looking for. It plays really nice with my compressor too (before it).

bodia likes this.
  5. Tone-y

Tone-y New Member

They're a really useful pedal. You can use them in many different ways. They should be as ubiquitous as a tube screamer, and indeed they are becoming more popular due to all of the clones out there getting them into people's hands.
    They are great at having gain on zero, and volume on about 11 o'clock for single coils into a clean amp, gives a fuller sparklier sound. People leave them on all the time like this as part of the base sound, and many people never use them any other way. But they are also great with the gain up between 10 o'clock and 2-3 o'clock to push an crunchy overdriven amp over the top. They seem to blend in with the amp better than other pedal so it just sounds like more of your normal sound. Tube screamer colour the sound so much compared to a klon.

iLookLikeElvis likes this.
  6. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan DGT Player

I'm kinda of drive whore/collector...the Grissom has reduced me from five drives on one board down to the one. I really love this pedal. I don't play, can't play, like David, but his taste in gear seems to work for me. Sonic Bloom is the best way to describe the Grissom. I have a Jetter Traindrive (I think that's what it's called, and really like it, but the Grissom just wins the race!

7. iLookLikeElvis

iLookLikeElvis New Member

My wife just took a look at my pedalboard and said "that purple pedal looks out of place with the others being black and gray" (the RYRA is "black cherry" which looks v. purple to me). This is about as close as I will ever get to "oh honey, you really should go out and buy another pedal, one that is sparkly and colorful and awesome and makes you sound like the most rocking of rock stars, bringing joy and delight to all within earshot."

8. Guitpicky

Guitpicky New Member

Thanks for the reply. They are a bit bigger than normal, but that also means I can’t spend money stuffing more pedals on my board. I don’t really know why they’re oversized, but they have a kind of industrial strength theme going and they really are tough as tanks. Maybe they just wanted a bigger canvas for the artwork.

They’ll run on 9v batteries too, but they really shine at 12v :)

Bill SAS 513 likes this.
  9. Wakester

Wakester Re Member

This came in today. Oh Boy! This is going to be fun. Just running through the presets got me thumping and bumping on my Kestrel like a semi-pro.

bodia and Alnus Rubra like this.
  10. CandidPicker

CandidPicker Energized

:)

11. Guitpicky

Guitpicky New Member

I have the Carbon Copy on my pedalboard and it’s a great pedal. I like MXR pedals, nothing fancy but they’re solid well priced pedals that just work :)

Bill SAS 513 and Mike Duncan like this.
  12. Wakester

Wakester Re Member

Changing this up again, new pictures and descriptions on Saturday.

13. Silver Sky Surfer

Silver Sky Surfer Have you seen my baseball?

I owned the RYRA but sold it because I needed a Klone that I could reduce the mids on because my 5e3 has so much mids so I got the tumnus deluxe since it has a mid control. I have played or owned most Klones out there and have played two actual klons and the two that sounded the closest to a real klon were the KTR and the RYRA. I actually prefer the RYRA to the KTR.

14. Tahlee

Tahlee Tollywood Rhode Island

Hey Bill, how do you like the Jetter 124? Thanks!

I think that will be my next pedal. I was looking at the Grissom pedal videos and then I watched some of the 124 videos, and they seem like great pedals.

15. Bill SAS 513

Bill SAS 513 Just another old guy in a T-shirt

It's currently my favorite...b/w that and the Mad Professor Golden Cello, and the Mojo Hand DMBL (moreso their "Extra Special")…All great crunches!!!
    Of course, I don't have a Jetter Grissom...yet... ;)

Tahlee likes this.
  16. Tahlee

Thanks, Bill. I appreciate it. Although, I really didn’t need you to put more pedals on my radar. Hahahaha. :D

Alnus Rubra and Bill SAS 513 like this.
  17. Wakester

Wakester Re Member

[​IMG]

Took out the 3 Donner Multi Pedals (for now) and added a new to me, Boss AD-10 Acoustic Pre-Amp. re arranged the floor a bit to fit in the Boss GT-6B Bass Multi Pedal. THe issue I have now, is I want to be able to leave the AD-10 plugged into the amp and be able to keep the electrics plugged in too. That way I can lay down an acoustic track then play over it with a corresponding solo or lead from an electric.

aphantomvaper, Alnus Rubra and bodia like this.
  18. Davey

Davey Just Jammin'

Updated, no new pedals, just pedalboard.
    Took a stab at a homemade one with some leftover scrap hemlock from my downstairs remodel a while back. Didn't turn out too terrible. Might do another one after using this one for a while and incorporate any alterations or upgrades.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#398 Davey, Jul 14, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  19. Tony M.

Tony M. New Member

You did a very nice job on that.

Davey likes this.
  20. Tahlee

No, it didn’t turn out terrible at all, Davey. Well done.

Davey likes this.