Show your pedalboard!

Wow. Nobody runs an EQ? HUH I think you're missing out. I always ran an EQ pedal. Boss was always great. I traded all my stuff when I got clean and sober I just play at home now days with a multi effect pedal. seems fine for me anymore. But still why no EQ's?

I use a HeadRush Gigboard that provides an option for EQ, and always put one towards the beginning of the signal path, be it graphic or parametric EQ.

Yeah, cool
Welcome to the forum.

That’s a good question. I’ve never actually even considered one. I just adjust the amp’s tone controls.

Yeah so when I would play in bars and clubs the acoustics would change from place to place. A larger room I would add more bass and a smaller place not so much. or maybe the bass and drums are just pounding one night and my solos just cant reach out and up over them so EQ boost its like a shot of nitro just a little bit will do ya. One thing for sure is when your on stage your guitar can sound amazing, but out in the middle of the room its ear piercing and not good. EQ can help especially in those moments. Or say you have a sound guy and your running through a PA and you need a little more but the sound dude is saying no .... you just punch in a little moreI liked having the control.

But I was a tone Freak. It had to sound just right or I was going to have an off night. and I am not even that great of a guitar player. But sound mattered to me. EQ was a well worth it pedal on my board.

But we all have our own unique way of playing so please I'm not trying to lecture here. I'm just sayin...

I use a HeadRush Gigboard that provides an option for EQ, and always put one towards the beginning of the signal path, be it graphic or parametric EQ.

Nice I did have a Boss Parametric EQ but someone ripped it off. Also that night they took my Squire Strat when I was playing on stage at a night club. Then I used a Boss Graphic EQ, Which was my go to from then on. Helped me, at least my ears could hear the difference and that was enough. God I'm getting old.. thinking about those days and how long ago it's been. like 20-25 years ago. LOL

Nice I did have a Boss Parametric EQ but someone ripped it off. Also that night they took my Squire Strat when I was playing on stage at a night club. Then I used a Boss Graphic EQ, Which was my go to from then on. Helped me, at least my ears could hear the difference and that was enough. God I'm getting old.. thinking about those days and how long ago it's been. like 20-25 years ago. LOL

Sorry to hear of the thefts. The Boss Graphic 7-Band EQ is fast becoming a choice effect for tone-shaping. Don't own several boutique amps? The EQ effect can approximate the tone structure of almost whatever amp you might need. Thinking that an EQ would replicate most any EL-84 or 6L6 type amp one might think of.

When I ordered my Gigboard, I was somewhat skeptical that the device could effectively recreate most choice amps without sounding too digital. I was wrong. The 24-bit system is now compatible with the Mac Catalina OS and offers 2 separate types of EQ; graphic and parametric. The graphic EQ does enough to tame the guitar signal from the beginning, but might be used after the amp model for a higher level of frequency control.

I've not tried this yet, but will try to contact HeadRush's tech support and ask them if this would work.

Anyone else here have Orange pedals?

When I built my pedal board it was a new venture for me and I was lost in a sea of different brands and marketing claims. I really liked my Orange Rocker 15 and Adrian Emsley’s design philosophy from interviews I’d seen so I decided to check out 3 of their pedals. They’re not exactly compact pedals but they’re tough as nails, look cool and got great reviews.

I got the Two Stroke EQ, Kongpressor, and Fur Coat fuzz pedals and I’ve been really happy with all of them. The Two Stroke is my favorite and most used pedal, and the Kongpressor a close second. What’s nice about them is the adjustability, you can pretty much dial anything in or out. The other thing I like is you can run them at 12 volts, it’s like injecting them with steroids.

No affiliation or anything, I’m just curious if anyone else here has tried their pedals and their overall popularity. There’s a dizzying array out there and the choices I made were only a step above eeny, meeny, miny, moe, but I feel like I did pretty well :)

I just ordered a RYRA Klone to replace my Rat. The Rat is fine but too edgy for my style - I only use it at the lowest gain settings. So, swapping for a proper overdrive. Then I think my board will be just right (at least until my turn for a King of Tone comes around in 3 years!).

Anyone else here have Orange pedals?
:)

I haven't tried them, but the do look pretty cool...a bit oversized, but if they sound right to you, Enjoy.
I've been in a bit of a buying freeze lately, just glad I'm still working, and things are starting to come around.
So, Can they run on a 9V battery, or power source, only??

I just ordered a RYRA Klone to replace my Rat. The Rat is fine but too edgy for my style - I only use it at the lowest gain settings. So, swapping for a proper overdrive. Then I think my board will be just right (at least until my turn for a King of Tone comes around in 3 years!).
I loved my RYRA Klone

I loved my RYRA Klone

Have you compared it to any of the other Klones? Just curious as I remember seeing these a lot online for a while when Riff City was their main dealer and they seemed to have a great reputation. Seems like the Mythos Klone (Mjolnir) gets the love now.

Have you compared it to any of the other Klones? Just curious as I remember seeing these a lot online for a while when Riff City was their main dealer and they seemed to have a great reputation. Seems like the Mythos Klone (Mjolnir) gets the love now.
I have not. It was a really nice pedal though. I'm not much of a Klon sniffer, so I can't say how close it comes. As usual, Pete Thorn sold me on it!

I have not. It was a really nice pedal though. I'm not much of a Klon sniffer, so I can't say how close it comes. As usual, Pete Thorn sold me on it!

If you keep uploading things like this, I’m gonna need a sugar mummy!

Bought this off of Reverb to go with my Kestrel. These older Boss Multi's were built like tanks and have lots of flexibility when it comes to making and adjusting tones. This will be replacing my DigiTech BP series multi pedal.

ZqGDD7i.jpg

Wow. I feel so out in left field but I just picked up a used Digitech Rp360. I have to tell you this thing absolutely gets this Silver Sky talking more appropriately. I love Digitech stuff. I use to have a Digitech digital Delay that was amazing. Anyway Lots of sweet pedal boards.

LOL re "Klon sniffer"!! Actually LOL!

I'm still waiting for the RYRA to arrive. I've no attachment to Klon(e)s, just wanted a mild to moderate OD and this sounds good in the demos I managed to hear, so giving it a go.

Wow. I feel so out in left field but I just picked up a used Digitech Rp360. I have to tell you this thing absolutely gets this Silver Sky talking more appropriately. I love Digitech stuff. I use to have a Digitech digital Delay that was amazing. Anyway Lots of sweet pedal boards.
Don't get me wrong, I've been a Digitech fan for eons. I like the tones and emmulators that they pack into the BP and RP pedals, but the cases just seem a little toyish in comparison to the Boss pedals. I like to change things up from time to time as well, so I'm giving the Boss a try.

LOL re "Klon sniffer"!! Actually LOL!

I'm still waiting for the RYRA to arrive. I've no attachment to Klon(e)s, just wanted a mild to moderate OD and this sounds good in the demos I managed to hear, so giving it a go.

I'm late to the party on the Klon/Klone thing but have really started to like them with single coils as a clean boost. They really fill out the sound nicely.

Back