Show your pedalboard!

bpRpfGI.jpg
Nice setup.

I suffer from tinnitus, (combination of jet engines and loud azz 70's rock) so I try to protect my hearing as much as possible

I've the same condition (because of allergies and fluid in the ear), so I remember my allergy (and blood pressure) meds because that seems to help with the tinnitus.

Tinnitus is often a perceived condition also caused by calcite crystals in the inner ear canals. Taking certain vitamin supplements that will dissolve or mitigate the crystals will help.

IIRC, both magnesium and zinc supplements will modestly help with advanced tinnitus.

Hearing loss is often pre-evidenced by tinnitus. Only way to prevent hearing loss is to protect the ears with earplugs.

I've the same condition (because of allergies and fluid in the ear), so I remember my allergy (and blood pressure) meds because that seems to help with the tinnitus.

Tinnitus is often a perceived condition also caused by calcite crystals in the inner ear canals. Taking certain vitamin supplements that will dissolve or mitigate the crystals will help.

IIRC, both magnesium and zinc supplements will modestly help with advanced tinnitus.

Hearing loss is often pre-evidenced by tinnitus. Only way to prevent hearing loss is to protect the ears with earplugs.
Yes Double ear protection(ear plugs and muffs) against Prat and Whitney and GE engines for over 30 years took its toll. The Docs said nothing can be done. So I have a tendency to rock out too much, hence the meter and of course The dB meter I've been married to for over 35 years always telling me to turn it down, keeps me in check

Yes Double ear protection(ear plugs and muffs) against Prat and Whitney and GE engines for over 30 years took its toll. The Docs said nothing can be done. So I have a tendency to rock out too much, hence the meter and of course The dB meter I've been married to for over 35 years always telling me to turn it down, keeps me in check

Well, TBH, the ear protection will save what you have remaining, but it won't restore what's already gone.

Even I have a tough time wearing headphones for any length of time because, well, the original Princess Leia look doesn't look good on me. Even the mic I use for FT begins to look like a meatball, so there's that...

Another update - I sold my Analogman Chorus and replaced it with the El Capistan, which is a cool little pedal.

At some point I'd like to change out the Rat - it is ok but I only really use it at very low distortion levels, so I'll likely switch to an overdrive of some sort. I love the compressor but I only use the left side, so it takes up a ton of space. Not sure what I'll do there just yet, maybe look for one with a smaller footprint.

Note to self: don't buy pedals with side jacks...

KwdWmEe.jpg

Wow. Nobody runs an EQ? HUH I think you're missing out. I always ran an EQ pedal. Boss was always great. I traded all my stuff when I got clean and sober I just play at home now days with a multi effect pedal. seems fine for me anymore. But still why no EQ's?

Wow. Nobody runs an EQ? HUH I think you're missing out. I always ran an EQ pedal. Boss was always great. I traded all my stuff when I got clean and sober I just play at home now days with a multi effect pedal. seems fine for me anymore. But still why no EQ's?

Welcome to the forum.

That’s a good question. I’ve never actually even considered one. I just adjust the amp’s tone controls.

I use an EQ for my basses more than my guitars (Barber Linden pedal, Sadowsky Pre-amp pedal, etc...)...
to boost lows and highs, etc...Could probably do the same with the on-board knobs, but where's the fun in that??!!??:D;)

My Mesa Boogie Mark 5/35 has an EQ on the panel. I leave that amp at our drummer’s house. To be honest, my bass player adjusted it for the space while I played. He has a really good ear so I’m always open to his opinion.

I've got an Express 5:50 also with the separate EQ. I set the main tone controls for how I want my 594 to sound, and I enable the EQ when I'm using my Strat to dial in what prefer there. That covers me pretty well.

Back