Show your pedal boards here!

I recently attended a photography class at Sergio's College of Bigfoot Photography and snapped this photo using the superior skills and techniques I picked up there.

This is kind of a "before" shot. I have some plans.

20161231_082505.jpg

Can't believe I never posted an after shot?

20170311_213151.jpg

It's actually a little different than that now.

Can anyone suggest how to upload pictures here please?

You have to host them from a third party photo site like Imgur or Flickr (Photobucket now charges a monthly fee). You upload your pics to that location, then you can insert them from there into your post. Some people grab the BBCode (on Imgur it's an option you select when viewing your pics) and then use the image button in the tool bar to insert. it's the one that looks like a mountain. Me, I just open the pic in Imgur right click inside my pic and select copy. Then I go to the post I'm typing up and right click paste into my post.

I've seen that PhotoBucket is blocking some images on forums. I just got an imgur account, so here's an updated version of my pedal board. The latest addition is the Strymon Flint.

mMz6ErN.jpg

And here's the undercarriage of the board:

NTcU5Hb.jpg

A very tidy installation, and therefore, Les-Approved! ;)

I read somewhere that a lot of players, after going thru pedal after pedal, always wind up with an el Capistan...well count me in. Bought mine, yesterday, at the Arlington Guitar Show. Both the Keeley Mag Echo and Aurora have been sold. One thing: The onboard spring reverb emulation is 'off' by default, so you need to go into the secondary function mode to get that enabled just in case you weren't aware of this setting. The settings you see are based on Grissom's live rig. But still need to work thru the sample settings on pg7 of the manual. (The compressor is 'this close' to being uninstalled but not sold).

MeGQy4d.jpg

I read somewhere that a lot of players, after going thru pedal after pedal, always wind up with an el Capistan...well count me in. Bought mine, yesterday, at the Arlington Guitar Show. Both the Keeley Mag Echo and Aurora have been sold. One thing: The onboard spring reverb emulation is 'off' by default, so you need to go into the secondary function mode to get that enabled just in case you weren't aware of this setting. The settings you see are based on Grissom's live rig. But still need to work thru the sample settings on pg7 of the manual. (The compressor is 'this close' to being uninstalled but not sold).

MeGQy4d.jpg

Dig that! I settled on the El Cap as well, and like it for the most part. Perhaps a little too adjustable for me considering the complexity of the secondary controls, but I just try to set them and leave them be, including a mild-moderate dose of the reverb you mentioned to fill the sound out. What are you running on the toggle switches? I'm mostly on B mode with the "multi head" position, I like having the offset timed delays. In truth, I would like to have a quarter/dotted 8th mode like my Flashback, just makes more sense to me than recalling antiquated functionality that I've never encountered... because I can't recall something I've never used! But, that's strictly my feeling on it, this pedal is meant to be as close to a tape unit as possible, short of actually having tape in it, so in that regard it does the job. And it sounds good. Wish I would've tried the Wampler Faux Tape Echo as well, functionally I think it would've been better for me, not sure how the tone would compare although I do love Wampler. Speaking of, props to you for the Wampler gear. I've wanted to try that Hot Wired, as well as the Paisley sig and Dual Fusion. I have some of their other OD's and love 'em.

Tape Head=Fixed, Mode=B. I did go thru the Secondary Settings and using the manual(Page 3) as a reference, and made sure the 'factory defaults' were set, ex., Tape Bias=Optimum @9:00. I don't use any of the advanced tapping features, too spastic to control those. Just needed a Spring Reverb and Tape Echo in one pedal.

Speaking of, props to you for the Wampler gear. I've wanted to try that Hot Wired, as well as the Paisley sig and Dual Fusion.

Speaking of those, I sold my Paisley a month ago and just sold (tonight) the Hot Wired~! Getting a Strymon Sunset Dual Overdrive to replace it. Bottom line, both the Keeley(Chorus) and Wampler(Compresser) pedals will be removed to get them out of the signal chain(since they are rarely used) and just down to the Tuner and the pair of Strymon pedals into the amps.

Speaking of those, I sold my Paisley a month ago and just sold (tonight) the Hot Wired~! Getting a Strymon Sunset Dual Overdrive to replace it. Bottom line, both the Keeley(Chorus) and Wampler(Compresser) pedals will be removed to get them out of the signal chain(since they are rarely used) and just down to the Tuner and the pair of Strymon pedals into the amps.

Well, I guess I can gather what you thought of those pedals!

Really, if you're like me, many times they sound good but eventually you just stumble on something even better. I'm such a drive pedal whore, I've got a nice cabinet full of them but I still get the itch when something comes out that fills a space that I didn't even know I had.

I also had a chorus for a while - liked it, didn't love it, and have never bonded with compressors period. I would like the increased sustain but they always put too much pop on my note attack, and always in the wrong places - when I want sustain it's usually on a more sparse, ambient part that needs to have a gentle, drawn out flow to it, and having each note jump up and b*tch slap my ears when I'm trying to do that just doesn't work.

Well, I guess I can gather what you thought of those pedals!

Really, if you're like me, many times they sound good but eventually you just stumble on something even better. I'm such a drive pedal whore, I've got a nice cabinet full of them but I still get the itch when something comes out that fills a space that I didn't even know I had.

I also had a chorus for a while - liked it, didn't love it, and have never bonded with compressors period. I would like the increased sustain but they always put too much pop on my note attack, and always in the wrong places - when I want sustain it's usually on a more sparse, ambient part that needs to have a gentle, drawn out flow to it, and having each note jump up and b*tch slap my ears when I'm trying to do that just doesn't work.

The Hot Wired v2 is a rad pedal. I had one for a couple of years. Wish I wouldn't have sold it.

have never bonded with compressors period. I would like the increased sustain but they always put too much pop on my note attack, and always in the wrong places - when I want sustain it's usually on a more sparse, ambient part that needs to have a gentle, drawn out flow to it, and having each note jump up and b*tch slap my ears when I'm trying to do that just doesn't work.

There are compressors that allow you to adjust the attack, that don’t do that.

That Flint is hot too.

After years of this tremolo pedal and that reverb pedal...this one pedal has, for my ears, the best emulations of the those types I've been looking for. Yeah, it ain't cheap, BUT, three different modes for both reverb and tremolo in one box? I've got two amp heads(Lonestar and DG30) that have spring reverb, but they are very limited: one knob. And my HXDA has none. The Tremolo is a bonus; very classic sounds.

I finally found time to give a pedal board a go. I've got hair and ground loops to work out, but here's my current setup. Power is from a Voodoo Labs 4x4 underneath.

IMG_0184.jpg

This project has made me realize several things:

1) I want a GigRig G2.
2) I suck at making cables.
3) I really suck at making cables.
4) I need another PRS guitar.
5) I need a PRS amp.
6) Sausage.
7) Ditka.

Enjoy.

I finally found time to give a pedal board a go. I've got hair and ground loops to work out, but here's my current setup. Power is from a Voodoo Labs 4x4 underneath.

IMG_0184.jpg

1) I want a GigRig G2.
5) I need a PRS amp.
6) Sausage.
7) Ditka.

Enjoy.

Sauzzzeeeege!

After years of this tremolo pedal and that reverb pedal...this one pedal has, for my ears, the best emulations of the those types I've been looking for. Yeah, it ain't cheap, BUT, three different modes for both reverb and tremolo in one box...
Yep! Even with my live rig, the Flint had to be part of it, despite the extra assembly. The Kemper has nothing that compares to the harmonic tremolo.
gig9-2017-2.jpg

I’d love a Big Sky, though I’m not sure how I’d use it live in a cover band. It sounds so darned good! But I’m down to the basics...2 dirt boxes, El Cap, Flint, tuner. It is perfect.

IMG_0184.jpg

1) I want a GigRig G2.
5) I need a PRS amp.
6) Sausage.
7) Ditka.

Enjoy.

Nice board, and loved your conclusions at the end! Got a good chuckle out of realizing I feel exactly the same way, including the sausage! In fact, I got so sick of making crappy cables, I had Lava make them for me for my current board. And of course, most wouldn’t work with a G2, I’d have to also get a new board, and I still might do it.

Though I’m stuck with low-fat turkey or chicken sausage at this point.

Nice board, and loved your conclusions at the end! Got a good chuckle out of realizing I feel exactly the same way, including the sausage! In fact, I got so sick of making crappy cables, I had Lava make them for me for my current board. And of course, most wouldn’t work with a G2, I’d have to also get a new board, and I still might do it.

Though I’m stuck with low-fat turkey or chicken sausage at this point.
How did you have Lava make your cables?

Back