Show your pedal boards here!

Nice boards everyone. I kinda scaled mine back a bit for summer concert season. Big board is better in the studio. Still versatile though.

4tlds8.jpg

Nice boards everyone. I kinda scaled mine back a bit for summer concert season. Big board is better in the studio. Still versatile though.

4tlds8.jpg

Very nice rig, Mr. PRS Rocker! You get the Les Seal of Approval!

Here's the latest version of my board. The Fuzz is interchangeable, depending on the gig. But everything else stays pretty much the same:

13532011_144093959330155_207288620_n.jpg

Suhweet!

And I recognize a fellow pedal ho when I see one... ;)

That is the perfect name. For me, not him (though it's really an effectionate term). Ok, really, that's all of us.

Pretty much, yeah.

I was just wiring up yet another iteration of my board for an added switcher, when I realized it was 100% necessary to have Lava make a couple more custom interconnects for the board with the Van den Hul cables I've been using for all the other connections.

"So everything stays consistent in the signal path, Les?"

"Uh...well...I...uh...well...that and...um...I want the cables to...er....match..." :p

image.jpg

Took that on my lunch break. Yeah I had to sneak home and get a little jam time in. As you can see I'm an EHX junkie. I had to take off my crybaby cause it's on it's last legs sadly, I'll fix it, or just buy a new one since I've had it running hard since 96

Nice stuff, guys!

Here's my "work in progress;" I've taken a TC Electronic Polytune II off the board, and re-installed my Peterson. I like working with it a bit more.

Also new is the Little Lehle II. It's a simple true bypass loop switcher, and what I like is that it's small and switches silently. Switching flexibility is as important to my work in the studio as are effects, and the Lehle stuff is as good as it gets.

I installed it to be able to interface with "off the board" effects I need for particular sessions, such as my tape echo, and send them to all three amps. I'm waiting for a couple of Van den Hul cables to be made to hook it up in this setup. So it isn't yet connected. The cable between the H9 and the blue switch box is temporary.

Last edited:
I just received a new demo pedal that demands that my canvas be wiped clean. And practice is in 3 hours. Simplify? Diversify? Or add another color to the pallate? Wait, now I need a bigger pallate! Crap!

I just received a new demo pedal that demands that my canvas be wiped clean. And practice is in 3 hours. Simplify? Diversify? Or add another color to the pallate? Wait, now I need a bigger pallate! Crap!
I built my own out of spare hardwood flooring and 1x4s I had laying around. If you don't have spare hardwood flooring laying around, a box of hardwood flooring from Home Depot will be enough to built the biggest pedal board you can imagine... And cheaper than anything you can find commercially. You also get to make it your own custom size, and it will look nice.

I built my own out of spare hardwood flooring and 1x4s I had laying around. If you don't have spare hardwood flooring laying around, a box of hardwood flooring from Home Depot will be enough to built the biggest pedal board you can imagine... And cheaper than anything you can find commercially. You also get to make it your own custom size, and it will look nice.
I appreciate the suggestion! Yeah, I love projects like that and I'm probably going to do something similar soon.

In the mean time, this is what the reorganization looks like just before it's buttoned-up and hauled to practice. It's Prog Rock Practice Saturday!!
pedalboardprogrock.jpg

I finally built what I call a "Grissom rig" where I have a clean amp with pedals in front of it. I just have the pedals on the amp since I am a condo player. I will take some pictures and circle back around in a bit.

Mine is always a work in progress on purpose... I don't gig so it changes studio project to studio project. If I were to take a picture of it now, it's empty... a blank canvas waiting for a creation... ;)

Excellent!

Back with a few photos. I've had a bunch of pedals, but ended up letting them all go when I moved into the condo. I've been adding things here and there. I will probably pick up a few more things this year if I ever stop buying guitars.

The new and less sizeable fort.
Ir3f-94Y96pQcrMzPRg9v-cH7yHexoJ2feHgIZNxp9mueYnhs_Goz2E4batPM9XAmoUWb3yAye07bf6yVFpZqujY2yqQGgOoWPlamJDhKI5PL1Qy7dsHFohPqmJqKdUDeYbKUBBOuNN4WuGkqf-ttlgyQw6CqYKVIJKgbP-8sYZIAy2ZbayhgSaIKHC6qXobndYyQYMTM-WZhsK00nzxFQPV-Xz4aEIXBP_UtyyHrNwY9HQfZDmWem8ekzKE-2PwyHHbaNL33vFnFxdMgidB76LV748z5XPHfLRoJrGzIumPRrXPhRVUdd3E8-18Lk22q8HPNM6boOpM9VadzXwDhJHJibyd55fHtHvAN0bmU_LMCIqlf5N399kFR_VK2uNkM9x7eyEi2FfSGalHMwCNdB2RvMCIJq_myC27s0ynHV6WmL8Y-rFij7Y85vh1QXdPkL8p6xuRHMJq8PUZvtsVttoNtYO3XFYTiui_8TppDxr_I9CHgSOYLQQZnj-9WIWuZWbaeDZs-eR4dZZhXkWg8Ag5lzHmWs5tmPNFeoGIfb51GcvD5r7gST9kLkOIRVNQUnVabjKO6gsK9PJFRqS9AnU6P3wOzWut=w860-h645-no

Got rid of the big amps in favor of some smaller ones.
wTEgxkxINBBIR1QRg8o7oUTzWH9lDekpBmuSLSYlrmLtrtWwKrDBQwabYMhipMdW8gy_8oDxYY8vnV1LC7twGFyAXXReF0FYjKCizjgfXuIvfHHVy7lcrXPz76opjhAXRQ7B-ZF4_8lMDRGJGPA-zdt96TG4YIfrC7AMkLf6giKGrb91iVZKUAg3cFhGIbHXYRKazs9AJnNAQJKx3HG8ugcEFm1ojRbnPzwlzrUM0sddyUOZRCBjFj7PJzdScK3OJJ9s36wVERsuNGtdPBxakc2lmVvKrsWqLfbgMlmj9zSyY9WTBV0PrtOQYtMV3t8m8d372DRfws6to31yVKrj5n5YbRXpa2dEor2XcTRUaoap13qmehOMC0xSSWwxiZEVkeDcQJMm4yJyw4XIQCfULRmL_Wcv-Wp2fr4Wvefzie9ayfcz7ne5puwTxsp9UGLXZDeavJsH2ComUKNrdCqFXid4owb9MzI74VCCe5gxVNLHTMQd2RQyzN_wQvfcFe-UofukkCJe3p9pAfD3Ee56ZA527U5t4Y-C71xDxhkhlux-TEOS5QTjp6DONjg2KoMsp5EZ5g2gkw2d9e9BJXLultx1yLjW2B4f=w860-h645-no

I don't gig so it's easy for me to just leave the pedals on the amp and switch them out as I want. The pedals are only used with the clean combo. I do, however, use the Two Notes in the effects loop of the heads to get them into my DAW. I should also note that I play at low volumes, which you can probably discern from the knobs. No knobs were altered in the photo shoot. Stuff reacts and/or sounds differently at lower volumes, so I want to make sure I point out my volume levels before I talk about how a pedal sounds.
OGVUrNVdlGMMis27FrpgoqHjf2hTOCQrrkxKFGiid7fJuTquBqpJrhy2k7fSP-_MS5p-yy4NeBPvQWU88q9NtpovdQ8HtE8Xd6_VOeDodc6grnnkAPA-qeHgdJ8xq_uw8pfJCcHCgdOJPKukB1Vt-q8Ig7Yd5q7Q--Mrt7YO2S0GC94KlOeu7cC75pkS_bEDkdt-4PkVgLseBr3MCRJWFgZt8zr2D56wjf2Rs-N5CQGMFDPCpjrQu5DbuEHbg2SH9Te0OZz5FI6yGktNGi-n6RZGsv-ocrZg7qIlXYCLJt_28qwT42UN_EHEKMhuhD2hSZ3sLvqueJy-_NHRr1LQwlPe4Z7LQK_6lCbargT4BfKoveWHlEmubbH86CV4waLMvhceiXzewKamyeSjW9nfPogBiwCTwFJFHeUtwEl98RA80AXQ9v4UaBhmaTNSEWbtIvXtiQ8L0mqYv_cMHuxipFlkxbR7uvfsNS4ZVt1CW25M7b5b32pxvg_ikIYl5AA-hNraIPmFvMssg-oJxTEdIkzOxYJMdVRZVMIJoWwkHhlYF4UYdBWtH_tiuCvUZqxOkswQKOQMl_B8wqaBmtFhYcIkS_Vt27V3=w860-h645-no

Left to right.

Strymon Ojai (power) - I love the size and power output of this thing.

JHS Panther Cub v1.5 (analog delay) - I wanted a set it and leave it delay that was still full featured. I went with this primarily because it was the JHS offering for the category. I dig their vibe due to the warranties and the fact they are also based in Missouri.

JHS AT (drive) - This is the Andy Timmons signature pedal from JHS. It's crazy good and highly recommended if you seek a nice dirt box that's warm and airy.

Two Notes Torpedo C.A.B. - This lets me use my pedals and amps right into my interface. The Two Notes stuff is a life savor for those that want the feature set.

Vertex Effects Dynamic Distortion - I heard some demos of this and ordered one the moment I saw them available. It's quite flexible and is the only dirt pedal I used that I'd say is, and I am trying to avoid saying transparent here, but...transparent. It doesn't sound or feel like I engaged a pedal. It sounds and feels like I engaged amp gain. The amp still has the raw sparkle and punch. If I gigged I think I'd have two of these. One configured for just a hint of breakup and another for my gain.

Vertex Effects Boost - Just like the Dynamic Distortion above, except this is a boost. It's a bit pricey when you start looking at other options out there, but I'd say this has it's own vibe and it's the one preferred when trying out boosts.

Back with a few photos. I've had a bunch of pedals, but ended up letting them all go when I moved into the condo. I've been adding things here and there. I will probably pick up a few more things this year if I ever stop buying guitars.

The new and less sizeable fort.
Ir3f-94Y96pQcrMzPRg9v-cH7yHexoJ2feHgIZNxp9mueYnhs_Goz2E4batPM9XAmoUWb3yAye07bf6yVFpZqujY2yqQGgOoWPlamJDhKI5PL1Qy7dsHFohPqmJqKdUDeYbKUBBOuNN4WuGkqf-ttlgyQw6CqYKVIJKgbP-8sYZIAy2ZbayhgSaIKHC6qXobndYyQYMTM-WZhsK00nzxFQPV-Xz4aEIXBP_UtyyHrNwY9HQfZDmWem8ekzKE-2PwyHHbaNL33vFnFxdMgidB76LV748z5XPHfLRoJrGzIumPRrXPhRVUdd3E8-18Lk22q8HPNM6boOpM9VadzXwDhJHJibyd55fHtHvAN0bmU_LMCIqlf5N399kFR_VK2uNkM9x7eyEi2FfSGalHMwCNdB2RvMCIJq_myC27s0ynHV6WmL8Y-rFij7Y85vh1QXdPkL8p6xuRHMJq8PUZvtsVttoNtYO3XFYTiui_8TppDxr_I9CHgSOYLQQZnj-9WIWuZWbaeDZs-eR4dZZhXkWg8Ag5lzHmWs5tmPNFeoGIfb51GcvD5r7gST9kLkOIRVNQUnVabjKO6gsK9PJFRqS9AnU6P3wOzWut=w860-h645-no

Got rid of the big amps in favor of some smaller ones.
wTEgxkxINBBIR1QRg8o7oUTzWH9lDekpBmuSLSYlrmLtrtWwKrDBQwabYMhipMdW8gy_8oDxYY8vnV1LC7twGFyAXXReF0FYjKCizjgfXuIvfHHVy7lcrXPz76opjhAXRQ7B-ZF4_8lMDRGJGPA-zdt96TG4YIfrC7AMkLf6giKGrb91iVZKUAg3cFhGIbHXYRKazs9AJnNAQJKx3HG8ugcEFm1ojRbnPzwlzrUM0sddyUOZRCBjFj7PJzdScK3OJJ9s36wVERsuNGtdPBxakc2lmVvKrsWqLfbgMlmj9zSyY9WTBV0PrtOQYtMV3t8m8d372DRfws6to31yVKrj5n5YbRXpa2dEor2XcTRUaoap13qmehOMC0xSSWwxiZEVkeDcQJMm4yJyw4XIQCfULRmL_Wcv-Wp2fr4Wvefzie9ayfcz7ne5puwTxsp9UGLXZDeavJsH2ComUKNrdCqFXid4owb9MzI74VCCe5gxVNLHTMQd2RQyzN_wQvfcFe-UofukkCJe3p9pAfD3Ee56ZA527U5t4Y-C71xDxhkhlux-TEOS5QTjp6DONjg2KoMsp5EZ5g2gkw2d9e9BJXLultx1yLjW2B4f=w860-h645-no

I don't gig so it's easy for me to just leave the pedals on the amp and switch them out as I want. The pedals are only used with the clean combo. I do, however, use the Two Notes in the effects loop of the heads to get them into my DAW. I should also note that I play at low volumes, which you can probably discern from the knobs. No knobs were altered in the photo shoot. Stuff reacts and/or sounds differently at lower volumes, so I want to make sure I point out my volume levels before I talk about how a pedal sounds.
OGVUrNVdlGMMis27FrpgoqHjf2hTOCQrrkxKFGiid7fJuTquBqpJrhy2k7fSP-_MS5p-yy4NeBPvQWU88q9NtpovdQ8HtE8Xd6_VOeDodc6grnnkAPA-qeHgdJ8xq_uw8pfJCcHCgdOJPKukB1Vt-q8Ig7Yd5q7Q--Mrt7YO2S0GC94KlOeu7cC75pkS_bEDkdt-4PkVgLseBr3MCRJWFgZt8zr2D56wjf2Rs-N5CQGMFDPCpjrQu5DbuEHbg2SH9Te0OZz5FI6yGktNGi-n6RZGsv-ocrZg7qIlXYCLJt_28qwT42UN_EHEKMhuhD2hSZ3sLvqueJy-_NHRr1LQwlPe4Z7LQK_6lCbargT4BfKoveWHlEmubbH86CV4waLMvhceiXzewKamyeSjW9nfPogBiwCTwFJFHeUtwEl98RA80AXQ9v4UaBhmaTNSEWbtIvXtiQ8L0mqYv_cMHuxipFlkxbR7uvfsNS4ZVt1CW25M7b5b32pxvg_ikIYl5AA-hNraIPmFvMssg-oJxTEdIkzOxYJMdVRZVMIJoWwkHhlYF4UYdBWtH_tiuCvUZqxOkswQKOQMl_B8wqaBmtFhYcIkS_Vt27V3=w860-h645-no

Left to right.

Strymon Ojai (power) - I love the size and power output of this thing.

JHS Panther Cub v1.5 (analog delay) - I wanted a set it and leave it delay that was still full featured. I went with this primarily because it was the JHS offering for the category. I dig their vibe due to the warranties and the fact they are also based in Missouri.

JHS AT (drive) - This is the Andy Timmons signature pedal from JHS. It's crazy good and highly recommended if you seek a nice dirt box that's warm and airy.

Two Notes Torpedo C.A.B. - This lets me use my pedals and amps right into my interface. The Two Notes stuff is a life savor for those that want the feature set.

Vertex Effects Dynamic Distortion - I heard some demos of this and ordered one the moment I saw them available. It's quite flexible and is the only dirt pedal I used that I'd say is, and I am trying to avoid saying transparent here, but...transparent. It doesn't sound or feel like I engaged a pedal. It sounds and feels like I engaged amp gain. The amp still has the raw sparkle and punch. If I gigged I think I'd have two of these. One configured for just a hint of breakup and another for my gain.

Vertex Effects Boost - Just like the Dynamic Distortion above, except this is a boost. It's a bit pricey when you start looking at other options out there, but I'd say this has it's own vibe and it's the one preferred when trying out boosts.

Nice set up. A big +1 on the AT. I've got one, and love it too.

Just out of curiosity, what are you fraggin'?

That's a terrific setup, JFB!

Incidentally, I just pre-ordered a Zuma, same as the Ojai, but has more outlets. Strymon should be shipping them soon.

Last edited:
Back