Show your pedal boards here!

8Oslbd7.jpg

wyfNRzh.jpg

Hey this is my board, and Amps.
I really like this set up bcs it controls everything including my amp channels.
Splawn amp, into two emperor cabs loaded with Ev12Ls.

This is the one I put together for the Reggae band a couple years ago. The signal runs in through the Peterson Strobostomp true bypass and into the Loopbone which has buffered loops. The Keeley Modified Vox Wah is on loop 1, so I can leave it on at a cocked wah position if I wanted to. The middle row with the Discumbobutlator, Keeley Modded Blues Driver, Boss DD-7, and the Carbon Copy is can be set up for leads and special effects ahead of time offline and switched in is on loop 2. Then, the signal exits through the modulation section which is a Red Witch Pentavocal Tremolo, Red Witch Empress Chorus, and a Tortuga Effects Standard Issue Phaser.

I can remember that I searched forever for modulation effects that I liked and wound up with these, because I was looking for stuff that didn't color or thin my tone too much unintentionally.

Now days, I use scenes on my Axe FX, far simpler and no pedal dance.
DSC_0011-2.jpg

8Oslbd7.jpg

wyfNRzh.jpg

Hey this is my board, and Amps.
I really like this set up bcs it controls everything including my amp channels.
Splawn amp, into two emperor cabs loaded with Ev12Ls.

Great rig, and very cool that you can control your amps with it as well!

I started with a Ibanez Charger stomp box. Bought a CryBaby Wah. All-in-one-sulutions assumed control about me. Next step: Korg G3 Pedal Board. Then Line 6 POD/POD 2.0 with floorboard, followed by Line 6 XT Live, replaced by Line 6 HD500.
Currently I play through a HD500X.

YRTjTngxhOVS8mEbSfvX048zZxQ-kCZB4886sGKez0mURzR8sa0IqQWio1lPQ7YTK7LHkZR7epyNlq24Rg8aZW2JZOot20krKMofS2LP8ksvCjPx9uhzEreYWbuKMAmFOVP6ERo85W9WS_AqmTLCc0w2D4B9mkg9OU_-3gnULc4COPInMP9DeSJcRELqRmXYAKnrMlPFfB_I6FDHW2lhZNWJHKZ85EU7BGZg2MP3puUgrCdIbDJBnDOH9uANqcLbg4f0XxYGTpErSBSgDuHwjL6TImQx6443TuwIRDTgHEcZAbipl4l7ilGPsG1niMP1Df3N0XshQ5d3bhNXOoWRewzoZHxcasL4f45C-f7PzzGThp-SNvVdjnaecn2fD5TxMx1xJtQgW4B0nwQhNj-LevpGyU1Od5UJz2zW81fTtv0zVVX7CfCNtFFVpfdrz1A3WYOfjptgV1K3VCMdFRaaC8ghyxG1VZihg-QJZ0cB2KeyeeuuKPn4d_u6oRgEJYHbDixm04ujXg9cR30AXNoSyG_5AXtJJXnAhTcxWCG2uDE=w492-h969-no

Sneaking into the crystal ball I see a Line 6 Helix behind fog.

Last edited:
For now, just prototype :D And pedals would be: Boss DD-6, Boss DD-7, JamitFX Faceboost, Dunlop JH-1 and TC Electronics Polytune mini. Powersupply T-Rex Fuel Tank. All this in to Laboga Studio Reverb and Marshall 1960a.

104064731020638592242591.jpg

Very nice boards here. I just picked up a Way Huge Pork Loin. Anybody familiar with/use this pedal? I've seen great things but I'm having a hard time dialing it in.

Very nice boards here. I just picked up a Way Huge Pork Loin. Anybody familiar with/use this pedal? I've seen great things but I'm having a hard time dialing it in.

I used to have one, thought it was pretty darn good too. I think I preferred it for single coils though - fairly beefy low end. Maybe it's a bit muddy for humbuckers? I've had tone memory fade at this point. What are you trying to get out of it, and what else have you played? I might provide a couple of alternatives if this doesn't work out for you.

That is a pretty cool design. I like the flat part for a wah or volume - although I have both, so I'd almost want that area bigger for both. But I like the idea of it all being together. If you were to design this for others (ie retail) I might make sure Pedaltrain's lawyers don't send you a cease and desist order.

I used to have one, thought it was pretty darn good too. I think I preferred it for single coils though - fairly beefy low end. Maybe it's a bit muddy for humbuckers? I've had tone memory fade at this point. What are you trying to get out of it, and what else have you played? I might provide a couple of alternatives if this doesn't work out for you.
I primary use humbuckers and it really has an interesting effect. It's a pretty dark pedal, even with the tone knob cranked, but it's surprisingly not muddy. I was originally looking to use it like a Klon or Tube Screamer type boost. Oddly, I've found that if I bottom out the drive and turn the clean blend all the way up, it makes a fantastic clean preamp of sorts. I got it for a really good price so if it becomes just a preamp, that's fine, but if anybody has any recommendations of dialing it in, I'm all ears.

Also, if anyone has any experience with a Way Huge Green Rhino, I'm thinking this might be a good alternative to the normal Ibanez/Maxon green box to get what I was originally looking for.

To give an idea of my setup, I'm running my guitars (SE Singlecut and S2 Cu24) into a Blackstar HT-5R. I like to experiment with lots of different sounds, everything from mostly clean blues sounds with just a bit of "hair" on it to high gain hard rock sounds. I'm really just looking for something that will give me the boost I'm looking for but I'm not a fan of the EQ of the TS9 and haven't gotten along with clean boosts like the TC Spark and the Xotic EP.

Last edited:
Hey all - I not much of stompbox guy, but after my recent purchase of a Fender BluesJr NOS Tweed (portability + cleans + good deal) I am a channel-switching-amp-guy-who-now-needs-to-try-to-get-dirt-from-pedals guy (at least for this amp).

So I redid my super-noob velcro Roadrunner board, added a few, took a few away:

PB_zpslgpgsqvv.jpg

Snarling Dogs Super Bawl Whine-o-Wah:
a tad noisy at times, but lots of fun options. Two inductors (switchable), a Testosterone vs. Estrogen switch for some dirt, and three modes: White Room, Voodoo and Shaft which affects the frequency of the sweep. Probably not a more funner-er wah out there. BONUS: you can use it to bludgeon someone in a barfight as it weight like 5 pounds and is built like a tank.

Xotic BBP Comp: custom shop version of the BB preamp with three modes. Been chasing the Andy Timmons sound as of late - the Comp setting has all of the compression of the original / BBAT version so it nails it. Set up for unity gain, moderate dirt, slight treble cut / bass boost. Other modes are very nice too, much less compression.

Boss BD-2 Blues Driver: really early version I bought used from a friend. Not sure if all BD-2s are EQ'd like this one, but with the tone knob anything but minimum it's WAY too trebly. But, as set, with both knobs about 11 o'clock it (also unity gain) gives some really nice hair, especially to single coils - VERY amp-y sounding. Plays nicely with the BB too.

TC Electronic Spark Booster: because I'm running the volume low and master high on the BluesJr,I have this set up in "FAT" mode with no gain and the level @ 3 o'clock. MASSIVE clean boost and fattens things up well. No EQ.

MXR Carbon Copy Delay: my newest pedal, 'coz I had no delay. I really wanted analog and I like the way these sound for the price. Heard clips of the new "bright" version compared with this, went with the original. For as little delay as I run I would probably be fine with any pedal. But sparkly green is cool. Brightest. LEDs. EVER.

TC Electronic Corona Chorus: I have had one of these for years. I don't use alot of chorus either, and I really like the Tri Chorus mode. When I am feeling frisky I use this to break out into stereo with two amps.

TC Electronic Ditto X2 Looper: I don't use this live for anything. But as alot of my playing is done alone, in my basement, this is super-useful for working out riffs and jamming over. The only reason I got the X2 is because of the second button that could be dedicated to the Stop function.

I will probably be tweaking this a bit the next few times I play out, but for now I am pretty happy. The way this is set up, along with the "FAT" footswitch from the BluesJr I can get a nice base tone and have many different options for taking things to eleven.

Hey all - I not much of stompbox guy, but after my recent purchase of a Fender BluesJr NOS Tweed (portability + cleans + good deal) I am a channel-switching-amp-guy-who-now-needs-to-try-to-get-dirt-from-pedals guy (at least for this amp).

So I redid my super-noob velcro Roadrunner board, added a few, took a few away:

PB_zpslgpgsqvv.jpg

Snarling Dogs Super Bawl Whine-o-Wah:
a tad noisy at times, but lots of fun options. Two inductors (switchable), a Testosterone vs. Estrogen switch for some dirt, and three modes: White Room, Voodoo and Shaft which affects the frequency of the sweep. Probably not a more funner-er wah out there. BONUS: you can use it to bludgeon someone in a barfight as it weight like 5 pounds and is built like a tank.

Xotic BBP Comp: custom shop version of the BB preamp with three modes. Been chasing the Andy Timmons sound as of late - the Comp setting has all of the compression of the original / BBAT version so it nails it. Set up for unity gain, moderate dirt, slight treble cut / bass boost. Other modes are very nice too, much less compression.

Boss BD-2 Blues Driver: really early version I bought used from a friend. Not sure if all BD-2s are EQ'd like this one, but with the tone knob anything but minimum it's WAY too trebly. But, as set, with both knobs about 11 o'clock it (also unity gain) gives some really nice hair, especially to single coils - VERY amp-y sounding. Plays nicely with the BB too.

TC Electronic Spark Booster: because I'm running the volume low and master high on the BluesJr,I have this set up in "FAT" mode with no gain and the level @ 3 o'clock. MASSIVE clean boost and fattens things up well. No EQ.

MXR Carbon Copy Delay: my newest pedal, 'coz I had no delay. I really wanted analog and I like the way these sound for the price. Heard clips of the new "bright" version compared with this, went with the original. For as little delay as I run I would probably be fine with any pedal. But sparkly green is cool. Brightest. LEDs. EVER.

TC Electronic Corona Chorus: I have had one of these for years. I don't use alot of chorus either, and I really like the Tri Chorus mode. When I am feeling frisky I use this to break out into stereo with two amps.

TC Electronic Ditto X2 Looper: I don't use this live for anything. But as alot of my playing is done alone, in my basement, this is super-useful for working out riffs and jamming over. The only reason I got the X2 is because of the second button that could be dedicated to the Stop function.

I will probably be tweaking this a bit the next few times I play out, but for now I am pretty happy. The way this is set up, along with the "FAT" footswitch from the BluesJr I can get a nice base tone and have many different options for taking things to eleven.

Good setup here, I think I've used all but 2 of those pedals. The Spark Booster is one of my favorites. I'm doing almost the opposite of you, I switched from a Fender Humboldt (like the Blues Jr. NOS but with an upgraded Hemp cone) to a new Marshall DSL-40CST - with a Celestion Creamback speaker in it. Huge difference in how I'm going to approach pedals now. So much gain from this amp, yet the clean channel is lovely. Lots of experimenting in the upcoming weeks/month. Plus I got 2 new pedals in the mail today. Lots of 'work' to do.

My pedalboard got bigger.

Bust on me all you want, I think it's cheaper than a single boutique dirt pedal... but way more fun.

Back