Show your pedal boards here!

I like the CC, Boogie, it's a nice pedal to have for that real analog tone!
I really love it, too, but despite it's purity of analog goodness, the El Capistan is at the top of the heap of "you'll pry this pedal from my cold, dead hands". To me, the difference is staggering. Strymon's stuff may be DSP digital wizardry, but to my ears, it's as good as it gets.

But dont on task to buy my Carbon Copy...ain't happening.

Hi all, first post here. I have been a watcher for some time, I may as well make my first post part of the pedal board thread!

This is my current revision. It's actually been this way for quite some time as I find I am very happy with the whole setup. What is not pictured in the pictures is that there are two Voodoo Lab PP2+ power supplied inside that are powering everything.

You guys have sick looking boards!

Jmango, that looks awesome! Very industrial and seemingly well-thought-out. Good job!

Jmango, that looks awesome! Very industrial and seemingly well-thought-out. Good job!

Thanks, the pedals are all wired under the platform in a logical order (dirt in front of amp, modulation in the loop, etc...). It's is hard to tell from the layout as the layout is for spacing rather than signal path.

The board is from The Custom District, which I stumbled across by accident while searching for a better board that what I was using...

http://www.customdistrictpedalboards.com

I LOVE the board, so flexible, strong and really all I need. Best board i have had thus far...

Welcome to the boards, Jmango! That board is bad assed. :rock: if I ever build another, that's the brand I'm going with.

Welcome to the boards, Jmango! That board is bad assed. :rock: if I ever build another, that's the brand I'm going with.

Thanks - got to be here. :) The guy that builds the boards name is Elon and he'll pretty much take his shirt off to make you happy - seriously, great guy.

Make sure you ask him for the floorboard - it closes off the bottom and makes cable management obsolete. You can leave all the cables hanging and the floor plate seals them in - makes it really easy for quick change arounds...

Did you order one?

Be warn, Daniel's time estimate is, shall I say, optimistic at best, realistic is the truth. his shop is currently just him at the moment so it takes a while. I waited 5 months for my board, was quote 2 months. But this is like Private Stock I guess, something for life.

Sorry for the uber delayed response. I ended up holding off. I'm still working on building my gear back up after a break in, so I decided I didn't have enough pedals to warrant spending that much on a board. I ended up getting a pedaltrain mini in the meantime. I mostly play at my church, plugging directly into the board to our sound system. I'll try to post pictures of my board later but my current board is

PolyTune2->Morley Mini Wah/Volume->Spark Mini->OCD->Hall of Fame Mini->Flashback Delay and then this runs into a Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver.

I used to use a Mark Tremonti wah, which I love, but it's just too big for my mini board. This was essentially meant to be something small to take to church/small gigs. I'd like to start building up a full size pedal board now that I've finished this one.

Sorry for the life story! Some awesome boards here. Just more fuel for my GAS! :beer:

To take you guys back down a notch from that glorious battle ship of a pedal board... here's a bog-standard Pedaltrain Junior! :)

21445457ad.jpg

On the bottom of it, there's a Pedalpower 4x4, a PRS Swamp Ash Special NF usually goes in and a Dr. Z. MAZ Jr. 18 NR 2x10" combo is waiting for signal on the other end. I used to go FX loop but it just sounds a LOT better with everything in front. Does all I need... sometimes I switch out the Volume pedal for an expression pedal and get tinkery with the FX but most of the time it comes on tour with me looking like this.

I've got to say... after 5-6 years of playing L6 stuff (POD HD500 into DT25)... it feels right. :D

To take you guys back down a notch from that glorious battle ship of a pedal board... here's a bog-standard Pedaltrain Junior! :)

21445457ad.jpg

On the bottom of it, there's a Pedalpower 4x4, a PRS Swamp Ash Special NF usually goes in and a Dr. Z. MAZ Jr. 18 NR 2x10" combo is waiting for signal on the other end. I used to go FX loop but it just sounds a LOT better with everything in front. Does all I need... sometimes I switch out the Volume pedal for an expression pedal and get tinkery with the FX but most of the time it comes on tour with me looking like this.

I've got to say... after 5-6 years of playing L6 stuff (POD HD500 into DT25)... it feels right. :D

Very nicely done!

Here's the latest version of my board...

• Diamond Compressor - very quiet. Subtle but very nice.
  • Turbo Tuner - works great and very accurate.
  • Plimsoul - This one has been on and off my board many times, as I've searched for a better distortion pedal. I haven't found one yet so its stays.
  • Timmy - I scoffed at the Gear Page hype for many years but I was wrong.
  • Analogman Chorus - just a nice sounding pedal. The depth switch gives a lot of flexibility.
  • Earthquaker Devices Hummingbird - probably don't need it as I would only use it on one or two songs, but hey, I just really like EQD pedals.
  • EQD Dispatch Master - nice for a bit of delay, plus it has reverb if I'm using a non-reverb amp.

16804006080_a6f315b18b_z.jpg

Here's the latest version of my board...

• Diamond Compressor - very quiet. Subtle but very nice.
  • Turbo Tuner - works great and very accurate.
  • Plimsoul - This one has been on and off my board many times, as I've searched for a better distortion pedal. I haven't found one yet so its stays.
  • Timmy - I scoffed at the Gear Page hype for many years but I was wrong.
  • Analogman Chorus - just a nice sounding pedal. The depth switch gives a lot of flexibility.
  • Earthquaker Devices Hummingbird - probably don't need it as I would only use it on one or two songs, but hey, I just really like EQD pedals.
  • EQD Dispatch Master - nice for a bit of delay, plus it has reverb if I'm using a non-reverb amp.

16804006080_a6f315b18b_z.jpg

Everything on that very tidy board makes sense! :top:

Love this thread; gotten so many great ideas from it.

I have a very minimal number of effects at the moment. Perhaps my favorite is the Boiling Point from Rockbox. I have one of the cool tye dye type made by Chris Cambell ones made in February 2011 and it sounds incredibly good.

EDIT: Would appreciate some feedback. I want to get a Looper Pedal and love what I am learning of the Infinity. I probably don't need all the myriad of options it has and curious if you can suggest another Looper that's less expensive that produces a similar level of audio analogue uncolored sound? I suspect I may have to spend the $$ for the Infinity just due to the high quality of audio it produces even if I won't use all it's potential but before I do, wanted to get your opinion.

Thank you. -Zafu

Last edited:
With my band, I mostly use a Line6 HD500x in a floor board case. I am still working on dialing this other mostly analog pedalboard, which remains a work in progress!
Had them both plugged in yesterday; ran dual outputs from the Line6 wireless, actually worked pretty well! Had the pedals going to one center amp in mono, and the POD going to two amps in stereo. I like to do wet/dry setups, so I can be more 'cosmic' with the effects, knowing it won't fully overwhelm the tone / mix / sound.

The tiny little pedal to the left of the Vox wah is a Keeley true bypass switcher / fx loop. That Vox wah has some 'tone suck' when it's in the 'off' position. The way that is configured on my board, the signal coming to the wah goes to the Keeley and out of the Keeley to the next pedal. Then the other cables go out of the Keeley fx loop pedal to the Vox wah, and back to the Keeley. When the light is red, the signal is being true bypassed around the Vox. Press the switch, light turns green, now signal going through the wah. I just leave the wah on, and toggle it in and out with the Keeley. Eventually I'd like to upgrade to a programmable loop switcher; bit those are some serious $$$! This one is not cheap, but makes a big difference in the tone quality. With the wah toe switch toggled off, I did an A/B comparison of going through the wah in bypass, vs going through the Keeley in true bypass. No doubt, when 'off', the wah diminishes the tone, makes it muddy - and that will be the case with ANY non-true bypass effects in your signal chain. This same trick is a good way to incoporate older vintage effects that sound awesome when 'on', but kill your signal when 'off..

Cheers!

Last edited:
HOLY DT25!!!!!!!

Most of the center 'stack' is a recent addition; I found the head used at Gtr Ctr, and the cab on Reverb.com; both for really low prices, got the other cab from Sweetwater. I've had the two combos for a while. In this setup, the Keeley pedals and whatnot are going to the center rig, and the POD is going to the left/right combos.

Basically this is two different rigs, all set up together. In my band, the other guitarist uses that keeley pedalboard, and he's been using his own amp, it's been acting flakey, so we're going to try this out, see how it goes. He's going to use the head and the two cabs / stack, I am going to keep using the two combos, on amp stands (but not setup on stage like this! we'd move the two rigs apart). For what it's worth, the XLR out from the DT's perform quite well, that's been my go-to for sending my guitar signal to the PA / mix, recording, etc. Especially at rehearsal in a small space, you can still capture isolated guitar signals that way.

These little amps rock! They are loud. Those combos are heavy, they weigh more than they look.. The head and cabs are nice, the cabs are quite manageable, and the head isn't bad either - helps to divide up that weight into two parts. Love the Bogner DT25's! Don't let the Line6 logos fool ya; the real magic in these amps is all Bogner. a pair of EL84's and a 12AX7. Quite versatile, covers most anything from vintage to modern. They just added a Bogner Shiva, an Orange OR80, a Peavey 5150. Some cool sounds with those closed back cabs! Mixing the open and closed back cabs can sound pretty sweet too.

Incidentally, the PRS sounds ridiculously insane through all of this; whether straight to the amp old school, or with the wireless, in crazy three amp full stereo - by far and away, my 30th C24 is the finest instrument I've ever been so fortunate to play.. These amps and all those pedals don't do it justice; but the PRS certainly makes the Line6 gear sound better than it ever has before!
:)

Last edited:
That little blue pedal in the top part of the HD500x board is actually connected with the other pedal board; I was testing it out, hadn't used it with that board, had been running it in stereo in the FX loop of the HD500x as a 'post' amp model multi-effect - chorus/ delay/reverb, etc. Stuff at the end of the chain..

In the pedalboard sequence, the bottom row are the pre effects; that bottom right white/red pedal after the compressor is an overdrive, that cable goes to the front input on the DT25 head.

One other thing worth noting, ISP makes a kick-ass noise gate! That noise gate is awesome; it's the silver/black pedal turned sideways at the top of the board with four cables connected to it. You run your dry guitar signal through it first, and it just tracks your instrument - that way when it's doing the noise gate in the post, it uses that tracking to distinguish between noise you are making with your guitar, vs noise being induced by pedals / effects, etc.

Here's the whole signal chain from start to end:

guitar -> line6 wireless-> noise gate 'pre tracking' stage 1 -> keeley fx loop pedal [loop through Vox wah] -> tuner -> keeley neutrino (envelope) -> keeley bootlegger (germanium overdrive) -> keeley 4-knob comp -> keeley overdrive -> DT25 front input

DT25 fx loop send -> volume pedal -> noise gate stage 2 -> keeley chorus -> keeley phaser -> mxr delay -> (off the board) Zoom MS-70CDR (chorus / delay / reverb)

The Vox wah and MXR delay are not mine; so I still have my eyes out for other pedal options. For now, will probably swap out the MXR and put in the Zoom pedal; it took me some time, but once I got the hang of how to set it up for foot pedal use to cycle through the presets, I started to really like what I was hearing! Technically, if I wanted to expand the rig to stereo or wet/dry, I could do that - the Zoom is stereo in and out. Just what I need! Another excuse to buy another DT25... ;)

As for the wah, I'd prefer to get a wah that doesn't need that Keeley true bypass. I could use the Keeley slot for something else; or possibly to add an on/off to the Zoom pedal. The Zoom is odd, and has it's limits. You set up a list of the patches you want to use, and there is no real 'off' - it just keeps cycling through the list. I set up the list so that every other patch was blank - essentially an 'off' between every effect patch, but it didn't preserve delay and reverb trails. I *think* with the Keeley it might allow the delay trails, I need to test that. (it's powered by the Mondo - 12 pedals total, the Line6 power supply is velcroed to the underside)

I also still have my eye on expensive switching systems; like the crocodile tail, things like that are awesome but, as is this board is sounding pretty sweet with minimal noise, overall the pedals are balanced and positioned well in relationship to each other. Took a lot of shifting around at first! The germanium drive does not like being after other drives, and the second overdrive sounded better after the compressor - like an overdrive / boost. the bootlegger into the compressor is awesome; creamy lots of sustain, and nice drive tones. the compressor holds the volume spikes in check.

Last edited:
Back