Show your pedal boards here!

The main reason I have effects, and had them since day one, was to emulate David Gilmour - those lush delays, chorus/phaser/flanger/u-vibe/leslie/whatever sounds are hard to cop guitar straight into amp. Plus a compressor-sustainer helps get a nice lead tone, especially SOYCD.

My favorite song to play, and just listen to on repeat for some reason, but I do wish I had a good chorus and delay to give it a little more "oomph". Back in the day I had some cheap little 3 switch digitech multi-effects processor which did pretty good, probably why I'm thinking of just going with the boss me-80 now.

My current setup.. A/B between two archons one with 6L6 for clean and one with el-34 for distorted tone. Space echo in both fx loops and everything thing else in front

It occurred to me I hadn't posted my updated pedalboard situation. Here's my latest incarnation of the main board for home and gigging use:

IMG_4321_1024_zpsyvn5fojr.jpg

My favorite song to play, and just listen to on repeat for some reason, but I do wish I had a good chorus and delay to give it a little more "oomph". Back in the day I had some cheap little 3 switch digitech multi-effects processor which did pretty good, probably why I'm thinking of just going with the boss me-80 now.

Well, depending on your budget, for about $250 you can have a Boss DD-3 for $130ish and the chorus/modulation of your choice, say the EHX Electric Mistress (non-Deluxe) for $120ish or a Boss CE-5 for $100ish. Those are new prices - used would be less, of course. Just spend a few buck more for a good power supply like a OneSpot and small daisy chain to power them, so you don't eat batteries...

While having a good amp is of course the best thing, I still feel pedals do have their place. There are certain things that pedals can do that amps can't (obviously such as delays, etc). With regards to overdrive, I usually prefer to get the gain from the amp, but I feel that the pedals can hit the front end of the amp in a way it can't by itself. To me at times, this can make things such as leads "stand out" a bit more in a denser band setting.

Coming from a primarily metal and hard rock background, a very common thing to do is to put an overdrive pedal (with the drive down low or all the way down, with the level turned up) in front of a high gain amp to achieve maximum attack and punch. May sound weird, but many records and guys use this method with great results.

The bad thing about these threads is seeing something else I just have to have. That's how I ended up with a strymon timeline, best pedal I've put on the board since the compressor and now I'm lusting after a mobius.

The bad thing about these threads is seeing something else I just have to have. That's how I ended up with a strymon timeline, best pedal I've put on the board since the compressor and now I'm lusting after a mobius.

IMO, the BigSky, Timeline, and Mobius are the only three pedals you would ever need.

Here's mine!! Just wanna share my pedalboard, not a DIY kinda guy so I paid. :)
I found a local guy that made this for me. Pretty straight forward.
It looked like a pedal train but its got a 2nd tier (half tier). He cam make a full tier if you want to but wont fit a volume/wah pedal. I wanted it so it can fit my wah pedal. Measures about 30" x 12". Fits perfect on my used keyboard case. It comes unfinished but I had him put coat of polyurethane. The slots makes a great handle. I can carry the whole board loaded up with one arm. I hope you like it.

Here's mine!! Just wanna share my pedalboard, not a DIY kinda guy so I paid. :)
I found a local guy that made this for me. Pretty straight forward.
It looked like a pedal train but its got a 2nd tier (half tier). He cam make a full tier if you want to but wont fit a volume/wah pedal. I wanted it so it can fit my wah pedal. Measures about 30" x 12". Fits perfect on my used keyboard case. It comes unfinished but I had him put coat of polyurethane. The slots makes a great handle. I can carry the whole board loaded up with one arm. I hope you like it.

Looks really cool!

You guys and all your little boxes and wires...

THAT LOOKS AWESOME!! I've wanted to get a Ground Control for a while, for my Eleven Rack. What's on the other end of all that? Nice Mission expression pedals too, their stuff is top notch. I have one for my Line6 stuff, it's built like a tank, works perfectly to control the wahs on my HD500 POD

Here's my current board.

Buddha Bud Wah, Boss Tuner, Lovepedal Superlead, Catalinbread CB30, Wampler Paisley Drive, Catalinbread RAH, Walrus Audio Deep Six, Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport Six all into Hot Rod Deluxe modded to an inch of its' life.

I vacuumed the board!

pedalboard3-29.jpg

Nothing amazing here that's different, except the Carbon Copy temporarily in the El Capistan's spot. The foot switch wore out and I had to send it back to Strymon for out of warranty repair. Not only were they super responsive, but they were kind and easy to deal with. The cost was VERY reasonable for a $300 pedal and they turned it around in a couple of days. It should arrive Monday or Tuesday. Huge kudos to Strymon for amazing customer service!

Last edited:
Back