Show your pedal boards here!

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Raymond, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Jazzedout

Jazzedout New Member

..and then there is the Morley mini wah...

2. SlimB79

SlimB79 New Member

should have KoT by the end of next month, going to have to rearrange and probably drop the Plimsoul
    [​IMG]

3. Tag

Tag New Member

There is a LOT of tone suckage going on in this thread!

:p

4. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

Fixed it for ya! ;)

5. Tag

Tag New Member

Lol!

6. mezzio

mezzio The Force is weak in ^^

This thread makes me jealous, lol. Unfortunately I play sans pedals... Not that I wouldn't like a nice board, I'm just too indecisive on what I like in effects. I am thinking about picking up the Boss ME-80 so I can at least have something when I pick up my new beast in the next week or two... If I do I'll post it up in the NGD thread I'll post when I have it in my possession

7. Boogie

Boogie SuperD

By virtue of the crammed pedalboards, this thread serves as proof that most of us suffer from indecision. :biggrin: Dont let that discourage you from buying everything you might need.

8. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

Indecision is the mother of Velcro.

9. Tag

Tag New Member

You should feel good IMO. I have about 20 pedals, and very, very rarely use a single one. Guitar straight to amp equals the most natural, and best feeling tones. In 30 plus years of trying, I have yet to find a single pedal that actually makes tone "better". Adding pedals subtracts tone! (IMO,YMMV ETC ETC)

10. Dizzyg12

Dizzyg12 New Member

Hence why I don't use pedals to create tone, I use them to create effects. Unless you know of other ways to create phasers, wah, whammy (octave uo/down) effects, delays, etc without pedals.

You won't find OD, distortions and stuff like that in my board but it's hard to create certain effects without pedals.

11. Tag

Tag New Member

Totally agree. No problem at all with FX pedals. Its the drive, EQ, boost, enhancers etc etc that I am talking about. If you need them to get your sound, you have the wrong amp IMO. I also understand that if you are in a cover band and are trying to sound as much like the original bands as possible, they are a must. Without naming anything, I know someone very well who has a VERY expensive amp, and many VERY expensive pedals going into that amp to try and get a great clean tone. IMO, a stock Fender HR Deville or SRRI eats it alive.

#111 Tag, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  12. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan DGT Club Vice President

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

It's really more of a sickness than anything.

13. Mike Duncan

14. rugerpc

rugerpc A♥ hoards guitars ♥A

Mike,

You have some serious voodoo goin' on your amp cab...

15. Mike Duncan

You know it!!!

16. shinksma

shinksma What? I get a title?

I just saw this post, thanks to the mild resurrection.

Yeah, my music / home theater room is the bonus room above the garage, and to keep out light I use Ikea rugs over all the windows (I think there are five). They also act as a mild sound absorber, which helps keep the room fairly neutral reverb-wise (but not completely dead), and stops some of the sound leaking out to the neighborhood. Not much - the 3000w (peak) Subwoofer capability I have gets exercised a fair bit, and it isn't stopped by mere carpet!

17. Mike Duncan

Funny you should mention IKEA...my large pedalboard is from IKEA!

[​IMG]

18. shinksma

shinksma What? I get a title?

The main reason I have effects, and had them since day one, was to emulate David Gilmour - those lush delays, chorus/phaser/flanger/u-vibe/leslie/whatever sounds are hard to cop guitar straight into amp. Plus a compressor-sustainer helps get a nice lead tone, especially SOYCD.

I also have dirt pedals to cover the various other sounds my Fender amp doesn't make, or for when I don't use an amp at all. And Mr. Gilmour uses pedals for dirt, so I figure he can't be too far off base...

I have found that with the Archon I just got, I do love playing straight into the amp, and just using the clean and lead channels au natural. But I've also got effects configured, just because I can.

19. crgtr

crgtr Twang Banger

Here's one of my boards. It changes all the time depending on gig, amp or gtr.
    [​IMG]
    Here's a look at the pedalboard/case:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#119 crgtr, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  20. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

Love that board, Chris!

To me, the argument about pedals vs just going into the amp for best tone is interesting, but kind of ignores a good reason why people like various pedals of all kinds: Just to be able to change things up!

Yes, a great amp needs no pedals, and frankly, most great amps are wonderful without any pedals.

Then again, there are times when one simply wants to get a different sound. Pedals - even the good ones - are cheap thrills when you get down to it. Some sound really great, some suck, but they all make your amp sound different. And that's the point.