Show your pedal boards here!

should have KoT by the end of next month, going to have to rearrange and probably drop the Plimsoul
pedalboard1_zpsi1xskfqx.jpg

There is a LOT of tone suckage going on in this thread!

:p

This thread makes me jealous, lol. Unfortunately I play sans pedals... Not that I wouldn't like a nice board, I'm just too indecisive on what I like in effects. I am thinking about picking up the Boss ME-80 so I can at least have something when I pick up my new beast in the next week or two... If I do I'll post it up in the NGD thread I'll post when I have it in my possession

Not that I wouldn't like a nice board, I'm just too indecisive on what I like in effects.
By virtue of the crammed pedalboards, this thread serves as proof that most of us suffer from indecision. :biggrin: Dont let that discourage you from buying everything you might need.

This thread makes me jealous, lol. Unfortunately I play sans pedals... Not that I wouldn't like a nice board, I'm just too indecisive on what I like in effects. I am thinking about picking up the Boss ME-80 so I can at least have something when I pick up my new beast in the next week or two... If I do I'll post it up in the NGD thread I'll post when I have it in my possession 

Indecision is the mother of Velcro.

This thread makes me jealous, lol. Unfortunately I play sans pedals... Not that I wouldn't like a nice board, I'm just too indecisive on what I like in effects. I am thinking about picking up the Boss ME-80 so I can at least have something when I pick up my new beast in the next week or two... If I do I'll post it up in the NGD thread I'll post when I have it in my possession 

You should feel good IMO. I have about 20 pedals, and very, very rarely use a single one. Guitar straight to amp equals the most natural, and best feeling tones. In 30 plus years of trying, I have yet to find a single pedal that actually makes tone "better". Adding pedals subtracts tone! (IMO,YMMV ETC ETC)

You should feel good IMO. I have about 20 pedals, and very, very rarely use a single one. Guitar straight to amp equals the most natural, and best feeling tones. In 30 plus years of trying, I have yet to find a single pedal that actually makes tone "better". Adding pedals subtracts tone! (IMO,YMMV ETC ETC)

Hence why I don't use pedals to create tone, I use them to create effects. Unless you know of other ways to create phasers, wah, whammy (octave uo/down) effects, delays, etc without pedals.

You won't find OD, distortions and stuff like that in my board but it's hard to create certain effects without pedals.

Hence why I don't use pedals to create tone, I use them to create effects. Unless you know of other ways to create phasers, wah, whammy (octave uo/down) effects, delays, etc without pedals.

You won't find OD, distortions and stuff like that in my board but it's hard to create certain effects without pedals.

Totally agree. No problem at all with FX pedals. Its the drive, EQ, boost, enhancers etc etc that I am talking about. If you need them to get your sound, you have the wrong amp IMO. I also understand that if you are in a cover band and are trying to sound as much like the original bands as possible, they are a must. Without naming anything, I know someone very well who has a VERY expensive amp, and many VERY expensive pedals going into that amp to try and get a great clean tone. IMO, a stock Fender HR Deville or SRRI eats it alive.

Last edited:
Dude!

I have that same IKEA rug in my office. And I'm using it the same way - it's on the wall!

I just saw this post, thanks to the mild resurrection.

Yeah, my music / home theater room is the bonus room above the garage, and to keep out light I use Ikea rugs over all the windows (I think there are five). They also act as a mild sound absorber, which helps keep the room fairly neutral reverb-wise (but not completely dead), and stops some of the sound leaking out to the neighborhood. Not much - the 3000w (peak) Subwoofer capability I have gets exercised a fair bit, and it isn't stopped by mere carpet!

This thread makes me jealous, lol. Unfortunately I play sans pedals... Not that I wouldn't like a nice board, I'm just too indecisive on what I like in effects.
The main reason I have effects, and had them since day one, was to emulate David Gilmour - those lush delays, chorus/phaser/flanger/u-vibe/leslie/whatever sounds are hard to cop guitar straight into amp. Plus a compressor-sustainer helps get a nice lead tone, especially SOYCD.

I also have dirt pedals to cover the various other sounds my Fender amp doesn't make, or for when I don't use an amp at all. And Mr. Gilmour uses pedals for dirt, so I figure he can't be too far off base...

I have found that with the Archon I just got, I do love playing straight into the amp, and just using the clean and lead channels au natural. But I've also got effects configured, just because I can.

Here's one of my boards. It changes all the time depending on gig, amp or gtr.

Here's a look at the pedalboard/case:

Last edited:
Love that board, Chris!

To me, the argument about pedals vs just going into the amp for best tone is interesting, but kind of ignores a good reason why people like various pedals of all kinds: Just to be able to change things up!

Yes, a great amp needs no pedals, and frankly, most great amps are wonderful without any pedals.

Then again, there are times when one simply wants to get a different sound. Pedals - even the good ones - are cheap thrills when you get down to it. Some sound really great, some suck, but they all make your amp sound different. And that's the point.

Back