Show your pedal boards here!

I'm in the middle of putting together my very first pedalboard, and is curious to what's everyone else have on their board.

so let's see some pictures!
I'm in the middle of putting together my very first pedalboard, and is curious to what's everyone else have on their board.

so let's see some pictures!

I'm cheap. I built my pedalboard for $16.43

Went to Home Depot and bought a 12x24" scrap and some twisted boards
Cut wedges from my twisted boards to raise and angle the deck
Glued and screwed
Rattle can flat black

What I would do different:
Add carry handles
Go to a flooring store and get carpet scraps

Go to the hardware store and get screw-in leveling feet

When measuring, account for material thickness.
On my wedges, I raised the front 3/4" and the back 1-1/4". I forgot to account for the 3/4" material thickness

Should have raised the front 1/4" and the back about 2 to 2-1/2" for more slope. I've gotten used to the height but, I think it would be better with more slope.

Neighbor lady gimme some adhesive backed Velcro to stick pedals on.

Tips:
Layout and plug in all pedals in the order required. Make sure to leave room to disconnect. Mine are so tight together, I have to take everything apart in order to remove one pedal in the center. D'OH!

Measure the overall dimensions of your layout.
Add space to avoid cramming everything into the smallest possible footprint

Leave room to grow. I have added a couple items, and still have plenty of space but, like I said, I screwed it up so, I'm going to have to stop procrastinating, and build a new one out of the left over materials which means 2 pedalboards built for $16.

Anyways

DigiTech DropTune
Boss TU2
Crybaby 95Q
MXR Distortion+
MXR M234

PigHog Daisy Chain power
Got a deal on junk F3nd3r patch cables and had to replace a couple.

Eventually, I'm going to redo everything.

I would love to share pictures so you can see how easy it is to build a board but, I don't want to take pictures, deal with my phone uploading to Photobucket, get the link, copy/paste, add html...

Putting photos on here is a real pain in the ass.

Oh, and for those keeping score at home, the foot switch for my MT15 head is on the carpet where it doesn't need to get sticky residue or scratches all over it from being Velcroed to the board. I'm a bedroom player. I can work with one sliding foot switch. Built the board cause everything else sliding on the carpet was annoying

Sorry for the long post. Drink water

I'm cheap. I built my pedalboard for $16.43

Went to Home Depot and bought a 12x24" scrap and some twisted boards
Cut wedges from my twisted boards to raise and angle the deck
Glued and screwed
Rattle can flat black

What I would do different:
Add carry handles
Go to a flooring store and get carpet scraps

Go to the hardware store and get screw-in leveling feet

When measuring, account for material thickness.
On my wedges, I raised the front 3/4" and the back 1-1/4". I forgot to account for the 3/4" material thickness

Should have raised the front 1/4" and the back about 2 to 2-1/2" for more slope. I've gotten used to the height but, I think it would be better with more slope.

Neighbor lady gimme some adhesive backed Velcro to stick pedals on.

Tips:
Layout and plug in all pedals in the order required. Make sure to leave room to disconnect. Mine are so tight together, I have to take everything apart in order to remove one pedal in the center. D'OH!

Measure the overall dimensions of your layout.
Add space to avoid cramming everything into the smallest possible footprint

Leave room to grow. I have added a couple items, and still have plenty of space but, like I said, I screwed it up so, I'm going to have to stop procrastinating, and build a new one out of the left over materials which means 2 pedalboards built for $16.

Anyways

DigiTech DropTune
Boss TU2
Crybaby 95Q
MXR Distortion+
MXR M234

PigHog Daisy Chain power
Got a deal on junk F3nd3r patch cables and had to replace a couple.

Eventually, I'm going to redo everything.

I would love to share pictures so you can see how easy it is to build a board but, I don't want to take pictures, deal with my phone uploading to Photobucket, get the link, copy/paste, add html...

Putting photos on here is a real pain in the ass.

Oh, and for those keeping score at home, the foot switch for my MT15 head is on the carpet where it doesn't need to get sticky residue or scratches all over it from being Velcroed to the board. I'm a bedroom player. I can work with one sliding foot switch. Built the board cause everything else sliding on the carpet was annoying

Sorry for the long post. Drink water
NEED PHOTOS STAT.

Yes, I know, too much, I like choices. You don’t want to see my “head selector cabinet”...

zgSL6tS.jpg

Yes, I know, too much, I like choices. You don’t want to see my “head selector cabinet”...

zgSL6tS.jpg

Doesn't look there is 'too much' choice here (as if you can ever have 'too much' choice) - 2 of the selection are not 'tone shaping' or 'modulation' pedals with the Boss tuner and looper pedals so that reduces the choice for changing the tone or adding effects. At least these all fit on the board - inc the 'larger' Expression pedal. I have seen boards at least this size with the additional expression pedal(s) beside the board on the floor next to it because of their size and the ability to fill the board with more smaller sized pedals. Obviously I have seen smaller boards and significantly fewer pedals too...

I am seriously considering a Helix LT/Floor or maybe either the Boss GT1000 or Headrush - partly because of convenience and partly because of all the options/choices - not just the countless Effects pedals and positioning combinations but also the numerous amp/cab/mic options too - much more than I could afford separately or store in my small British abode. I don't get to plug into my JVM410c and even my Blackstar HT5r 212 is really too loud with the proximity of neighbours. Yes I am a 'bedroom' (well mostly in my front room) player and don't get out to play in pubs/clubs or areas where my 100w Marshall would actually get pushed enough to get the benefits of a driven Marshall. At least with a decent modeller, I can get close to the sound without the volume to annoy the neighbours.

Also GASsing for the new core line 594 Hollowbody ii's (in Fire Red Burst of course) to join the family and having recently (well January 2019) acquired my regular Hollowbody ii with Piezo with the same 58/15 LT's I 'could' hold out a bit longer on getting the 594 HBii - not that I have seen any 'core' line versions yet. Also having to try and let my bank balance recover from that massive hit it took as well - Guitars, especially ANY guitar I am seriously interested in are (or at least seem to be) very expensive in the UK.

You can never have too much choice - just not enough money to obtain or enough space to fit additional options. Whether that's different guitars (Cu24, Cu22, 594, 509, Silver Sky etc with solid, semi-hollow, hollow bodies), different Pick-ups (Single Coil, Humbucker (split or tapped as well as in/out of phase) P90's etc hot, low output etc), different pedals (no need to list the thousands or the different position options in the signal chain) or different amps/cabs/mics etc. All of this can and does offer us infinite choice to inspire and be creative with. Whether its a 'simple' Les Paul/594 straight into a cranked Marshall to a very complex set up with a multitude of pedals into a wet/dry/wet stereo combination and played on a bespoke guitar that was built to your own specific preferences (meaning you had the choice of woods, PU's, neck carve, fretboard and radius, scale length, what type of bridge, hardware etc etc) - there is so much choice that you can never have too much in your own gear. Your own collection will be significantly less choice than you could potentially acquire to inspire, to create something 'new' or recreate something old that you wanted to.

There is endless choice - some may say over whelming amount of choice that I would bet that very few people even get close to having every possible combination, that could recreate 'every' possible combination that we have heard and could hear - whether they would want to or not is a different matter. The point I was making though is that most people barely scratch the surface of what is possible as far as choice with gear and combinations of pedals, amps settings etc and as such, no one has 'too much' when compared to the 'potential' or possible choice available. As I said there is basically limitless choice available to us that means we can never have too much. Sometimes its good to just go back to basics - just a guitar and amp - again though that can still present a lot of potential choice over which guitar and the potential different options and configurations, which amp and/or speakers and the different channels and the various options to tweak the sound like gain, EQ, volume etc. Even going back to basics can provide a LOT of choice and a lot of different tones too. Just think about the amount of options and choices that Steve Vai has and how that can inspire him and how all the musicians and their choices can and have inspire others to chase that sound.

I think its wonderful to have so much choice, so much variation, so many options and an incredible diversity of sound from a wide range of musicians. I cannot think of another instrument that provides such diversity. Even without the countless pedals, the guitar itself provides such a massive range of options that will all sound different in the same Amp - especially if you use the volume to go from nice cleans to a crunch, use the tone as well to change the sound. The vast array of Electric Guitars offer a lot of choice and tonal variation - thus the most diverse instrument...

Yes we do.

Lol, I figured that would be the case, but didn't want to derail the thread without invite. :D

I'll apologize up front, and say that pics will have to wait 'til I get home today, but here's the background.

When I was "reassembling" the pedal board about a year ago (you all know what I mean), I decided that it annoyed me swapping things in and out. I also didn't like any of the commercial boards I found. The pedaltrain was the closest to what I was looking for, in that it could hold a bunch, I could stick a couple of power blocks underneath, and it had a decent case. The case is important for me, b/c I have little ones with roaming fingers. It's bad enough when I forget that I had it cranked up a bit, but it's REALLY annoying to stomp a pedal and find out that it's been dimed while I was away. So, I built that board, and a box that surrounds it. My two design ideas were a pretty straight-up ripoff of the Pedaltrain, and something that I envisioned as an old-school typewriter case. What you see in that pic is the board itself (4 walnut supports holding up the 6 ash cross pieces that have velcro on them) inside the bottom half of the mahogany case. I'll put the top on later and take a pic of the whole thing. The board was designed to hold "almost all of the pedals I may feel like using any given day"

Similarly, I don't like having to switch cabs & heads when I play, so I decided to build something to help with that too. I started by building a cab that LOOKS like a direct ripoff of an Orange 2x12, but put a Celestion Blue and a V30 in it. I originally made it switchable (mono & stereo), but it pretty much stays on stereo. Next, I realized I was constantly switching b/w any of 4 different heads (Marshall DSL20, Orange Terror 15, Fender SuperChamp). The last one is a Fender Acoustasonic that I chopped in half and made a head out of. I basically built a special-purpose bookshelf with switching controls in it. The bottom shelf is just a smidge larger than the 2x12, which sits in it, halfway up is a control section and a drawer, then 3 shelves above that for 3 heads, with the 4th sitting on top. On the control section front plate is a 1/4 jack, and 3 toggle switches. The jack is split inside to 3 1/4 plugs, each of which goes into one of ABC on a Morley switch, with all 3 channels always on. There's also a power strip/surge protector integrated, that all heads and everything is plugged into. From the Morley, there's output to one of 7 1/4 jacks that are attached to the backplate. 3 are those Morley input jacks, 3 are for head output, one is for cab output. Each of the Morley output is wired to a jack, there's a patch cable from each of those 3 to each of the upper shelves in the rack. Each shelf has a head, and that patch cable plugs in. Each head has an output patch cable that goes back down to the backplate, and plugs into one of the 3 head output jacks. Each head output jack is wired internally to one of the 20amp old-timey-looking toggle switch that's on the front plate. Lastly those three toggle switches are combined together, and wired to the cab output jack on the backplate. A patch cable from there to the 2x12 and it's done.
I know it sounds confusing, but it's pretty simple once you see it.

My bad, I forgot there were Army reading these boards. Next time I'll include crayon sketches. :p

You really wanna play this game? Here?
Everybody knows it's the empty jar heads eating crayons and washing them down with Elmer's fuc king school glue!

Don't make me start a meme war that you will not win! :D

[My favorite thing about the military, out of everything I have experienced, heard about, or witnessed from recruiting to ETS to today, has and always will be: Inter-service rivalry and banter. I love all my brothers. Except the fuc king puddle pirates.]

You really wanna play this game? Here?
Everybody knows it's the empty jar heads eating crayons and washing them down with Elmer's fuc king school glue!

Sorry, facts first:
Lowest ASVAB entry required of all the services: Army (31, compared to USMC 32)
Highest percentage of non-H.S. Graduates (GED waivers): Army (then Navy, then USMC, then USAF)

Click the links for proof

Don't make me start a meme war that you will not win! :D
Lol, bring it!! I've NEVER lost a meme war with a soldier.

[My favorite thing about the military, out of everything I have experienced, heard about, or witnessed from recruiting to ETS to today, has and always will be: Inter-service rivalry and banter. I love all my brothers. Except the fuc king puddle pirates.]
Agreed!!!

Here's a status photo of the beast in progress. I'm in way over my head with the MIDI in this system, but I am FLOORED at how clean and quiet the Gigrig power supply system is. It's not even there. I'm thrilled. I took a maiden voyage after setting a wet/dry rig up using the effects loop of the wet Dr. Z Maz 18 for delay and reverb, and pushing overdrives into the front of both the Maz and a Carr Telstar. All I can say is it's badass.

unnamed%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Back