Show your pedal boards here!

Great board!!! I like how you set that up, I do a similar thing with mine, running the top row into the loop.

Good call running that Soul Food as a boost into your amp. I was so sick of hearing about guys and their Klon style pedals all the time, blah blah blah... then I broke down and got one myself, and it’s the perfect boost! Tightens up bass, more mids, but not in the way a tubescreamer does, much less harsh. So now I’m one of THOSE guys.

I’ll have to check out the caverns as well, that looks like fun.

I honestly think that part of the Klon magic is how it handles the bass; it gets tighter because it reduces it, and the amp doesn't get as muddy; the amp also operates much more efficiently not having to deal with pushing out bass, the speakers don't flub, etc, etc.

But it also has just the right amount of grit, and the mids are just about perfect for a lot of amps. I say this as a guy who doesn't own one. So I've got no axe to grind.

But I did get a Klon for my son as a birthday present a couple of years ago, and it sounded great on his tour.

I honestly think that part of the Klon magic is how it handles the bass; it gets tighter because it reduces it, and the amp doesn't get as muddy; the amp also operates much more efficiently not having to deal with pushing out bass, the speakers don't flub, etc, etc.

But it also has just the right amount of grit, and the mids are just about perfect for a lot of amps. I say this as a guy who doesn't own one. So I've got no axe to grind.
Woohoo... Les-approved!! :rolleyes:

And I do have an axe to grind (or play)... quite a few actually, but not as many as most of you.

My pedalboard shots all managed to not appear any more. So I'm posting this for the umpteenth time since spring. Go figure!
Woohoo... Les-approved!! :rolleyes:

And I do have an axe to grind (or play)... quite a few actually, but not as many as most of you.

I don't have very many. Most here have tons more than me. I'm OK with that. Fewer string changes. ;)

But I did get a Klon for my son as a birthday present a couple of years ago, and it sounded great on his tour.

I got to play with a Klon clone for the first time a few weeks ago. I don't normally like pedals messing with the midrange, but it certainly did something very pleasant. I can definitely see why people like that style of pedal so much.

So for some reason my images keep being deleted. All my pedalboard shots have gone missing. I’m posting this again; shot of the pedalboard and amp recording setup. The little black box on top of the rack holding power conditioning stuff is Fulltone’s Tube Tape Echo; I think of it as part of my pedalboard setup, though it isn’t in the effects chain in this shot.

wuFw5Ka.jpg

Last edited:
So for some reason my images keep being deleted. All my pedalboard shots have gone missing. I’m posting this again; shot of the pedalboard and amp recording setup. The little black box on top of the rack holding power conditioning stuff is Fulltone’s Tube Tape Echo; I think of it as part of my pedalboard setup, though it isn’t in the effects chain in this shot.

wuFw5Ka.jpg

It’s a conspiracy, blame (insert your name of choice)!

Here is my current board, still have a few tweaks to make on it, such as adding in the compressor, and more than likely wireless in the upper right hand spot. Wish there was some way to make it lighter! :)

HMN8Uzk.jpg

Nice board! I actually took the tuner off my board to lighten it just a little, and started using the tuner in one of my H9s. The H9’s tuner is a little fussier to use, but it works well enough. Not much weight savings, but I figure every little bit helps.

I'm on the ledge about buying one of those EVH phasers.

You'll already know this, but it has the little button (top left) which basically turns it into a Phase 90 Script, so you kinda get two phasers in one. The trouble is, the H9 does a decent impression of it too, but I added that (H9) to be the pedal-I-haven't-got when needed.....and i've made an awesome algorithm for the intro to She Sells Sanctuary (which justifies its expense :confused:).

Back