Show your pedal boards here!

IMG_4661%20copy_zpsmr8kmtqa.jpg

My new downsized, decorated-by-my-kid board:

Tuner, gain, more gain, boost, delay/chorus, done. Been using this pedal lineup on an old board for several gigs and very happy. Finally mounted it all on the small board. Easy load in/out for the win!

Updated Pedal Board. The HOF Reverb was sold: too many settings just needed a Hall, Plate and Room, so got the Keeley Aurora for the HX/DA and to add variety to the Vibroking Spring Reverb too(turn the Mix down, then engage the Keeley). Added the loved/hated Boss CS-3, added a used MXR Uni-Vibe and use it with both the HX/DA and Vibroking(can also use it's Vibrato, turn the Intensity down, then engage the MXR). The Wampler BP is for the Vibroking, the HX/DA doesn't need anything to achieve Full British Nirvana, just crank it up. And finally the good old Boss DD-3 at the end of the chain, but it's off 95% of the time because of the Reverbs. No Amp Switching. I just move the output plug of the board to the other amp.

Last edited:
I mentioned in a previous post I had re-arranged my gigging boards to have the bigger one as my mainstay. I did a slight tweak, moving the clock to a better position, velcroed in place on a mini-riser I built:

20160820_152743_crop_1024_zpstpmxoydd.jpg

The wah is added inline to the dirt loop of the LS-2 via a couple of jacks I mounted to the front/underside of the board (I use a patch cable to jumper it when not using the wah):

20160831_214443_crop%20680_zpswgcavky1.jpg

But I soon came to a startling conclusion: I wasn't using the 720 looper when we gigged - it was primarily intended for when I gigged in a duo, but that hasn't happened in a long time, and if it ever did occur again, I would probably have room for a second board. So I took it off and re-arranged thusly, adding a Boss CS-3 (because I wanted to try a little compression after my wah after Les had mentioned he did that), and swapping in a different (better) fuzz: EQD Dream Crusher in place of the Donner Stylish Fuzz micro pedal:

20160831_214258_1024_zps9lirfbkr.jpg

This gave better front-row access to the main dirt pedals I would use, at the expense of the TARDIS and Dalek (which although not shown in the first photo had been located just in front of (behind?) the TR-2). The minion was lost in a horrible encounter with one of the dogs when it fell off the table and I didn't notice.

The assortment of pedals I had left over from the previous incarnations, plus the 720, were put into the small board (along with the TARDIS and Dalek):

20160902_155620_1024_zpsn4zftwcq.jpg

This attaches to the output of the main board, and is essentially just a modulation board for fun stuff. But the looper could be useful when playing as a duo or even trio, as previously mentioned.

But! The addition of the Compressor (CS-3) to the main board wasn't doing anything for me. For whatever reason it just didn't gel. Then I remembered that I wanted to experiment with adding an acoustic emulator pedal, Boss AC-2, in front of the Fishman, to emulate a piezo pickup guitar input into the modeler for when I wasn't actually using a piezo-equipped guitar! Voila:

20160902_155531_1024_zpsqzfstqcw.jpg

(Reversing the orientation of the AC-2 vs the CS-3 made sense connection-wise, and does help a bit with the ergonomics of accessing the treadle.)

So let's see how long this lasts! Bwa ha ha ha!

Last edited:
IMG_1536.jpg

This picture of my pedalboard is mostly so I can show off my new amp. :cool:

I like PRS... but the fact that they sell amps makes new gear days on this forum awkward....

I completely understand. I just redid my pedalboard a month or two ago to add a 3 amp switcher with jacks that need standard 1/4 inch plugs, and I had already made a decision to use Van den Hul cables with soldered plugs, not the small plugs I've had trouble with in the past. Trying to get it looking good drove me nuts, so I finally simply decided to leave well enough alone, let the wires do what they're gonna do, and here's the result. It's not beautiful, but it is very functional.

Yup. Plugs and cables slop over the top of the board and show everywhere. But the board is quiet and works great. What can ya do?

PS - I dug the tune you posted.
Awesome board, Les! I don't think the cables that are showing look bad at all. Would you mind typing your signal path? I'm curious to see how your order and there are a couple of effects there I can't make out.

I tweaked my (small) gigging board recently to gain better access to my looper, relegating the dirt pedal to the back row (because i switch between "electric" and "acoustic" modes on the fly, but rarely engage dirt on the electric mode on the fly - it tends to be between songs it gets dis/engaged. I even managed to squeeze the TARDIS back on and keep the clock! Everything is a little too tight, so nothing is perfectly aligned. My OCD may cause me to get more pancake patch cables to see if I can adjust to a neater solution.

EDIT: It occurred to me my last configuration wasn't posted here, so I include it for completeness. The Boss dirt (SD-1) and Donner Fuzz got yanked off and replaced with a mini RAT clone, and the Wally looper was replaced by the new-ish EHX 720, which gives me more control for live playing. And I added a Hotone pitch shifter so I can drop an octave or partial for certain songs if I don't have the baritone handy, and I can fake Eagles Hotel California outro solo harmonies.

Before:
PedalBoard_gigging_2016-01_1024_zpslefqvskf.jpg

After:
2016-03-03%2023.13.45_1024_zpsz9zgdaqp.jpg
Really nice! What's the distortion pedal you're using?

I could be happy the rest of my life with three pedals....Boss OD-3 Overdrive, Boss DM-2w Delay, and my trustee Boss TU-2 Tuner. I have WAY too many pedals and have been on the "Tone Quest" for years (to repair whatever mental illness I suffer from) and found that almost NOTHING sounds better than my OD-3 and DM-2. Seriously.

Awesome board, Les! I don't think the cables that are showing look bad at all. Would you mind typing your signal path? I'm curious to see how your order and there are a couple of effects there I can't make out.

Actually, I've made a couple of changes since that pic was posted, but I'll lay out the signal path. First a pic of the new configuration:

The signal from the guitar enters the pedalboard on an input jack built into the pedalboard. From there it hits the wah, because I like the pickups to interact with a wah before hitting a buffer. From the wah, it goes into a Suhr buffer; from the buffer the signal goes to the Suhr Kokoboost; then into a Fulltone OCD; from there to a Suhr Koji compressor; then it travels to the Suhr Jackrabbit tremolo; from the Jackrabbit to the Eventide H9 Max, and then to a Little Lehle true bypass switcher, whose loop connects to a GigRig Cinco-Cinco on the edge of the pedalboard for ease of connecting stuff that isn't on the board (mainly a Fulltone Tube Tape Echo, but there are others I use as well). The Little Lehle's signal then goes to a Lehle 1 at 3 SGoS, that switches between my three amplifiers, or it can also run more than one amp at a times, as it's programmable. The 1 at 3's outputs go to the jacks built into the board. So every connection on the board itself is self-contained, making setup very quick and simple without having to fiddle with the I/O on the individual pedals.

The cinco-cinco handles both TS and TRS connections, I can connect the switch box for the Mesa to it when I use that (I got the Mesa mainly for its Blackface tones, but every so often I use its lead channel; in truth, I much prefer the HXDA for lead tones, it isn't much of a contest, the DG and the HXDA handle most of the chores in my studio unless I need squeaky cleans or higher gain stuff, where the Mesa sometimes comes in handy).

There's no tuner on the pedalboard because I use the one built into the H9. The loop connections from the Lehle to the Cinco-cinco are temporary, which is why I haven't ordered more custom Van den Hul cables from Lava yet. I'm still working on final placement of the Cinco-cinco and Little Lehle.

The amps are PRS HXDA, PRS DG30, and Mesa Lone Star 100. So that's the signal path!

Last edited:
Here's mine. Signal path is SC245 to TC Electronic Polytune 2 to TC Electronic Sub 'N' Up to TC Electronic Nova Modulator to amp. FX Send to TC Electronic Flashback Delay to TC Electronic Hall of Fame Reverb to Boss RC-3 to FX Return.

I'm getting a JHS Modded Boss GE-7 to go after the tuner and a JHS modded Boss BD-2 to go after the Sub 'N' Up.

The first black box is an American Loopers Auxillary Switch I use with the RC-3. The second is a Throne Room Pedals amp Switcher I use in place of the amp one-button footswitch.

Power is a T-Rex Classic and the board is a T-Rex ToneTrunk 56.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, I've made a couple of changes since that pic was posted, but I'll lay out the signal path. First a pic of the new configuration:

The signal from the guitar enters the pedalboard on an input jack built into the pedalboard. From there it hits the wah, because I like the pickups to interact with a wah before hitting a buffer. From the wah, it goes into a Suhr buffer; from the buffer the signal goes to the Suhr Kokoboost; then into a Fulltone OCD; from there to a Suhr Koji compressor; then it travels to the Suhr Jackrabbit tremolo; from the Jackrabbit to the Eventide H9 Max, and then to a Little Lehle true bypass switcher, whose loop connects to a GigRig Cinco-Cinco on the edge of the pedalboard for ease of connecting stuff that isn't on the board (mainly a Fulltone Tube Tape Echo, but there are others I use as well). The Little Lehle's signal then goes to a Lehle 1 at 3 SGoS, that switches between my three amplifiers, or it can also run more than one amp at a times, as it's programmable. The 1 at 3's outputs go to the jacks built into the board. So every connection on the board itself is self-contained, making setup very quick and simple without having to fiddle with the I/O on the individual pedals.

The cinco-cinco handles both TS and TRS connections, I can connect the switch box for the Mesa to it when I use that (I got the Mesa mainly for its Blackface tones, but every so often I use its lead channel; in truth, I much prefer the HXDA for lead tones, it isn't much of a contest, the DG and the HXDA handle most of the chores in my studio unless I need squeaky cleans or higher gain stuff, where the Mesa sometimes comes in handy).

There's no tuner on the pedalboard because I use the one built into the H9. The loop connections from the Lehle to the Cinco-cinco are temporary, which is why I haven't ordered more custom Van den Hul cables from Lava yet. I'm still working on final placement of the Cinco-cinco and Little Lehle.

The amps are PRS HXDA, PRS DG30, and Mesa Lone Star 100. So that's the signal path!
Very cool. Thanks for taking the time to write it out! I always learn so much when I read why people set up their boards the way that they do.

Very cool. Thanks for taking the time to write it out! I always learn so much when I read why people set up their boards the way that they do.

I'm like you, I'm always learning, too!

I should have mentioned that the reason I use the OCD - I've had a few of them, and keep coming back to it - is because while it isn't the world's greatest OD for each amp, it's the only OD I've found that I like with all 3 of my amps; most ODs don't do that well with Marshall style amps, plus Fender style amps, etc. I found that the Kokoboost stacks well into it when I run the OCD with its gain set low also.

So that was kind of a nice discovery, and why it's after the boost on my board.

I'm like you, I'm always learning, too!

I should have mentioned that the reason I use the OCD - I've had a few of them, and keep coming back to it - is because while it isn't the world's greatest OD for each amp, it's the only OD I've found that I like with all 3 of my amps; most ODs don't do that well with Marshall style amps, plus Fender style amps, etc. I found that the Kokoboost stacks well into it when I run the OCD with its gain set low also.

So that was kind of a nice discovery, and why it's after the boost on my board.
Man, I'm rethinking the BD-2. The OCD is one I'm really looking at. The other I like is the TC Electronic Spark Booster. Have you played it? It's a great color and harmonic added for clean and driven tones, and can get into low gain overdrive on it's own.

Maybe I need a bigger pedal board and should just get both ;)

Do you, or does anyone reading this, use an EQ pedal at all? My practice amp is a Blackstar HT-5R. Low wattage, tube, effects loops, 2 channels, decent line out, and MP3 in. But the clean tone is pretty lacking and there are only gain and 1 tone control for it. I'm hoping an eq pedal could liven the clean tone up and potentially add more clarity to the full on distorted sound.

Back