Show your pedal boards here!

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Raymond, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Woundtight

Woundtight New Member

JFB, if you are torn between the J. Rockett Tim Pierce and the KTR, maybe you should try the The Archer?

2. Woundtight

Woundtight New Member

Yeah, a delay pedal is needed in that spot! Maybe a Carbon Copy or Deep Blue Delay?

3. jfb

jfb Plank Owner

I'd probably just buy both and leave the EP and Bogner off the board. The Tim Pierce pedal has a boost and a gain function. I figure the boost probably covers EP territory and when I want more gain I can stack two or more buttons from the Klon and Tim Pierce. I run pretty low gain to be honest so I am sure this will be enough for 90% of the time. I have other rigs for the heavies.

4. Boogie

Boogie Zombie Two, DFZ

That Archer is supposed to be the real deal, if you're looking for a gold Klon. Haven't looked at the price, though. Otherwise, the KTRs sound really good to me.

5. Woundtight

Woundtight New Member

I have the J. Rockett Led Boots and I love that boost feature. My dream pedal from J. Rockett would be The Archer with the boost from Led Boots built in.

6. jfb

jfb Plank Owner

Get the Tim Pierce and let me know?! :tongue:

7. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

Don't get what I have - I don't want anyone else sounding like me! :top:

8. bricel24

bricel24 New Member

I've gone through boards from compact to large over the last few months experimenting with different setups but I *think* this current one is gonna be for while.

[​IMG]

9. dergit

dergit ze German

Here's one from the road... :)

[​IMG]

Outlier22 likes this.
  10. Woundtight

Woundtight New Member

11. prsrocker1988

prsrocker1988 New Member

12. Goldfixer

Goldfixer Is it football season yet?

Just added the Archer Ikon last night, I think I'm really going to like it......
    [​IMG]

13. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

I really dig the creativity in putting together all these boards, guys. Everyone's a bit different, which is so cool.

14. RowanSE

RowanSE New Member

Basic but makes my music glands twitch.. Golden plexi is an overdrive and the Angel wings is a chorus.

[​IMG]

15. cayle

cayle New Member

It's been quite a while since I last posted here. Here's my pedalboard. The aluminum box on the top left is a buffer and an amplifier channel switcher in one. I modified the Arion based on the EWS mod (according to the mod source).

Guitar > CAE Wah > Barber Half Gainer > Toneczar Openhaus > Arion SCHZ (modded) > Diamond ML Jr > Buffer > Amp

[​IMG]

16. Dusty Chalk

Dusty Chalk alberngruppenf├╝hrer

I just picked up two new pedals today: a Wampler Dual Fusion and an Earthquaker Devices Dunes. Right now my board itself looks like this, though:
    [​IMG]

17. IRG

IRG New Member

These boards intrigue me. I want one, but I will NOT use zip ties on my pedals. I still prefer velcro, although I'd zip tie my power supply I guess. But I like the shape of this board for sure.

18. Dusty Chalk

Dusty Chalk alberngruppenf├╝hrer

Dammit, I forgot to get zip ties. Again! (I forgot to order them from him when I bought it, and I've been out to the store several times since.)

Well, the whole point of the holes is for the zip ties, so if you're not going to use zip ties, I'd talk to the guy about getting blanks, but not sure he'd charge you any less (he might, shouldn't hurt to ask). I know of no similar "hackable" Ikea products, but you may want to double check that. Alternatively, maybe just go to Home Depot or Lowe's and ask for something similar. Do you need the second level?

Yeah, the layout is brilliant, especially for the Big Kahuna model that I got.

I also thought about using zip ties in a way that doesn't cover the top (I sympathize with your concern), like drilling holes through the bottom and running them through the body.

19. CoreyT

CoreyT PRS Addiction

I have seen that board in ads in the guitar mags as of late.

20. solacematt

solacematt New Member

I've been wanting a company to make a board this shape for a while but they never seem to be long enough or have a built in power supply like a Furman board that can handle pedals that you need to use a power supply for. It's actually a singer friendly board sized board when you really think about it because you don't need to stack pedals. A hard case would be cool too. Maybe reaching a bit here, haha