Show your one-offs

Em7

deus ex machina
Here's my one-off 2011 CU24. The guitar originally shipped with speed knobs. I prefer lampshades.

MODCAT: CUM4QTHTIIT_CC_GH-VV

MODEL: Custom
TOP WOOD: Maple
FRETS: 24 frets
TOP SPEC: Quilt
TOP SPEC: Ten-top
NECK WOOD: Mahogany
NECK CARVE: Wide Thin
FINGERBOARD WOOD: Indian Rosewood
INLAY: Birds (08)
BRIDGE: Tremolo
COLOR: Custom Color (Burnt Orange Tigerburst)
HARDWARE: Gold
TREBLE PU: HFS
MIDDLE PU: not applicable
BASS PU: Vintage Bass
ELECTRONICS: 5 Way Blade (5-way implementation of the rotary switch wiring)

oneoffcu24-2.jpg

oneoffcu24-3.jpg

oneoffcu24-4.jpg

oneoffcu24-5.jpg

oneoffcu24-6.jpg

Sweet guitar, Em7.

Here's mine. Already posted elsewhere, but since you asked for one-offs, here you go...

Blue Crab Blue Custom 22 with set maple neck, cocobolo fingerboard, uncovered 59/09's, natural back, but no natural "binding".

Plus the truss rod cover says "Custom 24" even though it's a 22. For some weird reason, I like that.

Link said:
Plus the truss rod cover says "Custom 24" even though it's a 22. For some weird reason, I like that.

I do not know how one-offs come about, but many are kind of like FrankenPRSi. As one can clearly see, my one-off has an odd MODCAT for a 2011 model year guitar.

A few Core 1-offs. None are PSs.

Solid English Walnut body (marblecaked and feather crotch):

First maple burl top (CU24):

Core claro walnut back (McCarty). (This guitar was originally supposed to have a pink ivory top, but turned out not large enough and I traded it to Paul for a quilted maple top):

First 2 spalted maple PRSi:

Last edited:
I was told by Brian that this is a one of one.

Its a Wood Library McCarty Trem with a flame maple neck, quilt top and ribbon mahogany in Charcoal Cherry Burst. I've seen many like it with flame top, or hardtail. And a few "Fatback", but not a McCarty.

oFaMKGD.jpg

oj4VpRl.jpg

How about a one-off certificate. I think I only like the guitar slightly more than the certificate. :p
kA3fgan.png

Speaking of certificates, I’ve had nearly irresistible de-clutter urges to toss my PS certificates, hang tags, and the stuff that comes in various guitar cases (except the tools).

I used to joke about setting my hang tags on fire in a video, just to be even more annoying than I already am. I only started saving all that stuff when internet used gear selling became a thing and people made having it a ‘feature’.

Makes me feel like a pack rat to keep it all, though for now I still do.

“Look, still has the old tagger on it, never been played...l

Back