Show your Mira!

Presenting my latest Mira: a 2010 in Antique White... this is the 5th Mira I've owned and my third "keeper", pictured here with it's two siblings... This one just plays sooooo well!

a6KFMbM.jpg

and here's a shot with my 2011 Vintage White Starla...

x7t11nC.jpg

Last edited:
Presenting my latest Mira: a 2010 in Aged White... this is the 5th Mira I've owned and my third "keeper", pictured here with it's two siblings... This one just plays sooooo well!

a6KFMbM.jpg

and here's a shot with my 2011 Vintage White Starla...

x7t11nC.jpg
Nice family! Dig antique white.

Yes, definitely! No need to disconnect any wires. Just cover the top of your guitar with a towel or two to protect the top.

What John said. I used the exact same procedure to put a set of Smoked Black Nickel covers on my SE 30th Anniversary CU 24. Added black rings and trem tip to go with the ebony fretboard. The covers changed the tone of the HFS/VB pups in a most pleasing (to me) way. I really need to do a better picture than this.

SE_30th_CU24_DkCherry_zpsgo7yfowm.jpg

Here's my contribution! Less than two months old now for me, here's a 2008 Mira in probably my favorite opaque color, Wild Mint. (And it's also pretty minty besides!)
I've always wanted to try an original Mira, and so I took somewhat of a chance on an online sale. (So far, my online success rate is about 95% over the years, just by shopping carefully).
No worries, though, for it sounds and plays fantastic! It's interesting what the thinner, all-mahogany body yields tonally, and I really love the coil-tap settings, too.
I also like the simpler Moon inlays here, in my opinion and for me, possibly a bit more in keeping with what appears to be a "simpler" PRS. Really happy with my Mira!

OvCsb24.jpg

fltbYgH.jpg

UVEox3o.jpg

J2eDCXh.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really liking the look of the chrome-covered pickups and might spring for those soon.
My only concern would be as to how (and if) they would affect the overall tone. I love the tone of my Mira, but I'm also concerned with making it any darker-sounding.
Any experience, before-and-after, from anyone? I also gather that all covers ain't all the same in composition, so any recommendations of specific brands/sites would be appreciated.

I`d suggest Philadelphia Luthier Tools. Their 49.2 covers fit my CE 24 very nicely. I also used a 49.2 neck & 50.1 bridge on 2 SE`s. The covers are USA made out of nickel silver. The top is a little less shrill and the bottom comes up a little after I put the covers on my guitars. It does change the sound noticeably to my ears. If you like the current sound of your guitar, I`d suggest you not put the covers on. I have a couple of PRSi`s that sounded just great without the covers. The others were covered on purpose.

Thanks for the advice. So, did you end up getting two different sizes for your CE24 -or-matching?
And I had been thinking more as a visual mod—assuming there wouldn't be much difference tonally—so maybe I'll think twice now before I go the covered route. I definitely like the sound of my Mira, as is, so...
Thanks, again!

I`d suggest Philadelphia Luthier Tools. Their 49.2 covers fit my CE 24 very nicely. I also used a 49.2 neck & 50.1 bridge on 2 SE`s. The covers are USA made out of nickel silver. The top is a little less shrill and the bottom comes up a little after I put the covers on my guitars. It does change the sound noticeably to my ears. If you like the current sound of your guitar, I`d suggest you not put the covers on.
On the advice of Cantankerous Carl, I got both covers the same size for my core CE24. My luthier was very happy with how they fit. The Se`s definitely took 2 different sizes. This was also on the recommendation of other forum members. There`s some good advice to be had here.

Very cool. I dig the Mira, I need one at some point. I should really get a soapie to fill more than one void.

Back