Show your F holes.

Rocguitar......

An explanation is needed, what is this? She is amazing! I can't wait to show my F hole, but how do you follow this???

Currently this is my Personal go to Guitar...

JD, that one is WAY cool, although if it were mine it would have a second volume control. That's the key to the kingdom, sound-wise, on a two-humbucker guitar IMO, especially one with F-holes.

While we're looking at and talking about f-holes, here's an interesting alternative that was inspired by my Ken Parker Archtop. Matt Artinger built this prototype of what has become one of his regular models, the Convertible. It is so named because there's a piece of top/side that is a cover for the hole -- it's held in place by a few tiny rare earth magnets. So you have the option of semi-hollow or chambered. (the inside is more or less like a 335, with a block down the center that is glued to the top and back) I played one a couple of weeks ago that actually has two of the convertible ports, one on each side of the guitar.

1524189_631673580220268_1722014471_o.jpg

Here's what it looks like with the cover in place.

704711_517449178309376_1314077771_o.jpg

While we're looking at and talking about f-holes, here's an interesting alternative that was inspired by my Ken Parker Archtop. Matt Artinger built this prototype of what has become one of his regular models, the Convertible. It is so named because there's a piece of top/side that is a cover for the hole -- it's held in place by a few tiny rare earth magnets. So you have the option of semi-hollow or chambered. (the inside is more or less like a 335, with a block down the center that is glued to the top and back) I played one a couple of weeks ago that actually has two of the convertible ports, one on each side of the guitar.

1524189_631673580220268_1722014471_o.jpg

Here's what it looks like with the cover in place.

704711_517449178309376_1314077771_o.jpg
Very cool! Are they grommetted somehow? I'd be worried about them rattling sympathetically or something, but not enough not to pursue the matter -- I love the idea of a convertible.

Very cool! Are they grommetted somehow? I'd be worried about them rattling sympathetically or something, but not enough not to pursue the matter -- I love the idea of a convertible.

The rare earth magnets do a great job of holding the cover in place. I've never noticed any sympathetic rattling. It does require some attention (not much) to get the cover properly seated. I'm not sure it would be a great idea to try to do it in the middle of your Big Solo, ya know? :wink:

That said, I think on more recent versions the cover is a sliding tray rather than a piece that disattaches. Things that disattach tend to become lost. As most Telecaster owners can tell you.

Since this has moved away from purely PRS content I'd like to show my newest guitar, a semi hollow Flaxwood Liekki out of Finland. So as not to offend anyone I've also included my Paul's Guitar. .

image.jpg7_2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P1000011.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
I love that Ken Parker archtop. One of these days, I will work up the nerve to purchase one...

This one's not mine yet, but I just put a downpayment on it, so it will be:
PRS-HB2-ART-218550-main_1024x1024.jpg
Came in today. You weren't kidding about the sustain on these.

(Not shown: black paisley case.)

Back