Show Your EG...

I finally got a chance to snap some pictures today! She's a little unique because she has the Phase I locking tuners instead of non-locking Schallers, and a previous owner swapped out the stock Seymour Duncan Quarter-Pounders for a set of tortoiseshell-topped Rio Grandes. The neck and middle positions have vintage-voiced non-staggered Tallboys, and the bridge has a high-output (check out the pole pieces!) Muy Grande that has similar DC resistance to a PAF and sounds like a quacky 50s treble if I dial back the volume a bit, and warmer and snarlier like a P-90 with the volume full on.

IMG_1643_zps9brpzee3.jpg

IMG_1645_zpsub9ibxks.jpg

IMG_1648_zpse60bzzcu.jpg

I found this thread while doing a web search and just joined so I could reply. Cool to see so many people who understand the virtues of these unique axes. I first discovered them in the mid 90s when I was shopping for a strat, and by the time I decided to buy one they were no longer being made. Ouch! The next year I ran across a unique mash-up: a Custom 22 with EG3 Fralin dominos, a one-off made for a NAMM show. That was my first PRS, and since then I've found 4 EGs (3 pictured below) with various pickup configs, and a CE22. Of them all, the EG3 in the top center is my favorite recording guitar, but each one has its own thing.

Smith_Family_Portrait2.jpg

My newest EG3 (not pictured) is a Grey/Black Burst that I bought on Ebay. Unfortunately the prior owner was a heavy smoker and I am still looking for a way to get the smell out - it makes me sneeze to play.

Thanks guys, glad to be here. BTW, today I noticed a black Series I EG with HSS pickups for come up for sale on GC's website for $699 - in case anyone's looking.

Laslow, I bought a beautiful SAS with a heavy mildew smell. It had been left In a damp basement for God knows how long. The original owner had passed away and the family found it in the basement. I left it on a stand outside on a porch for a day. Then I took it apart and cleaned it scrupulously. It then went to my luthier who took it apart and recleaned everything. After setup, I put it in an SE gig bag (always do) with a leather scented car air freshener taped to the part of the case under the headstock. I`m allergic to a lot, but not the air freshener. 6 months later, it smells very nicely, and it`s the first guitar I grab for most gigs.

It's not letting me access my drive to load up the image. It's asking for URL

You have to host the pics from an image site like Photobucket, Flikr, etc. once you upload them there, you can use the Img button in the tool bar, or just copy/paste from said site.

That, my friend, is EXACTLY the way I want to do an EG. For now I have to be satisfied with an SE EG in the house. BADAZZZZ!

Cool thread... I had one of these elusive beasts in the '90s for a couple years... here's the only two pics I could find of it...

prs_eg2.jpg
prs_eg2_bod.jpg

I loved the guitar but hated the colour... let it go pretty much only because of the colour... I've regretted it ever since; should have refinished it...

Back