Show Yer Pedalbored

The Key9 is a blast. If you want to sound like a keyboard player, it takes some serious technique (which I don't have) but it makes some fantastic sounds. It's great for doubling a lead with some keys tones...or steel drums! I use the "Mallet" setting a lot creating loops too.

Very happy with the Julia, wide range of sounds. The base chorus sound is excellent, and when you start to dial into trem territory you can get good and subaquatic. My only complaint is the damn LEDs could blind you. Like, so bright I can't actually see the rest of my board. Hence the painters tape "dimmers" :D
I might give the Key9 a go. I'm always looking for odd pedals that do unique things. Reminds me of the EH Ravish Sitar. I'd love to mess around with that.

I hear ya on the LEDs. The Signa Drive does the same thing. Anyways...the Julia sounds pretty sweet, definitely looking at finding one at the right price. Right now I have a Visual Sound v2 Liquid Chorus (not pictured but actually quite good), and a Carl Martin Stereo Chorus. The CM line of pedals is pretty good, but....they use a standard 120v outlet for power. I don't know why, but they do.

Ok, this is how it was before ;)

Is that the Henry mod?

This is the outdated version. About six months old

Even the newest version is outdated at this moment. I have decided to drop the DM-2 and the HoF and replace them with Boss RV-5 Reverb. I don't use the Nordland OD either, and just looking in to incorporating Synergy modular system into my rig. Some new switches are on the way too

Tidy.

@LSchefman approves this message.

This one’s current. It’s pretty nice. This combination of pedals has been working well.

I know what you’re thinking: A more truly committed obsessive would never have re-used those red Van den Hul cables from a previous board. Yes, I should be ashamed of myself.

But functionally it ain’t broke, so I ain’t fixin’ it.

7TVIKPg.jpg

This one’s current. It’s pretty nice. This combination of pedals has been working well.

I know what you’re thinking: A more truly committed obsessive would never have re-used those red Van den Hul cables from a previous board. Yes, I should be ashamed of myself.

But functionally it ain’t broke, so I ain’t fixin’ it.

7TVIKPg.jpg
Very nice. I'm curious about the Pettyjohn stuff. Never heard of them till now.

Very nice. I'm curious about the Pettyjohn stuff. Never heard of them till now.
Their philosophy is a little different from most. It works foe me, but might not work for most players. They're a very small company, and do limited runs for the most part lately.

Their pedals use studio-grade internal components instead of what's in most guitar pedals. They have a different kind of sound than one might expect of a pedal.

From left to right, the dark blue pedal is an EQ with semi-parametric high and low bands optimized for frequencies engineers tend to EQ for guitars in the studio.

The maroon one is a low gain overdrive intended to be similar to a Vox.

But it has an EQ tilt control where to the left the bass goes up and treble goes down, and to the right, the treble goes up and the bass goes down; you can sweep between Germanium and LED diodes and blend them; there's a boost control; and a high pass filter with two selectable cutoff points. So it's pretty flexible. I opted for the optional discrete op-amps instead of the Burr Brown IC that's standard.

The light blue pedal is a preamp with a buffer, a boost, an EQ that can be selected for always in use, or in use only with the boost circuit. It adds some vibe to the sound, and the buffer circuit is wonderful. My guitar hits that pedal first in the chain.

The silver one on the right is another low gain overdrive that leans toward a Tweed sound. It's a simpler design than the other three, but still has the goodies inside. I opted for one with a vintage diode that sounds a little warmer, and again, the discrete op-amps.

They've come out with newer versions of these pedals since I got them, and they're not making the silver one any more.

The buffer is designed to be always on, even when the pedal is turned off. It's a transparent, real deal, studio tool. I use the EQ almost all the time. I don't use much overdrive, but these sound great, retain stuff from the guitar that most overdrives turn to mush, and when I need overdrive they're pretty nice.

Anyway, this JHS video is worth watching if you want to know more:

So I use two Nano Pedaltrain boards one into the front of the Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister 36 with a Blackstar 2x12 cab (stock speakers) and one into the effects loop. So far I'm pretty satisfied however the MXR Phase 90 doesn't have the right level for what I'm looking for as it's to loud in the mix. I'm going to build two wooden bases so I can carry these like a brief case and set up fairly quickly. No gigs in the immediate future but I'm fine tuning and very happy with the sounds I'm getting. I tend to use a Custom 24 or CE-24 both with 59/09's and have pretty much dialed in the sounds I like/want. I'm also still working with the Harmony pedal to make it useful for say those Thin Lizzy or Boston sounds otherwise I use the Detune effect like a chorus. It's a recent project and I'm still perfecting it. One note that I kind of laugh at myself for is the the Exotic SP compressor. That replaced an EP booster that I would tout as everyone should have one and mine now sits on a shelf in my music room. Again it just had to much boost even on a zero setting for me. Oh and not so much because of a sound difference but because I can I have one of my TC Electronics Flashback delays using 18v one using 9v just to experiment.

Back