Show Us YOUR Youtube Vids, Soundcloud, Band Webpage Links, Etc...

OK, just one more of my own tunes...

This was the first tune that I composed and recorded myself for a guitar comp. I didn't have a decent recording setup at the time and was just testing the water but it came out ok. The backing track is a little cheesy sounding as I only had a cheap Yamaha keyboard at the time to compose the backing track with. It was the only way I could get drums and bass recorded. Thankfully, i've moved on since then! :) Oh, didn't even make it into the top 100 in the comp, but that's ok... It got me into recording!

Nice chops Mike! I'd love to see a video of you using a PRS

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice chops Mike! I'd love to see a video of you using a PRS

Cheers Shawn, Was hoping to do a lot more vids with the Bernie this year but not had the time. Only got the demo and a couple of jams, including this one:

It looks like i'll have more free time to do some music next year, so hopefully some new stuff with the Bernie and the new SE C24! Can't wait! :)

Here's a proper video I did with my old band, its a hell of a lot heavier than the 'A Thousand Enemies' live vid I posted and sadly before I owned a PRS...

I'm gonna try and do some 'solo' videos in the new year.

Here's a video demo of ECOL #004.

And one of the semi-hollow Collection (#041)

I've done several other videos that are posted under "kingsleydgtr."

Here's a demo of a tune for a new CD I'm hoping to get done in 2013.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=939428&songID=12025507

If you go to the artist page there's a bunch of random stuff.

Here's my first CD, available @ CDBaby, Amazon, and iTunes. Mostly acoustic, kinda new-agey although I'm not thrilled with that genre in general.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/durantk

Here's a video demo of ECOL #004.

And one of the semi-hollow Collection (#041)

I've done several other videos that are posted under "kingsleydgtr."

Here's a demo of a tune for a new CD I'm hoping to get done in 2013.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=939428&songID=12025507

If you go to the artist page there's a bunch of random stuff.

Here's my first CD, available @ CDBaby, Amazon, and iTunes. Mostly acoustic, kinda new-agey although I'm not thrilled with that genre in general.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/durantk

Sweet licks, very tastefully played, and a very cool tone Kingsley!

Here's a couple videos for my band that I just left... My last show with them was this past weekend. Hope you guys enjoy them

"Asunder"

This is "Mary" from our set at Charter's Center Stage 2012

Very tasty!

Cheers Shawn, Was hoping to do a lot more vids with the Bernie this year but not had the time. Only got the demo and a couple of jams, including this one:

It looks like i'll have more free time to do some music next year, so hopefully some new stuff with the Bernie and the new SE C24! Can't wait! :)

Excellent, well constructed solo! And welcome! :)

Thank you so much for your kind words. The most interesting feedback is the one you get from other musicians, right?!
So many other impressive vids here, so I guess I`ll spend some time in this forum.
Just one question: Is there actually anything wrong/strange in our text or even in the band name for you as a native speaker?
All the best from Germany

You're band name is great!...I'm more curious as to what you think the problem is??...I spent some time in Bavaria and it is without doubt the best place on the planet!..Octoberfest blew my mind...good times!!

You're band name is great!...I'm more curious as to what you think the problem is??...I spent some time in Bavaria and it is without doubt the best place on the planet!..Octoberfest blew my mind...good times!!

Thanks Boogie123 that helps a lot. I just asked because we thought months about it and it's quite hard to find a good name that doesn't sound odd for a native speaker as well.
Cool, that you've already spent some time in Germany - many Germans want to live in the great US instead, guess it's kind of "you always want what you can't have"...but that's way to philosophical for this thread :)

No problem....I could think of nothing worse than living in America to be honest...its OK for a short holiday but Ireland is hard to beat :top::box:

Thanks Boogie123 that helps a lot. I just asked because we thought months about it and it's quite hard to find a good name that doesn't sound odd for a native speaker as well.
Cool, that you've already spent some time in Germany - many Germans want to live in the great US instead, guess it's kind of "you always want what you can't have"...but that's way to philosophical for this thread :)

Dublin in way better now than it used to be..a lot of improvements have been made in the last few years to the city centre.

Going to Ireland next year methinks. Will do the obvious and go to Dublin and possibly visit my uncle who lives in Charlestown.

Yeah, my Uncle was saying. he's been going for years on and off before deciding to settle in Ireland. He got engaged there and said it's changed a lot since his last visit.

Can't believe i've not been before, it's only a ferry trip from L'pool.

I'll be hanging with Thin Lizzy on Monday as I tech for The Quireboys sometimes and they are supporting them! ;)

Back