Show Us YOUR Youtube Vids, Soundcloud, Band Webpage Links, Etc...

Just a quick background about myself. Been playing drums since 1995 at age 15. I recently picked up guitar in 2013 that's my main focus as of now.

With that said. Here's a really high quality drum playthrough video of my last band SHORES OF OLYMPUS! :)

Just a quick background about myself. Been playing drums since 1995 at age 15. I recently picked up guitar in 2013 that's my main focus as of now.

With that said. Here's a really high quality drum playthrough video of my last band SHORES OF OLYMPUS! :)

Very nice!

heh, I like the cookie monster vocals, but I'm a huge death/black/core metal guy, even screamo. Just has to be done well (like all music styles, which is why I like pretty well all music styles). Also, should the vocals actually be decipherable, it is best they make sense and not sound like nonsense or worse, bloated over-the-top poorly rhymed swords-and-sorcerers fantasy.

I posted this on TGP in the Strictly Fuzz thread, but I'll post here for all of your amusement too:

Gonna try linking a Soundcloud upload of some random fuzzy soundscape stuff I did last weekend. It comes across as somewhat Splatt(David Torn)-inspired, and I will admit his stuff inspires me to do this kinda thing, but I've been making weird stuff like this for decades (without a looper until recently), just never realized others would ever want to hear it. And maybe you don't. heh.

https://soundcloud.com/steve-hinksman/fuzzguitar1-2016-07-04

(btw, why isn't Soundcloud one of the usual Media types that can be embedded? Other fora have it...)

Guitar was my recently-acquired PRS McKorina Soapy. Love those raw sounding soapbars!

Fuzz supplied by Earthquaker Devices Dream Crusher, with some extra dirt from Keeley Oxblood, Joyo TS-9 clone, and a RAT clone. Other effects include Boss TR-2, Catalinbread Echorec, Boss RV-3, Neunaber Seraphim, and a bunch of the other random stuff on the boards like my Phase 100, BF-2, Phasevibe, and Hotone Harmony. Looper is an EHX 720.

Miked with an SM57, with a little treble EQ boost in post because I felt I didn't hit the sweet spot.

The "amp" was a Fishman Acoustic, with a Joyo Clean Glass as amp emulator. Basically my gigging rig, since I play over 50% acoustic live, and there is no way I have stage space for two amps. Maybe next time I will use my Archon. But I do like working with my gigging rig, as it pushes my familiarity with what I usually do with it vs what I can do with it.

I post not to have you all ooh and aah over it, but to just get it out there, and experiment with Soundcloud. And to encourage others to post better stuff. Heh, should be easy enough!

Very nice!

heh, I like the cookie monster vocals, but I'm a huge death/black/core metal guy, even screamo. Just has to be done well (like all music styles, which is why I like pretty well all music styles). Also, should the vocals actually be decipherable, it is best they make sense and not sound like nonsense or worse, bloated over-the-top poorly rhymed swords-and-sorcerers fantasy.
Over the top of course!!!! It's metal! :)

Back