SHOW US YOUR SILVER SKY MODS!!!!

Reach out to Dan at Mojoaxe for the pickguard. Not sure about the knobs or selector.
Thanks, I will check them out. I just remembered though that the bright white pickup covers would then clash with a mint green pickguard and there do not seem to be any easy options there. Hey - you gotta love how it all looks as well as sounds...right!? No matter - my other 3 Strats all have mint green so a bit or variety is OK. ;-)

HQqcJMz.jpg

I like this!
That's cool. What type of gold foil pickups?

Does anyone know if the stratocaster plastic pickup covers fit the PRS pickups and pickguard?

the covers appear to be bonded to the baseplate. There’s also a cutout at the base of the cover for the wiring. Dimensionally I’ve not measured, but I’m guessing there’s a reason you can buy replacements for every other plastic bit except the covers. Though you could potentially be crafty and rig something up I suppose.

Thanks, I will check them out. I just remembered though that the bright white pickup covers would then clash with a mint green pickguard and there do not seem to be any easy options there. Hey - you gotta love how it all looks as well as sounds...right!? No matter - my other 3 Strats all have mint green so a bit or variety is OK. ;-)
Some variety is always good.

Lets get this question out of the way: Yes, I am crazy!

One of one...? I can't imagine that I'm the only one who's done an HH conversion to a Silver Sky.
I also have a Midnight Rose HSS Silver Sky (Will post once I get it back from my guitar tech).
I had a Golden Mesa which I sold last year. It had minor mods.
Who else has modified a Silver Sky?

DODGEM BLUE SS PARTS:
•PRS Vintage Locking Tuners
• PRS CORE Saddles
• Bass 58/15 MT & Treble \M/ Pickups
• Emerson Custom Prewired kit With Added Push-Pull Tone Pots
•Emerson - Oaks Grigsby 3 Way Switch
•Mojoaxe Pearl HH Pickguard

Dood!
What pickup was/is in the bridge of the golden mess?
Did you have to alter the pick guard or did the new p’up fit without any alteration?
All those pics are lovely, by the way

Lets get this question out of the way: Yes, I am crazy!

One of one...? I can't imagine that I'm the only one who's done an HH conversion to a Silver Sky.
I also have a Midnight Rose HSS Silver Sky (Will post once I get it back from my guitar tech).
I had a Golden Mesa which I sold last year. It had minor mods.
Who else has modified a Silver Sky?

DODGEM BLUE SS PARTS:
•PRS Vintage Locking Tuners
• PRS CORE Saddles
• Bass 58/15 MT & Treble \M/ Pickups
• Emerson Custom Prewired kit With Added Push-Pull Tone Pots
•Emerson - Oaks Grigsby 3 Way Switch
•Mojoaxe Pearl HH Pickguard

That does look great, and I've thought about it but haven't done it and probably won't.

I might put some Duncan Antiquity Surfers in one of my two SE Silver Skys, just to give one a little different sound.

Last edited:
Where are you guys getting replacement pickguards from? If. for example, I wanted to put a pair of paf humbuckers in a SE Silver Sky, where would I go for a custom pickguard? I don't know if I'm going todo that, but it would be good to know.

I have only set the trem to float , put on 9.5-44s and this
Which saddles did you use that 100% interests me for both the Fiore and Silver Skys
I dig the truss cover. Where did you get it from?

The standard PRS Tremolo saddles from the accessory site are the ones I use. Same as any CORE trem saddles. I recommend them. Feels better on the palm.

That does look great, and I've thought about it but haven't done it and probably won't.

I might put some Duncan Antiquity Surfers in one of my two SE Silver Skys, just to give one a little different sound.
Do it! I was actually really surprised how good the SE sounds. I actually have a modified HSS SE as well. I'll have to do an updated post with my two new SS projects.

Where are you guys getting replacement pickguards from? If. for example, I wanted to put a pair of paf humbuckers in a SE Silver Sky, where would I go for a custom pickguard? I don't know if I'm going todo that, but it would be good to know.
I have all my SS pickguards made by Dan at Mojoaxe. Here's his contact info: [email protected]

He'll soon have backplates available for CORE Silver Sky's after he recives mine to reproduce a template.

I dig the truss cover. Where did you get it from?

The standard PRS Tremolo saddles from the accessory site are the ones I use. Same as any CORE trem saddles. I recommend them. Feels better on the palm.
I made the Truss Rod Cover , 3 sheets of maple veneer glued together , cut it close with an exacto knife sanded to fit, finished with clear nail polish as any spray on finish warped the veneer

Back