Show us your Santanas!

Comparing the body shape of a Santana model to the normal PRS body shape, I can obviously see that the upper horn is a lot smaller, almost mirroring the cutout of the lower horn. But what about the other end of the body, the back end where the other strap button is? Is that end of the body more rounded (like a circle) than a normal PRS shape?

Comparing the body shape of a Santana model to the normal PRS body shape, I can obviously see that the upper horn is a lot smaller, almost mirroring the cutout of the lower horn. But what about the other end of the body, the back end where the other strap button is? Is that end of the body more rounded (like a circle) than a normal PRS shape?

I haven’t measured my Carloses in relation to my other PRS’ but I think you might be onto something. I feel like there’s more surface area for my forearm but not sure if the smaller horns just do something to the balance of the guitar or not.

Also unless you have Jack Skellington fingers, the controls are way back by the bridge and you will not be able to do volume swells, unless you get a 25th Anniversary or an MD, which moved the volume knob to where it is on the DGT.

OK. I can't stand it. Here's one:

Gulp!

I’ll take three!

Blaspheme!

I'm going with past and present!

A cousin...DC-22

BSwoXbQ.jpg

ecQw67i.jpg

dKCowVG.jpg

YkOT63S.jpg

Qf079pB.jpg

EHxxNel.jpg

Do you have any photos of the back of the second red one please?

If that photo is getting a little stale, there's a pile more in the gallery on my website:

http://www.flametop.co.uk/Collection-Santana/

wow!

The Santana has a rounded little bottom. It’s not a perfect circle, although the eye fools you into thinking that it is! There are some very subtle curves on the Santana, a true piece of artistry by PRSh.

Here's a visual aid! I'd describe the Santana body shape as Whole Lotta Rosie!

geHWbR7.jpg

How about a fat quilty one
JRG0fWj.jpg
Sigh, seeing this Bahama Blue beauty always make me miss this SCT trem I foolishly traded in on a guitar that I later ...traded in that I later...traded in on another guitar that I later...traded in on yet another guitar that I later...sold to pay for the new roof on the house that I later...sold! Ugh! Where’s my wayback machine?
image.jpg

Sigh, seeing this Bahama Blue beauty always make me miss this SCT trem I foolishly traded in on a guitar that I later ...traded in that I later...traded in on another guitar that I later...traded in on yet another guitar that I later...sold to pay for the new roof on the house that I later...sold! Ugh! Where’s my wayback machine?
image.jpg

Sad face emoji

Back