Show Us Your CEs!

Holy cow. That's the nicest looking CE I've ever seen. Literally. Is that spalted maple on the top? And was that a special order of some kind, I'm assuming (with the birds and the flamed maple neck?) Looks like a '94, and its serial number is actually very close to mine, interestingly.

It's koa. It's the only koa CE with birds that I know of. Years ago, there was a cosmetic warranty repair needed, and when I got it back, they had repaired the neck and left off the birds (which are rare on CEs). So, I sent it back again, and they returned it with the flame neck.

It's koa. It's the only koa CE with birds that I know of. Years ago, there was a cosmetic warranty repair needed, and when I got it back, they had repaired the neck and left off the birds (which are rare on CEs). So, I sent it back again, and they returned it with the flame neck.

I still maintain-- that's the most badass CE I've ever lain my eyes on. And I normally don't get all ga-ga over nice-looking PRSs... after working at the factory and helping to build dozens of them a week, I gained a slightly different perspective on them. That said, I'm just blown away at that guitar. I also happen to love koa. I had no idea that they ever used koa on ANY guitars back then, let alone a production model. Do you have any clips of how it sounds? I'd be super interested how the alder body/maple neck/koa top/rosewood fingerboard combo stacks up sonically.

You're a lucky man, Steve. I'm totally envious.

My one and only PRS. 2016 model, non-standard color. Love it!

1OtAuiC.jpg

Hey guys I was sharing earlier how the Bare Knuckle mules sounded pretty bad ass with the all maple neck CE24. I'd never think in a hundred years that mules would sound so good in this guitar. My problem was the alder body with maple top and all maple neck, matched with hfs was too bright of a combination. I tried a hand full of other PRS and non PRS pickups, but still no luck (to my ears).

Any how, the pickups work very well with this particular combination. I thought I'd post a video for the CE guys. It's a early Rush cover, Lime Light and Sry, it's a bit sloppy. (I recorded it when I just learned the bulk of the song)

Using a Friedman BE100 and a TC Electronic G System.

Last edited:
Hey guys I was sharing earlier how the Bare Knuckle mules sounded pretty bad ass with the all maple neck CE24. I'd never think in a hundred years that mules would sound so good in this guitar. My problem was the alder body with maple top and all maple neck, matched with hfs was too bright of a combination. I tried a hand full of other PRS and non PRS pickups, but still no luck (to my ears).

Any how, the pickups work very well with this particular combination. I thought I'd post a video for the CE guys. It's a early Rush cover, Lime Light and Sry, it's a bit sloppy. (I recorded it when I just learned the bulk of the song)

Using a Friedman BE100 and a TC Electronic G System.

Great tone, thanks for sharing.

Wow, these are both incredible! Where did you find these? The brown-ish one looks like it could be a 10-top.
Thanks all! The Angry Larry CE was a GC special, and I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. The Tortoise Shell CE was part of a limited run for Willcutt’s 50th anniversary.

Back