Show us your blue guitars!

As if I'd tell porkies! The bridge pickup surround has a bit more blue under it than the neck surround but overall the whole guitar looks like it's mucky Vintage Yellow with a dark back. Makes me wonder about the chemistry involved - just where did all the blue go? Says Royal Blue next to the serial number so no question about how it was stained when made. I think most of the early stains were prone to fade to some extent, blue probably the most.

(Porkies = short for pork pies = lies should anyone needs a Cockney rhyming slang translation).

No doubt a UV-unstable dye stain. I think your guitar's "extent" has run its course! It's hard to justify re-staining lest the story be lost. Looks cool vintage toned anyway.

No doubt a UV-unstable dye stain. I think your guitar's "extent" has run its course! It's hard to justify re-staining lest the story be lost. Looks cool vintage toned anyway.

I like it as it is so I'll leave it.

Last edited:
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/hdmAH
Sorry guys I can't figure out how to upload the pictures directly but this is my guitar in charcoal blue burst and ebony fretboard...

Right-click on the image (or whatever your OS does) and select Open Image In New Tab. Copy the URL from that. At least that's what I did.

mjDkMfi.jpg

And it's a beaut! Congrats!!!

Right-click on the image (or whatever your OS does) and select Open Image In New Tab. Copy the URL from that. At least that's what I did.

mjDkMfi.jpg

And it's a beaut! Congrats!!!
Thank you and I'm on my iPhone so I'll try it!

Seems internet gremlins removed my prior pictures. Here’s some more!

Latest, Ocean Mist Glow P245T

B5_E25_FAF-_F3_AC-43_B8-_A2_FB-_B08_E3586_DCE8.jpg

759_B003_B-4217-447_B-_B091-57_D7_ACE918_CA.jpg

Miss Pernie P22
image.jpg

image.jpg

Laguna 594
image.jpg

Glam shot from World Guitars
image.jpg

ME I SCT

38_C3_A97_D-8_F60-4_CE4-83_DD-6_CD00665743_B.jpg

Knaggs Severn (nothing to see there on the right, it’s not blue!)
D42529_D8-6666-4_AD3-8_B8_A-848_C3375_FE03.jpg

Incoming once Hurricane Lane passes Hawaii - please keep the folks in Hawaii in your thoughts during this bad storm!

3/4 size acoustic in curly Mango
7_EEE5_DE7-5222-4315-92_B0-7192_BFBF5423.jpg

80724_BD2-3704-41_E8-_B39_E-_DBED4_FF9_A089.jpg

Matching ukulele (which came first)
image.jpg

Back