Show us your blue guitars!

What colour do you guys reckon my 25th Anniversary Custom 24 is? I reckon Black Teal:
deGNOLL.jpg

I sent my wife a link to the posting for this guitar on reverb a few months back and jokingly asked her what we had in the budget to upgrade my guitar. Later she asked if I was going to buy it, and I just laughed and said it was way too much. Didn't think much of it after that.

A week later a box showed up on the porch....what an amazing surprise! Both my wife and the guitar are keepers!

I sent my wife a link to the posting for this guitar on reverb a few months back and jokingly asked her what we had in the budget to upgrade my guitar. Later she asked if I was going to buy it, and I just laughed and said it was way too much. Didn't think much of it after that.

A week later a box showed up on the porch....what an amazing surprise! Both my wife and the guitar are keepers!

Very nice! I agree, both this guitar and your wife are keepers!

OK, I suppose this is a hard one. lol. *I* see my Stripped 58 (2011) as a really dark blue with a secondary green component (retired art teacher here). When I was buying it online, the seller was also quite confused as to the color. Heck, in his photos it almost looked more of a trans-grey with an odd blue color cast to it (and yeah, sometimes a bit more green than here in my shots). Sorry to go on and on here, but yeah, I see it as blue (like the deep dark sea), but I'm almost wondering if it's a faded specimen of a more obvious, somewhat brighter color. Whatever it is, I really like it, and I've not seen another like it either.

Question: Can anyone here identify the color? TIA.

ObMR1qsh.jpg

9e3uRa0h.jpg

cFLfRWqh.jpg

NOTE to anyone who is using Imgur and wondering as to why their photos are appearing so large...
I just got the same thing at first here, but then I went back and edited them down to a smaller version by selecting Huge Thumbnail (rather than the default Original size) down in the lower right corner (of Imgur).
Hope this helps.

What does the modcat say on the case?

What does the modcat say on the case?
Thanks for the suggestion, jcha, but sorry to say, I'm a total newbie with MODCAT stuff. So I guess that it's finally time to learn.
Hmm. MODCAT is something printed under the pickups, right? But you're saying that there's also something on the case?
I suppose I'm being lazy, but I was kinda hoping that I wouldn't need to go yanking parts out. lol
(Anyway, my Stripped 58 is in the shop now for some tweaks, so I can't check it until next week. But I will. Thanks again.)

Thanks for the suggestion, jcha, but sorry to say, I'm a total newbie with MODCAT stuff. So I guess that it's finally time to learn.
Hmm. MODCAT is something printed under the pickups, right? But you're saying that there's also something on the case?
I suppose I'm being lazy, but I was kinda hoping that I wouldn't need to go yanking parts out. lol
(Anyway, my Stripped 58 is in the shop now for some tweaks, so I can't check it until next week. But I will. Thanks again.)

The MODCAT usually refers to the barcode on the case of the guitar. Many times it gives the finish and model on it. It is also underneath the pickups as you mentioned as well. Take a look when you get it back from the shop and we can solve the mystery :cool:.

Last edited:
Awesome.

Studios are way underappreciated, IMHO!

I think yours is black slate. Here's one of mine in that color:

prs11.png

Well, better late than never. My Stripped 58 finally came home yesterday after a few tweaks, and I was happy to see a PRS sticker on the end of the case! (I have several other PRSes and don't recall there usually being stickers on my cases—at least by the time I get them, usually minty used. Happy to find a MODCAT sticker on this baby!)

So... I put it through the MODCAT Decoder, and there it was, my guitar's info. SO cool to see all those specs! And apparently the "BT" on the sticker indicates it is indeed Black Slate. Great to finally know, ya know?! So thanks again to Herr Squid and jcha008. (But I still think it looks kinda blue-green, especially for a Black Slate guitar—again, sounding like a more neutral color, IMO. Eh, whatever. I still love the color, no matter what it's called!)

Herr Squid... is your guitar a satin finish? Just curious. Looks like it from here and I love it. Or is it maybe the lighting somehow? (Also it's a beautiful color combination with the gold knobs and natural brown finish, esp in the cutaway, contrasting as complements to the overall slight blue-greenish color.) Thx!

So... I put it through the MODCAT Decoder, and there it was, my guitar's info. SO cool to see all those specs! And apparently the "BT" on the sticker indicates it is indeed Black Slate. Great to finally know, ya know?! So thanks again to Herr Squid and jcha008. (But I still think it looks kinda blue-green, especially for a Black Slate guitar—again, sounding like a more neutral color, IMO. Eh, whatever. I still love the color, no matter what it's called!)

Herr Squid... is your guitar a satin finish? Just curious. Looks like it from here and I love it. Or is it maybe the lighting somehow? (Also it's a beautiful color combination with the gold knobs and natural brown finish, esp in the cutaway, contrasting as complements to the overall slight blue-greenish color.) Thx!

Yep, that is a satin finish; it's glossing a bit where my fingers brush it below the strings, but that doesn't really show in that photo.

I see I forgot to say your SC is absolutely gorgeous in that color.

I bought mine partially on eye appeal, and partially because it was a close cousin of my Modern Eagle, which is a satin Slate finish. Slate is kind of a blue with maybe a little gray to it, while Black Slate has got the greenish tint to it. Why they named it what they did, I have no idea. That baffles me almost as much as "Obsidian" which to me looks like kind of a green-olivey color, whereas polished obsidian is one of the blackest, glossiest things you can imagine looking at...

Joining the party.

_DSC6654.jpg

_DSC6658.jpg
Once I clicked through I could see the images, but Photobucket has implemented their "no third-party links" block on your photos for direct viewing in-thread.

Unless you wanna pony up for their higher package, you might wanna consider switching to Imgur or even your own website.

And nice guitar!

Once I clicked through I could see the images, but Photobucket has implemented their "no third-party links" block on your photos for direct viewing in-thread.

Unless you wanna pony up for their higher package, you might wanna consider switching to Imgur or even your own website.

And nice guitar!
Thanks...and thanks ;)

Back