Show us your blue guitars!

Things have been hectic of late, but managed to take some quick phone pics outside today.

What color is Miss Pernie?

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Aquamarine. The pics make it look a bit darker than it really is. The TOL is faded aquamarine.

And the new to me guitar arriving tomorrow! The flametop River Blue sister to Tosca's quilt from Brian's WL run earlier this year. I've been strengthening my core/back this year plus dropped a lot of weight so I thought I'd try a SC 594 again. This one came up recently used with a rosewood neck and I couldn't resist! Fingers crossed on my back - I already know this guitar will be killer. Original owner (very nice guy) swapped the uncovered bridge 59/09 with a covered one - just the way I like it.

image.jpg

Congrats...you're gonna love it!!!

Tosca, what color is Miss Cleo? I've been thinking of a build along those lines for a while now, still debating on what color over a quilt top. Grazie!

Faded Aquamarine glow!
She was originally supposed to have a "Smokeburst" around the edge...but it got lost in communications. PS of course offered to refinish her, but I was too happy with her as is, for obvious reasons. Good luck on your build...can't wait to see it.

Thanks Tosca - huh, never would have guessed that. I'm trying to figure out a tropical water color - Bahama blue mostly looks too green to me but sometimes those glow finishes look too good to pass up! Likely a 2018 order at the earliest, I keep getting distracted by other guitars.

Egad, I thought I'd long ago cured myself of GAS, but threads like this full of absulutely gorgeous pieces reveal what a foolish notion that was.

And the new to me guitar arriving tomorrow! The flametop River Blue sister to Tosca's quilt from Brian's WL run earlier this year. I've been strengthening my core/back this year plus dropped a lot of weight so I thought I'd try a SC 594 again. This one came up recently used with a rosewood neck and I couldn't resist! Fingers crossed on my back - I already know this guitar will be killer. Original owner (very nice guy) swapped the uncovered bridge 59/09 with a covered one - just the way I like it.

image.jpg
What a specimen, my GAS meter has rocketed sky high
Sadly not enough funds yet.:(

What a specimen, my GAS meter has rocketed sky high
Sadly not enough funds yet.:(
Thank you!

Unfortunately it's heartbreak again! I absolutely love this SC594 that came today, a real tone monster and really does have that extra 5% that Pete says it does even versus my DC594 in SC thickness. Neck is perfect on this and the action was dialed in beautifully! Loved it with the hotter 59/09 bridge pickup. But I need to return this one...

At 9lbs, 2 oz with the SC body shape, the weight distribution exacerbated my herniated disc again after playing it for an hour tonight both standing and sitting. My DC guitars do not have the same effect on me (my TOL is the exact same weight!). Guess I have to admit defeat and embrace the fact that I can no longer play 9lb SC guitars anymore. My first guitar was a 10lb LP studio some 26 years ago. Sigh! The Bahama Mama SCT I sold earlier this year was Obeche wood and thinner so it weighed a little over 7lbs, but sonically didn't have that 'oomph' you'd expect from a SC. So, clearly the thicker body and heavier weight don't work for me.

Thank you!

Unfortunately it's heartbreak again! I absolutely love this SC594 that came today, a real tone monster and really does have that extra 5% that Pete says it does even versus my DC594 in SC thickness. Neck is perfect on this and the action was dialed in beautifully! Loved it with the hotter 59/09 bridge pickup. But I need to return this one...

At 9lbs, 2 oz with the SC body shape, the weight distribution exacerbated my herniated disc again after playing it for an hour tonight both standing and sitting. My DC guitars do not have the same effect on me (my TOL is the exact same weight!). Guess I have to admit defeat and embrace the fact that I can no longer play 9lb SC guitars anymore. My first guitar was a 10lb LP studio some 26 years ago. Sigh! The Bahama Mama SCT I sold earlier this year was Obeche wood and thinner so it weighed a little over 7lbs, but sonically didn't have that 'oomph' you'd expect from a SC. So, clearly the thicker body and heavier weight don't work for me.
Sorry to hear that Paul, it's a real bummer but health has the priority, I hope you feel much better soon to enjoy your DC 594 and the rest of your awesome stable.

Sorry to hear that Paul, it's a real bummer but health has the priority, I hope you feel much better soon to enjoy your DC 594 and the rest of your awesome stable.
Thanks - appreciate the kind words and positive mojo!

Grass stain? Never would have guessed that - beautiful!

PSA:
Well, turns out my new to me SC594 WL was sold as is from reverb, so I can't return it. If anyone here wants it, PM me and I'll cover shipping. The guitar is epic and deserves a good home!

OH Lord! That aquamarine color is so perfect on this gorgeous one piece top

I've only seen one aquamarine PRS in person, and it looked more like acquamaGREEN. Do these look more blue in pix than they do in person, or was that an exception? It's my favorite color on-line, but I'm wary of it now.

Back