Show me your NF3s!

I got pups

With Celtic knots

& Bolt-on PS

Stunning! Do you still have these? Curious how they compared to the SS. I’m not a strat guy but I’m tempted by the SS, but I suspect I’m really more in the camp of these models. Is the first one Pomegranate?

Homeboy! That should be Mike Ault’s DC3 that he’s had, and plays, since they came out. Please fill us in on what everyone is spanking.
Paul Smith's guitar look like a Paul's Guitar in a Silver/Charcoal Burst (dragon breath style). I was too far to see if it had the mini toggles.

Gary Grainger had his signature bass.

The only different guitar was Mike Ault pulled out a Dodgem Blue Silver Sky for the encore!

wxIUxNh.jpg

Last edited:
Paul Smith's guitar lookedencode! Paul's Guitar in a Silver/Charcoal Burst (dragon breath style). I was too far to see if it had the mini toggles.

Gary Grainger had his signature bass.

The only different guitar was Mike Ault pulled out a Dodgem Blue Silver Sky for the encore!

wxIUxNh.jpg

99% sure Paul is playing a 35th anniversary Dragon. You can see the bright yellow of the TRC inlay, and some of the curves of the FB dragon inlay. So…no minitoggles… :(

99% sure Paul is playing a 35th anniversary Dragon. You can see the bright yellow of the TRC inlay, and some of the curves of the FB dragon inlay. So…no minitoggles… :(

Think you’re right, the fretboard looks a bit wiggly!;)

I don't know how to post pics on here, but I have a black NF3 with maple board.

I was one of those guys back when PRS first put them out that really didn't get the vision behind the model and not being able to slap other pickups in was a deal breaker. Fast forward to a local guitar store going out of business and I picked mine up brand new for a song....apparently I was the only customer that played it. No one else gave her a chance.

I am glad I did, because my NF3 is one of the most comfortable, versatile and best sounding guitars I have ever played! The pickups are a masterstroke, IMO: the bridge position has this tight, percussive attack without ever getting shrill or grating that I love and you can go from tight humbucker to p90 to single coil with some tone/volume control tweaks and amp tweaks. I also have a 305 which I thoroughly enjoy, but an nf3 can dip its toes into 305 water, while the nf3 does thing a 305 (or dc3, John Mayer) can't.

I was one of those guys back when PRS first put them out that really didn't get the vision behind the model and not being able to slap other pickups in was a deal breaker. Fast forward to a local guitar store going out of business and I picked mine up brand new for a song....apparently I was the only customer that played it. No one else gave her a chance.

I am glad I did, because my NF3 is one of the most comfortable, versatile and best sounding guitars I have ever played! The pickups are a masterstroke, IMO: the bridge position has this tight, percussive attack without ever getting shrill or grating that I love and you can go from tight humbucker to p90 to single coil with some tone/volume control tweaks and amp tweaks. I also have a 305 which I thoroughly enjoy, but an nf3 can dip its toes into 305 water, while the nf3 does thing a 305 (or dc3, John Mayer) can't.
You have to use a hosting service for pics, like Imgur. There are several threads on it, here is the first one I saw in the search:
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/posting-images-with-imgur-your-computer.44205/

I agree with you on the great pickups and versatility. I’d sell something or trade to get one but, literally, the only one I’ve seen for sale is a private stock for north of $5K, and I’m hoping to stay at a fraction of that kind of cost (20-30%), so I may be waiting a while!

There is also this thread ( https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/sharing-pictures-on-prs-forum.47818/ ), which has a video and a pdf of instructions on how to post pix. In addition, this thread has links to all other threads I am aware of on how to post pix at this forum. If you need any assistance, I am happy to help, hit me up in a private message thread and I will walk you through it if the video, pdf and other links do not do it for you!

Happy pickin'!
MW

I used to own this one, but sold it after I found the blue one. In hindsight, I should have kept both!
Well it’s official. After years of doing everything possible to avoid this, I have finally found a reason to use the “ignore” feature. :(

Ok, not really. But how could you sell an NF3??? o_Oo_O I thought only Bodia (who is no longer in my will, btw) did things like that! This is like divorcing Julie Bowen. Who would do that?

I guess if you find that one and repurchase it, we could still be friends. Or, send it to me and BEST FRIENDS! :p:p

Well it’s official. After years of doing everything possible to avoid this, I have finally found a reason to use the “ignore” feature. :(

Ok, not really. But how could you sell an NF3??? o_Oo_O I thought only Bodia (who is no longer in my will, btw) did things like that! This is like divorcing Julie Bowen. Who would do that?

I guess if you find that one and repurchase it, we could still be friends. Or, send it to me and BEST FRIENDS! :p:p
Forgive me! In fairness, that sale was made in 2015. Back then there were quite a few more NF3s on the used market than today.

Back