Show me your custom accessories

Luminandy

If there is already a thread for this, I apologize, and would like a link to it. I would just like to see what some of your axes look like with some bling, like tuner buttons, pickup rings, knobs ect. I am especially interested in seeing them in wood. Thanks in advance.

Ebony Tuner Buttons (Phase III)

I put these on my 408 back on 2 15 2014.

acc_buttons_black_1024x1024.jpg

Half nickle half ebony for a comparison

17.jpg

All ebony

20.jpg

Some of my guitars also have the forum TRC on them too which you can see in the above picture, and on my new SE Angelus Custom below.

10.jpg

Ebony Tuner Buttons (Phase III)

I put these on my 408 back on 2 15 2014.

acc_buttons_black_1024x1024.jpg

Half nickle half ebony for a comparison

17.jpg

All ebony

20.jpg

Some of my guitars also have the forum TRC on them too which you can see in the above picture, and on my new SE Angelus Custom below.

10.jpg
Thanks! There are so many pics of these types of products out there, but not too many installed. The compare and contrast picture is just what I am looking to see.

You´re welcome.

Aswell I point at Germany and Crazyparts.

Being German and having relatives around their office (a small village between the Lower Saxonian capital Hanover (every Scorpions-fan (or Michael Schenker) should know this city) and Hildesheim (Scorpions´ Rudolf Schenker was given birth there. It is famous for very old protestant Michaelis church and the catholic cathedral with the more than thousand years old rose tree, and it´s famous for very old grammar (private) schools (I made my A-Levels a couple of years ago on one of these. It was founded in 1225 and belongs to the protestant Lutheranian church of Lower Saxony.), it´s easy for me to purchase.

I bore away. Sorry for that.

I called Andreas (Crazyparts), asked for an appointment date around X-Mas 2014. Jumped in my car. After 15 minutes I stopped at their office. I pulled out my PRS (and another guitar) to choose the best fitting grain and colour for the PRS (The other guitar only required Ebony tuner buttons for Phase III).

I selected Ebony tuner buttons for my PRS´ Phase III, because of the very dark East Indian Rosewood fretboard (the other guitar has a Ebony fretboard) and EIRW tips for the tremolo arm and the blade switches.

Tuner buttons:

DSCN9846.JPG

DSCN9848.JPG

Tips:

DSCN9837.JPG

DSCN9843.JPG

Beside spare/replacement parts I collected a few seldom goodies regarding my beloved PRS model (fore sure I have got the classic PRS T-shirt in black aswell, but not depicted):
Both the green-tan PRS cap and the Army PRS cap is very common, but I was able to purchase three 513 promotional items: 513 cap, 513 T-shirt in black, and 513 T-shirt in white.

They rest in the frame together with my Wildwood T-shirt which I got in coincidence to the procurement of the PRS.

GjWnk8g9bZQ-Y13spEHMZ4V5pH02GTAd6_vZveYwYHU=w657-h857-no

Last edited:
That's awesome! It is a major plus being so close. It must be incredible to be surrounded by so much history. Here in the States, buildings do not go back too far. I live in New England, so we have some great history. I traced my family back to the Mayflower, but still only 1600's. I am an avid hunter of Native American artifacts and I love antiques in general, but I would be in awe if in the presence of a millennium old structure! Is that a wood tip on your trem bar as well? It sure looks like one, and
adds to the look much more than I would expect.

I've got a couple Forum truss rod covers and several of my guitars have ebony tuner buttons.

Here's a custom rosewood pickguard and knobs (the guitar just moved on a week or so ago). I was planning on replacing the pup rings and switch tip, but never got around to it.

@LSchefman: Thank you!

You've two very nice examples of PRS' craftmanship at home, too.

@LSchefman: Thank you!

You've two very nice examples of PRS' craftmanship at home, too.

Thanks! Actually, the 30th Anniversary CU24 makes three, including the acoustic. I was thinking of looking into tuner buttons and maybe a switch tip for the 30th model.

I´ve got a friend who´s keen on make over of Les Pauls (Collectors Choice R0, R9, R8 and so on). In Germany we got Florian Jäger as leading make make over luthier. I was aware of goodies of Crazyparts for that kind of strange dudes who relict their custom shop instruments to transform their guitars into historical wannabee Les Pauls of the fifties...
But in DEC 14 I did my first tour on the homepage of Crazyparts, saw what they all have in stock and realized that they are the manufactor of PRS parts of the PS Divison. And I found out where their office is located :)

I have only my 513 as a PRS guitar, my Linus Hollowbody is inspired by the Neal Schon NS-15, but in detail very unique.

Curious, are SE tuner buttons interchangeable with US tuner buttons?

Eventually I'll get to modding, but I'm pretty indecisive about stuff. I do know for the new MM I'd like to get some ebony pickup rings, replace the chrome vol/tone knobs with clear US knobs, and find a way to black out the bridge. The custom 24 I think I'll just leave as is, I like the burst color with the white rings and zebra pups, although I would like some new pickups, lol.

Heres my home made trc cover. Prs have told me that i cant sell this design due to copyright but I do make other designs as a hobby mostly
DSC_0011_zpsw63fm4kt_edit_1422479703336_zpspzfybnvj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back