SHOW ME YOUR 594.

I waited a little over a year for this one but it was worth it. Very happy.

i-V2Sx9zR-L.jpg

i-TPKmRNm-L.jpg

i-DfrPTkW-M.jpg
That’s an amazing back!

(Oh and the answer is not very well. The air inexplicably passes right through their wings...)

Oh yes may I declare on behalf of the forum. Members who have imminently received kickass new guitars without posting a full fledged NGD thread, and thereby spilling all kickass specs secrets and tone reports, are in serious breach of the PRS forum constitution. The definition of kickass here means anything that has six, seven, eight or four strings, and rings like a bell.

The penalty is having to sponsor a private stock guitar for every forum member, and 2 PS Santana’s each to Mr Sergio and Mr Bodia. I myself would like a pernambuco Collection Series guitar please, thank you...:rolleyes:

Oh yes may I declare on behalf of the forum. Members who have imminently received kickass new guitars without posting a full fledged NGD thread, and thereby spilling all kickass specs secrets and tone reports, are in serious breach of the PRS forum constitution. The definition of kickass here means anything that has six, seven, eight or four strings, and rings like a bell.

The penalty is having to sponsor a private stock guitar for every forum member, and 2 PS Santana’s each to Mr Sergio and Mr Bodia. I myself would like a pernambuco Collection Series guitar please, thank you...:rolleyes:

Haha awesome. I’ll get right on that. I’ve been away for a bit so please excuse my breech of commonly accepted decorum.

Thanks guys! It really is a spectacular guitar. I was just telling Brian from Brian's Guitars that PRS is the only company these days where I actually feel like I'm getting what I pay for. I also owe him a big thanks for these pics and, more importantly, for walking me through this Private Stock process. I've done a few Custom Shop Fenders in the past but I was not prepared for the level of detail and the number of options that are available and that need to be considered in the PS process. He was top notch all the way through. He's also a great guy.

Basic specs and a few more pics below:

Paul Reed Smith Private Stock Singlecut McCarty 594 Soapbard Sandstorm Glow
Top Wood: Private Stock Grade Curly Maple
Back Wood: Black Limba with matching plates
Scale Length: 24.594″
Neck Wood: Figured Korina
Neck Shape: Pattern Vintage
Fretboard Wood: Brazilian Rosewood, Maple binding
Headstock Veneer: Brazilian Rosewood with Curly Maple binding, Maple Eagle with Gold MOP outlines
Inlays: Curly Maple birds stained Sandstorm with Gold MOP outlines
Treble Pickup: P90
Bass Pickup: P90
Controls: Two Volume and Two Tone Controls w/ 3-Way Toggle
Bridge: Gen III Tremolo with locking saddles
Hardware: Gold
Tuners: Tweaked Phase III Locking Tuning Pegs w/ Faux Bone buttons
Nut: Bone
Finish: Sandstorm Glow High Gloss Nitro Finish

i-bpqFcZH-L.jpg

i-rKbTqMX-L.jpg

Thanks guys! It really is a spectacular guitar. I was just telling Brian from Brian's Guitars that PRS is the only company these days where I actually feel like I'm getting what I pay for. I also owe him a big thanks for these pics and, more importantly, for walking me through this Private Stock process. I've done a few Custom Shop Fenders in the past but I was not prepared for the level of detail and the number of options that are available and that need to be considered in the PS process. He was top notch all the way through. He's also a great guy.

Headstock Veneer: Brazilian Rosewood with Curly Maple binding, Maple Eagle with Gold MOP outlines

i-bpqFcZH-L.jpg

i-rKbTqMX-L.jpg
That is gorgeous! Well done! Love that color and the figure on those woods in outstanding.

Maybe I need to give korina/Limba another try. Last time I tried a DGT in korina (back and neck) I found it too harsh/bright.

You already have multiple Collection Series and Pernie necks - save some for the rest of us! :)

You already have multiple Collection Series and Pernie necks - save some for the rest of us! :)

Haha yeah I actually don’t own most of those others anymore. Long story but I did a massive gear purge this year and am kind of building back up. I probably sold off 80% of the guitars and amps that I had built up over the years.

And on Korina - yes I think it’s brighter and has a bit less sustain than mahogany but that was also sort of what I was going for with this guitar. Ironically I had a DGT as well and also found it too harsh/bright.

Haha yeah I actually don’t own most of those others anymore. Long story but I did a massive gear purge this year and am kind of building back up. I probably sold off 80% of the guitars and amps that I had built up over the years.

And on Korina - yes I think it’s brighter and has a bit less sustain than mahogany but that was also sort of what I was going for with this guitar - I wanted a real all arounder. Ironically I had a DGT as well and also found it too harsh/bright.
I think about doing such a gear purge myself, but can’t pull the trigger. Interesting to hear your comments about the korina DGT versus your build. I think the SC shape adds some more lower mids which may balance it out.

BTW, my joke was meant for Mr. Tonart. :)

That is fantastic in every way!

Could you elaborate on the headstock? I've never seen it on any others ... is it the Silver Sky version?
I think that’s a Moore Music custom headstock design. They also added the bird inlay with the inlay stripe on the back of the neck. If you check out their website, you’ll see they have some other PS builds with that HS inlay.

I like the way you think!

I think about doing such a gear purge myself, but can’t pull the trigger. Interesting to hear your comments about the korina DGT versus your build. I think the SC shape adds some more lower mids which may balance it out.

BTW, my joke was meant for Mr. Tonart. :)

Just getting the ball rolling on this, myself. With a little help from my "broker."

i-bpqFcZH-L.jpg

i-rKbTqMX-L.jpg

WOW!!!