SHOW ME YOUR 594.

Not mine (I don't have any 594s), but if I had one, I wish I had this one -- purple binding!:
wuhz0smoukmsw3w6c2fr.jpg

OK...but only cause it's a tone machine!!!

PS 6794, Semi-Hollow SC594 in XX Faded Indigo. The Honduran Rosewood neck is like butter and I love how the White MOP Blade Knots just jump off of the African Blackwood fingerboard.
CE0jj6K.jpg
Love this one!

Silly me, I rushed to buy an SC594 Soap thinking they'd all be snapped up right away. I got a nice one, but if only I'd known to hang back...

Not mine (I don't have any 594s), but if I had one, I wish I had this one -- purple binding!:
wuhz0smoukmsw3w6c2fr.jpg

Not an all-time great photo, but it gets the point across. I do like these guitars! The DC on the left I think is very early production (3/18/16), and it's a thick-sounding beast! I have a hunch it's the same guitar I played at the Tacoma guitar show before the core 594 model was announced (there were rumors about one at the time). It was hiding under a table and made an appearance while I was talking with Bryan Ewald.

594s.jpg

Not an all-time great photo, but it gets the point across. I do like these guitars! The DC on the left I think is very early production (3/18/16), and it's a thick-sounding beast! I have a hunch it's the same guitar I played at the Tacoma guitar show before the core 594 model was announced (there were rumors about one at the time). It was hiding under a table and made an appearance while I was talking with Bryan Ewald.

594s.jpg
Awesome trio, can you describe the SC's tone ( HB) in comparison to the thick sound of the DC?

594s.jpg
Nice trio! I haven’t made it (yet) down to the T dome for that show. Was going to go last year but my chronic illness got in the way. Probably saved me some dough in the long run. :)

Awesome trio, can you describe the SC's tone ( HB) in comparison to the thick sound of the DC?

Surprisingly to me, the DC is a little hotter and thicker sounding than the SC. The SC is brighter. I think that's down to just accidents of the individual pieces of wood, though the SC has an ebony fretboard, so that may be a factor.

Surprisingly to me, the DC is a little hotter and thicker sounding than the SC. The SC is brighter. I think that's down to just accidents of the individual pieces of wood, though the SC has an ebony fretboard, so that may be a factor.

Is the single cut a lot heavier?? That will make it brighter.

I'm the ebony is playing a role in adding a bit of brightness and snappiness to the tone for sure, that's why I chose it for my 523 AP with IRW neck to counterbalance the dark tones associated with it.

Back