Show me (or tell me about) your 509!

steved

So I've become a bit obsessed with 509s. And I've found almost no discussion about them here, at least that my limited search skills could turn up. And very few decent demos on youtube. I think I'm going to get one, as a sort of divorce present for myself, after everything is finally settled in a few months. So, I'd appreciate any kind of info you folks might have about them.

Buying one - I'd really like to try before buying, which means driving quite a bit. I'm all for road trips of reasonable lengths - I'm in Nashville, so can get to many larger cities fairly easily. Although most of the usual suspect stores for PRS sales only have 1 in stock. What I'm considering is a trip to Sweetwater, as they have several in stock. But any input as to where I could try before buying, and they have more than one in stock, would be appreciated!

1-D193-D60-72-B4-4-E3-D-A753-C47670-DEEECC.jpg

1570101-A-0045-4-D93-8-C9-D-F5-F9121-C2-D96.jpg

Get one... ‘nuff said.

I still haven't taken a good outside shot of this guitar, so I continue to rely on the awesome dealer pics from Brian's!

wYtm5If.jpg

Great versatility as noted above, gets good strat-ish tones in the single coil modes while also capable of some nice thick HB tones (more modern sounding vs a PAF tone, I suppose).

That’s a 509 in my avatar. They will do pretty much everything you could ask one guitar to do, single coil or humbucker. The only fault I can find with mine is that it’s not blue........

Think this is the same guitar as my first pic...

It sure looks like it.
2019 509 AP, flamed maple neck satin finish.
I found it listed at Gtrmav in September of this year and jumped on it. Had been looking for one for a while and JD made me a great deal on it.

It sure looks like it.
2019 509 AP, flamed maple neck satin finish.
I found it listed at Gtrmav in September of this year and jumped on it. Had been looking for one for a while and JD made me a great deal on it.

That’s it for sure then. Hated giving it up but glad it found a good home and I’ve since been able to replace it.

That’s it for sure then. Hated giving it up but glad it found a good home and I’ve since been able to replace it

Very cool.
Glad to hear you found a replacement.
Small world sometimes when it comes to guitars.
P.S. Its found a good home and is well taken care of.

I've posted this guitar elsewhere, but since the time I started this thread, I got this one -
jOepCp5l.jpg

And it's fantastic! Really lives up to its promise of tonal diversity. One thing I've discovered is that with this guitar the tone knob is the key to happiness - for lots of guitars, I've just left it full on all the time. This guitar is really bright, but it has a really wide range tone control, so if you want the classic humbucker sounds you need to roll off the tone control to around 5, and there are a lot of sweet spots around there. With the single coil mode, with the tone control open all the way you're not quite into teleland, but it's a nice rounded strat sound - not as airy as the silver sky gets, has a bit more girth.

I've posted this guitar elsewhere, but since the time I started this thread, I got this one -
jOepCp5l.jpg

And it's fantastic! Really lives up to its promise of tonal diversity. One thing I've discovered is that with this guitar the tone knob is the key to happiness - for lots of guitars, I've just left it full on all the time. This guitar is really bright, but it has a really wide range tone control, so if you want the classic humbucker sounds you need to roll off the tone control to around 5, and there are a lot of sweet spots around there. With the single coil mode, with the tone control open all the way you're not quite into teleland, but it's a nice rounded strat sound - not as airy as the silver sky gets, has a bit more girth.
Killer!

jOepCp5l.jpg

Love that color.

Back