Should I Take My PRS With Me?

Should I take my PRS with me ?

• Yes

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
Bring a less cherished guitar. Not because of the temperatures - I’ve had 3 damaged guitars from air travel. Since my Modern Eagle became my Number One, I bought a cheap used SE for vacation practice. The calmness I feel while in transit is invaluable!

Paros, Naxos, and Mikonos.
1972 I was dating a girl that was 1/2 Greek, 1/4 Cherokee, and 1/4 Irish. I happened to be working on a farm in Norway for the summer and when I was finished she wanted to meet up in Athens as she wanted to experience some of her heritage. We met a family who had relatives on Paros who owned a hotel on the other side so we spent a week there exploring. Nothing like having your calamari caught and cooked up while you have another bottle of retsina. Along with dolmades then followed with karidopita and finally ouzo.

I considered staying.

Awesome. You really did get to experience the real deal of the island life. There is no beating that.

Bring it, and a small practice amp like a Boss Katana Mini. They are super light, run on AA batteries and have a nice selection of Clean, Crunch and Brown amp tones, plus a reverb that edges into echo. I've taken my SE245 on a road trip with the little amp. I would recommend a hard case over the gig bag if you are flying though.

I've got a little fly rig that consists of a Boss GT-1 multi fx unit connected to a JBL portable speaker. It's quite an efficient travelling combo and everything fits into my guitars gigbag.

When I won my SE ONE in NY, they let me hang the gig bag in the closet up front on the plane.
No idea if that is still a possibility.
Couldn't pay me to get on a plane these days though. Stay safe mate!

No flying for me these days either. Always thinking about safety. I've got about a 75 minute drive to the port, then a 45 minute ferry boat ride (I hoping I can stay in my car and avoid as much people as possible ) and then once on the island a 45 minute drive along the coastline to my finacee's house.

Awesome. You really did get to experience the real deal of the island life. There is no beating that.

I've got a little fly rig that consists of a Boss GT-1 multi fx unit connected to a JBL portable speaker. It's quite an efficient travelling combo and everything fits into my guitars gigbag.

No flying for me these days either. Always thinking about safety. I've got about a 75 minute drive to the port, then a 45 minute ferry boat ride (I hoping I can stay in my car and avoid as much people as possible ) and then once on the island a 45 minute drive along the coastline to my finacee's house.
Perfect!

I took my SE Soapy2 to China more than once. Dave said it, use the gig bag and hang it in the coat closet up front. Works great.

I took one of those plug amps and headphones so I could play in my hotel room with no one caring how loud it was. You can even port your cell phone tunes into it.

I took my SE Soapy2 to China more than once. Dave said it, use the gig bag and hang it in the coat closet up front. Works great.

I took one of those plug amps and headphones so I could play in my hotel room with no one caring how loud it was. You can even port your cell phone tunes into it.
Which plug amp did you get?

Bring a less cherished guitar. Not because of the temperatures - I’ve had 3 damaged guitars from air travel. Since my Modern Eagle became my Number One, I bought a cheap used SE for vacation practice. The calmness I feel while in transit is invaluable!

I was thinking of taking one of my other guitars or just use my fiancée's acoustic guitar while I'm there but the PRS love is just too strong. Since I'll be driving, my guitar should be safe lying down in the backseat.

Which plug amp did you get?
584252.jpg

You may have to let it acclimate itself to the different climate, but once it does that it should be fine. I have to say that if I were on a Greek island with my fiancee, a guitar is probably the LAST thing I would be thinking about playing with.

You may have to let it acclimate itself to the different climate, but once it does that it should be fine. I have to say that if I were on a Greek island with my fiancee, a guitar is probably the LAST thing I would be thinking about playing with.

I see what you mean about the climate change but my destination isn't that far from where we currently live so no real climate change to worry about. I used to work there in the past for 15 years so it's like a 2nd home to me. As I mentioned previously, as a true gentlemen I know my priorities, lol. My fiancée works 10 hours a day everyday without a day off. Out of those 10 hours I'll probably do some cooking and housework for about 2 hrs and hangout on a beach for another 3 hours. That leaves like another 4-5 hours a day without her. Why not fill some of that time with some guitar playing / music writing ?

Do the ferries still run out of Piraeus?

You’re visiting your fiancé for 2 weeks, and you’re worried about taking your guitar??? :confused::confused::confused:

Dude, you just won PRS fan of the week medal.

BTW, I voted “no.” I think you’re going to be preoccupied.

Lol, I'm truly honored by the award. Thank you. But like I said previously, my fiancee works 10 hours a day with no days off. Out of those 10 hours I'll do some cooking and housework for about 2 hrs and hangout on a beach for another 3 hours. That leaves like another 4-5 hours a day separated from her. Why not fill some of that time with some guitar playing / music writing? It was actually her idea to bring a guitar with me so I can happily stay occupied with something while she's at work.

Lol, I'm truly honored by the award. Thank you. But like I said previously, my fiancee works 10 hours a day with no days off. Out of those 10 hours I'll do some cooking and housework for about 2 hrs and hangout on a beach for another 3 hours. That leaves like another 4-5 hours a day separated from her. Why not fill some of that time with some guitar playing / music writing? It was actually her idea to bring a guitar with me so I can happily stay occupied with something while she's at work.

+1. I shouldn’t get the medal for reading comprehension. :(

Have a nice trip and jam that guitar (during “off” times). :)

PS. I changed my vote.

People really need to give instruments more credit for their hardiness.
  • Bring the truss rod wrench along with you in case the neck needs a tweak.
  • Try to keep it away from outside walls and areas that get direct sunlight. This will minimize and slow down the temperature changes the guitar will endure through the day.
  • Give everything a wipe down with a cloth after you play to minimize oxidation on the strings and hardware.
Otherwise, don't worry about it. Guitars can handle a lot of different conditions. I hope you make the most of your time and enjoy yourself!

Back