Should I sell?

• Yes

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Noooookko

Votes: 14 60.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm facing a real dilemma here.

I've got an 08 CU24 with AP appointments that I got a good deal on, NOS in 09. It got me hooked on PRSi, and now spends most of it's time cased.

I put it up for sale, and now I'm feeling a little nervous about it leaving the stable. ...

Thoughts?

In order to give you a fair answer, I think I would like to try the guitar out for a while... I'll pay for shipping it to me and let you know what I think in a few months...! LOL

More serious though, I hate the idea of selling gear... funny my wife hates the idea of me buying gear!

Seems like you've answered your own question right here.
This is what started the debate in my mind.

I like to believe that guitars are just objects or tools, but I'm more attached to them than any other objects or tools that I own.

I pulled this guitar out last night and pulled two fresh riffs out. I'm going to play out for the rest of the week and see how I feel about it.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I go through phases where most of my other guitars remain cased. So the question would be -- to me -- whether or not I'll ever go back to them. But yeah, sounds like you're on the right path to making the right decision.

Second what Dusty said. I've got guitars that I haven't played in longer than I care to admit. And I've thought about selling several of them to finance something else. But when I pull them out and play them, I remember why I bought them in the first place and it gets harder to think about letting them go. If and when the time comes, I think the answer will be not letting them get a word in edgewise.

Everyone will have their own take on your dilemma. For me, I don't mind getting rid of a case queen for something that I know is going to get used a lot more. If I don't play them, they seem to be exist as ego attachments and I have gotten better at letting these things go across time. But, I am old...

Set a reasonable price where you will feel good if it sells. If it doesn't, win-win.
Actually, I like this idea best - if it doesn't sell (after you've cleared fees/shipping) for what you would pay to buy it back, then you can say that at least you have a bargain of a guitar in your possession (pretend you sold it for a lower-than-desired price, then you bought it back at that same bargain price!).

Realistically, it's even more fun to build ramps now that we're older. More resources, better tools, and we can legally drink beer while working... it's just the skating that's worse now. It hurts to fall as an old man. :oops:

This is absolutely true. My last bike mishap landed me in the ER.

Realistically, it's even more fun to build ramps now that we're older. More resources, better tools, and we can legally drink beer while working... it's just the skating that's worse now. It hurts to fall as an old man. :oops:
True, but there was something about those old janky ramps.

's'truth. Git outter mah head!

Personal experience has proven over and over again that the proceeds from sales of guitars and other cool stuff goes into the "general fund" and rarely gets spent on a new whatever dollar for dollar. Also, the big swing set is a complete money pit. The kids will use it a few times and it becomes a thing of the past.

What I would sell it for is a 529 plan for you child's educational needs because of the high growth and no tax potential for college savings. Other than that, hang onto it.

On Sunday, I was reffing a U19 girls' soccer game. Running down the side to follow the play, I toe-picked, and all I could think was, "This is probably going to hurt if I fall." I didn't. A few years ago, doing a U18 mens' game, I tripped over somneone's equipment bag in a similar situation, did a somersault and popped back up to rejoin the play (because I'm pretty nimble for a fat guy).

Not sure why, but the ground seems to have gotten harder the last 10-15 years.

Well everyone, Thanks for the input.

The ad has been taken down. I was very impressed with a Suhr Modern carved top just prior to posting this thread, which made me doubt my CU24. The pickups sounded so great, and had wicked 2&4 positions from a strat approximated. The neck felt great and I just left the store on a buzz. Except for the $7200 CAD price tag.

I played the CU24 all last week, and took it in to compare to that Suhr head to head.

The 3 middle positions of my 5 way were way more to my ear, and even the HFS held its own against the thornbucker+. (i may still try a set of those in tbisnguitar though)

The neck of the Suhr might have felt a little nicer in my hand past the 12th fret. However I don't spend too much time there.

Anyway all of this rambling is to say that a little time and a head to head against what I thought was a "top 5 I've ever played" guitar made me realize just what I've got.

So with me she stays.

But I did spy a McCarty NF 25th Anni for sale locally... This is truly a sickness.

Back