Should I Buy P22 10 Top

USMC7312

Retired Marine
I have an opportunity to buy a new P22 10 Top which I have been interested in for a while. I have played one before and seen a dozen or so played in the past. I am only hesitant because of new buyer excitement. You know when you see it and it plays and sounds so cool you can't help but be envious. For those of you who own one, how do you feel about the single coil tone and the piezo?

Do you use any gear to enhance the tone?

Thx

it really does not do a pure single coil tone. but it has a variety of tones available. The piezo sounds great. To really bring out a nice acoustic tone I run mine though a LRBaggs Para DI then into the PA and the other cable to electric amp. I have fooled some that thought it was an acoustic plugged in until they saw it. I really like mine. I have the earlier versions with the 53/10 pick ups

Hey. I love mine. I agree about the single coil sounds (mine has 53/10s, which I love), but it does cover a lot of ground. I run the piezo through an LR Baggs Para DI then to the PA and love it. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone that likes PRS (who doesn't?) and needs a piezo.

I'm not 100 % sure on the discontinuation of the 53/10s, but I think it had something to do with part availability. Have you played anything with 57/08s? They really are amazing pickups.

PS: thanks for your service.

I don't have a P22, but I think you should buy one because I'm an enabler. ;)

Do it!

Positootly! I just bought a custom 24. i think I gave in to sales tactics. I love the Custom 24, especially for rock, but i play a lot of acoustic and I think the P22 would have been more my speed. I can picture it running between an electric guitar amp and acoustic amp. Switching back and forth would be a blast! Of course it was the P38 that won the war in the Pacific!

Back