Should have stayed at home Saturday

joeellis

I went to my local GC on Saturday with no desire to buy another guitar. After all, I just bought a used PRS Sunburst SC 245 with the PF09 Nitro finish. It is on the way and not yet in my possesion.

When I arrived, I stopped and talked with the person I normally deal with. All the PRS's are behind the main checkout counter as you walk into the guitar area. Immediatly, a guitar like I had just purchased, caught my eye. I asked to fondle it. I played it acoustically for a few minutes as we continued to talk. I gave it back, but noticed a ver nice SC 58. I'd never personally seen one, so I repeated the process.

I gave it back, told him I was going to look around, started on my way when I noticed another PRS on the bottom right side of the wall. A beautiful Faded Blue Burst Santana Signature. Again, I asked to fondle this guitar. After a few minutes, he took it to the loud room and plugged it in for me. I fell in love. It was set up very nicely, played easily and sounded great. Long story short, I put a deposit on it before I left.

My wife wasn't very happy with me, but I explained how the guitar spoke to me. She didn't go along with it, but she is a very understanding girl. She is a keeper for sure.

The guitar that speaks to you is usually better than the woman who doesn't!

alantig said:
The guitar that speaks to you is usually better than the woman who doesn't!

Awesome.

And congrats on the NGD to follow!

swede71 said:
You have serious PRS addiction,try to stay home next Saturday ;)

I believe I'm done for awhile lol.

As for staying home this Saturday, not a chance. I'm going to Greensboro to see some real guitar players instead of stayin' home and plunking myself. There is a outdoor blues event there with a few opening acts that eventually leads up to Eric Gales & Smokin' Joe Kubek/Bnois King. Should be an outstanding event.

Twinfan said:
Always buy the guitars that speak to you. Always.

In the heat of excitement, you may not know if its really speakin to you, or if youre speakin to yourself. but once things calm down, you will know for sure.

I bought one that spoke to me, just from handling it without plug in. try to get some alone time with it, without the guitar store guy there.

jonnyhturbo said:
Twinfan said:
Always buy the guitars that speak to you. Always.

In the heat of excitement, you may not know if its really speakin to you, or if youre speakin to yourself. but once things calm down, you will know for sure.

I bought one that spoke to me, just from handling it without plug in. try to get some alone time with it, without the guitar store guy there.

I did. He left me in the loud room alone. It was a wonderful instrument. The funny thing is, the color isn't something that would normally attract me, although it is beautiful. After playing it for awhile, there was no doubt in my mind how much I liked it. It played so effortlessly, and it has a beautiful voice.

Back