Shorty Trem arms?

Sybo

Jim
I’ve never been a tremolo kind of guy. I really appreciate what it takes to master it tastefully. One of the problems that I have had in the past in trying to get more comfortable with it, it’s too damn long! Has anybody played with one of these and chopped one down? I’m itching for the grinder

I’ve never been a tremolo kind of guy. I really appreciate what it takes to master it tastefully. One of the problems that I have had in the past in trying to get more comfortable with it, it’s too damn long! Has anybody played with one of these and chopped one down? I’m itching for the grinder
I think John Mann makes custom arms for PRS on request. It'd be worth a phone call or email.

I think John Mann makes custom arms for PRS on request. It'd be worth a phone call or email.

Ya, John Mann makes "Gilmour" arms for PRS core and SE guitars... They're called "Gilmour" arms after David Gilmour's custom 4" (or so) trem arm he's been rocking for years... I just bought three more from the Guitar Vault myself. I'm not particularly uncomfortable with a standard trem arm, but the shorty version feels like magic as far as I'm concerned.

I'd like to shorten my arms, but that would require a very, very short guitar strap.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, it's the only reason I haven't done it. I think it'd be fun to have very short arms, like maybe 6 inches."

"Fun to shock people for like, one second, but then what would you do?"

"Oh wait, arm-shortening surgery isn't temporary?" :eek:

"You're out of your freaking mind, you know."

"Somehow it strikes me as odd that you haven't previously figured that out."

I'd like to shorten my arms, but that would require a very, very short guitar strap.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, it's the only reason I haven't done it. I think it'd be fun to have very short arms, like maybe 6 inches."

None of my PRS is I play with a trem. This just might have been spurred on by a certain S type guitar that I just obtained!

"Seriously?"

Tyrannosaurus Les

R.5eea86b8b2b2ed6204abcc10f59e03cd

"Seriously?"

T-Lex

You might consider a “Jake Blade”

Though it looks like they might have any PRS available.

I ordered a couple arms from Fender, diameter was off. Just chopped the arm. Dirty Boogie, once I start modifying myself, I can go nuts. It’s the manufacturer/design thing in me…..

Just wanted to see what everyone has to share, and what was out there already. I am in love just a “wee” bit more now.
TWSS

I ordered a couple arms from Fender, diameter was off. Just chopped the arm. Dirty Boogie, once I start modifying myself, I can go nuts. It’s the manufacturer/design thing in me…..

Just wanted to see what everyone has to share, and what was out there already. I am in love just a “wee” bit more now.
“I’ve cut it 3 times now, and it’s still too short!”

Got the arm in, and I really like it. Just that little bit shorter that makes it fit my hand where I want. The arm is much easier to use for me and I think I’m going to start swapping them out on a few of my other trem-equipped PRS guitars. Kudos to John Mann’s Guitar Vault for great parts and fast shipping.

JZ55lnS.jpg

Back