Shine shine

g.wizz

Nabs
Hello brothers
After 6 years the trem bridge on my 513 is looking dull, any suggestions on what to use
to bring back the luster and shine, also the fixed bridge on my Ted needs a lovin' too
Any info is highly appreciated

I would just clean it, maybe a little guitar polish, but most of all just appreciate that it's a well loved guitar and it's going to show signs of wear, including the hardware starting to look dull in places!

If you really *need* the shiny, try some nickel, or perhaps chrome polish (depending on what the plating is made from on the hardwire). Be careful though, you can just take the plating clean off as well.

I would just clean it, maybe a little guitar polish, but most of all just appreciate that it's a well loved guitar and it's going to show signs of wear, including the hardware starting to look dull in places!

If you really *need* the shiny, try some nickel, or perhaps chrome polish (depending on what the plating is made from on the hardwire). Be careful though, you can just take the plating clean off as well.
Thank you sir, I should mention that my 513 AP FBJ has faded like 50% and resides in its plush case until played now, so I guess faded shine is very befitting.

It probably depends on your skin chemistry, but I try to only use Windex and a cloth terry towel with light elbow grease. Not too much since regular cleaning can go thru the plating.

I swear by this. I use it for fret and hardware polishing and it works brilliantly. Even works for cleaning fingerboards. Very gentle and does not scratch (otherwise it would not be used to polish precious metals).

Cannot be used for gold hardware though as the yellow will fade off.
23010_1

https://towntalkpolish.com/product-category/silver/silver-cleaning/

The typical result:
MQ2KhnA.jpg

Unfortunately, all those brands are not available in my country and can't ship at the moment, but I do have a polish for silver that I bought few years ago and never used, so that might do the trick, thanks folks for all your suggestions, I really appreciate it

Thank you sir, I should mention that my 513 AP FBJ has faded like 50% and resides in its plush case until played now, so I guess faded shine is very befitting.

Somewhere a certain forum member has a wicked grin on his face!

Sorry G!

I swear by this. I use it for fret and hardware polishing and it works brilliantly. Even works for cleaning fingerboards. Very gentle and does not scratch (otherwise it would not be used to polish precious metals).

Cannot be used for gold hardware though as the yellow will fade off.
23010_1

https://towntalkpolish.com/product-category/silver/silver-cleaning/

The typical result:
MQ2KhnA.jpg
Interesting. I use something similar and have threatened for years to do a You Tube video for one of my tricks to do with them... But you may need something more substantial for a bridge.

Hope you’ve found something to bring your chrome back to a lustre?
Well, As I mentioned before I do have a can of silver polish but I haven't got around to it yet, plus all hell can break loose in my country at any moment so I'm procrastinating a little.

Well, As I mentioned before I do have a can of silver polish but I haven't got around to it yet, plus all hell can break loose in my country at any moment so I'm procrastinating a little.

Yeah I sometimes forget it’s not like Scotland!

Back