Shawn's 15 Year Employee Guitar, Start To Finish

This thing will be off the charts.
I know of one company that supplies a photo of its guitars on the setup bench. Nice touch but to have something like this! I would be tempted to have a little book printed to keep in the case :)

That's actually a great idea, I might do that.

I had a big 11x14 picture book made of my PS. Pretty cool.

The neck was carved today!

Carvve.jpg

Thanks for the videos and congrats on the anniversary guitar Shawn! I enjoyed sharing these with my 5 year old daughter - she was watching with me for a bit and we discussed what the machines were doing and had some fun pointing out all the different parts of the neck on my 24 that more or less matched the CNC footage. It was pretty cool to point out that the same machines and people in the video created the neck she was holding.

If anyone likes figured mahogany necks and has ever considered ordering a Private Stock, I recommend making an appointment to visit the factory soon. We got a nice supply of these neck blanks recently and the vault is stocked right now. My neck blank wasn't chosen for the PS vault because it doesn't have enough figuring, so you can imagine what the PS neck blanks look like! Don't sleep on this one

If anyone likes figured mahogany necks and has ever considered ordering a Private Stock, I recommend making an appointment to visit the factory soon. We got a nice supply of these neck blanks recently and the vault is stocked right now. My neck blank wasn't chosen for the PS vault because it doesn't have enough figuring, so you can imagine what the PS neck blanks look like! Don't sleep on this one

Does figured mahogany react to stain like maple? This could be something I need to keep in mind.

I'll second boogie on that! I am all new to guitars in general. However I am not new to being obsessed with details and quality. As cheesy as it sounds...knowing that there is a manufacturer and craftsmen/women out there doing this gives me hope! The passion that bleeds from this is amazing! The process is truly awe inspiring. It makes me want to play better so one day I can con (Freudian Slip) "con"vince my wife into letting me have one of these glorious guitars! Thanks again Shawn!

Last edited:
Back