Shawn's 15 Year Employee Guitar, Start To Finish

It's supremely cool to watch the build in progress. I'd lose my mind if I had video of mine being assembled.

I believe that this would be a service that people would pay for. ...imagine a video of each step of your PS being built, or even just snippets like we are seeing here.

PRS could charge a premium over the cost of the guitar and deliver the video on a DVD in the case. They could set the cost at whatever they think justified the royal pain in the a$$ it would be to record and edit, and still, there would be people who would pay for it.

I believe that this would be a service that people would pay for. ...imagine a video of each step of your PS being built, or even just snippets like we are seeing here.

PRS could charge a premium over the cost of the guitar and deliver the video on a DVD in the case. They could set the cost at whatever they think justified the royal pain in the a$$ it would be to record and edit, and still, there would be people who would pay for it.

Heck, I'd pay to watch someone else's guitar being made!

That's great Shawn. I love the idea that employees get a guitar for certain milestone in their career at PRS and I love the fact you are documenting the build process. Go PRS go!!!

Really excited about this thread. Is your build expedited since you're an employee? Or do you have to wait the normal time while your baby sits in the shop like an average Joe?

Hey, I was going to pitch an idea for just such a thing in my post, but thought it'd be too cheeky. I bet demand would be high, but like you mentioned about all the added labor, it's maybe a road to hell paved with great intentions.

Hi guys - Thanks again for indulging me as I post pics and videos of the build process. I'm just so freakin' excited about the project, I want to share it with people who can truly appreciate what it means!

To answer a couple of questions: No, employee guitars are not expedited through the factory. Employee guitars are schedule through the factory and we have to wait just like everyone else. In fact, when push comes to shove, customer orders take priority over employee guitars. My 15th anniversary was last March and I'm hoping my guitar is completed by the end of this year. It's a long wait, but at least It'll only be a little over 4 more years until I can get my 20 year guitar! :)

We have considered offering the documentation process for Private Stock guitars, but there is so much work involved to create a DVD (filming, editing, cataloging and producing), we would need to hire a full time person to do the work. We are already shorthanded and are actively looking for production employees to whittle down our backorder. Maybe when we can catch our breath again, this is an idea we can revisit?

Shawn
\m/ \m/

@Shawn@PRS got any pics of the 2 and 7 year anniversary guitars?

Here are some crappy pics of 2 yr (Blue Matteo) and 7 yr (Sunburst)

Matteoedit.jpg
5609_114236361667_631371667_2225126_8127598_n[1].jpg

Back